Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Longer ship names

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 4:13:03 AM
One of the most irritating things in Sins of a Solar Empire was the preposterously small limit on characters for ship and planet names. I am fully in agreement that even just the addition of a few more characters would work wonders for improving immersion, as I don't have to waste time wondering how to shorten a name to fit.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 4:35:05 AM
Agreed. I have a habit of long ship names like Emperor II-CsV (Command-support vessel), Empress II-PaV (planetary assault vessel), Dragontooth II Conquista etc
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 4:40:41 AM
Agreed. I want to name the type of ship I have and as a bonus name individual ships. I mean it's not like you are going to have a hundred and one ships.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 2:07:16 AM
Hi, this is just a suggestion but when you are making a ship type it would be nice if it would allow more keystrokes. For example, I wanted to name my ship class the Rivington Class Dreadnought, but there wasn't anywhere near enough room. Also, is it possible individual ships could have names? Or perhaps a ship gains experience after each battle it survives, and eventually it gains a name and is more powerful.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 4:55:25 PM
Definitely a must, 8 characters or something is way too short. At least 12+ would be nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 5:40:22 PM
I'd say a good 30 characters should suffice

unless someone goes something like "HMS Awesomely Fabulous Sparkly Mothership of Colourful Doom"
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment