Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Longer ship names

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 6:59:43 PM
Have options is always nice.

I didn't run into this issue much, as I opt for names like GUN DEF and BUGSMASH (my line of big ships meant to end the cravers once and for all)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 7:02:22 PM
Actually, I like how it is with the numbering. Instead of calling it "Falcon Mk1" call it "Falcon Mk" and let the game handle incrementing for you.

Longer names would be nice, though. I feel like I'm going full-military calling things SP-MS-BS for Support/Missile Battleship and the like.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 10:40:01 PM
It can be implemented in a string file called ships1.xml for "race 1", then we can add names and for the sake of immersion, even which hull does require to get that name, so a frigate can't be called THE DEVASTATOR!!!11!ONEONE... smiley: biggrin

If a full experience system will be implemented then with the xml after a certain numbers of battles or kills, the ships gains a name... OR if is it like the Star Trek lore for example, ships gains their name upon be completed... this changes a little how the ships1.xml can be used, but then, everyone of us can create xml's with names or so, and if the modding ability will be finished this will do wonders for the immersion smiley: smile

This way we can put a name on a CLASS of starship in the construction windows, and then they gain their names in battle! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 10:55:43 PM
I would love if we had longer names. I can't really be a little creative with my names the space is just to short...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 11:07:14 PM
This was one of the few annoyances I had with the game so far; the restriction on both naming of ship types and of fleets smiley: confused hopefully it can be extended pretty easily
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 11:25:24 PM
I was emberassed as i saw that i could only type that few characters smiley: frown

But I think 15 signs should be enough.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 5:54:28 PM
I agree the name should be longer but I also noticed something else. If you have a ship name "Falcon Mk1" for example and then modify it, the name should be "Falcon Mk2" then Mk3, etc. Right now it just adds 2, 3, etc on the end. So it become "Falcon Mk1 2", "Falcon Mk1 3", etc. If the name ends in a number, when it's modified, increase the number.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 4:26:10 AM
I could go either way for being able to name specific ships. It may be a good idea since ships gain experience. It would be an effective (and immersive) way to keep track of your ships.

I'm also strongly in favor of adding more length to ship design titles. I may not try naming something "Rolling Hills Juggernaut class Dreadnought" but 10 characters is quite limiting.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 3:33:21 AM
This is something that has always bothered me in games like this. For the price of a few extra characters, my complete immersion in the fleet management could be secured.

+1
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment