logo amplifiers simplified

MOO3-like combat implementation

YES
NO
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 8:32:25 PM
Ye good idea guys i will try to do this regulary and fast.

If you dont mind will try to implement ideas that i would find in this forum too.

By this way it will be one big post with all ideas about this system. smiley: smile

this should make dev attention and guys vote your votes and ideas are very important for this project.

It will upgrade game for us all so lets go to the work.

there was idea about ground combat what i think is good too.

Deathdealer make statment about how it could work.

"I think, graphic treats aside, you could at least have a dilemma type option every 3 turns of ground combat or so without taking much time from the player.

Examples:

Every 3rd turn of combat on your turn a notification appears requesting you choose a single option from the two presented. The attacker is given a random dilemma from the Attacker Event list and the Defender is given a random dilemma from the Defender Event list.

Attacker Events:

- Pillage building: +X FIDS based on highest cost building OR -10% invasion speed for 3 turns.

- Scorched Earth: +20% invasion speed OR +10% system ownership at end of invasion (success only).

- Biological Weapons: +25% invasion speed and - diplomacy with all races OR -10% invasion speed on this planet and + diplomacy with other races.

...etc

Defender Events:

- Sabotage: Destroy most expensive building to set invasion back X OR +10% enemy invasion speed.

- Patricians: Lose 1 population and set invasion back X OR +15% enemy invasion speed.

- Subversion: Increase enemy invasion speed by 30% and decrease enemy ownership growth by 20% OR reduce enemy invasion speed by 5%.

...etc "

post by Deathdealer.

I hope he don't mind that i quote this smiley: smile

This would be nice thou in MP because ground combat fight and space combat on manual would take a bit of time so restrict this to 3 turn or only on 1 planet Governor one per system would be nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 7:28:52 PM
smiley: approval Addition of Ground Combat Round during Invasion

smiley: approval Above posts contain a good start. Refinement needed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 3:33:42 PM
it could be made simplier, like

Frontal attack, Flank attack, orbital barrage

countered by

Entrench, Counterattack, Barricade

Front Attack vs Entrench - entrenched troops have the advantage

Flank Attack vs Entrench - entrenched troops are in deep troubles

Orbital vs Entrench - Entrench and orbital barrage both succed

etc..
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 31, 2012, 1:50:33 PM
hmm not realy in my opinion it just adapted what space combat is now to ground combat.

All this hits what will happen next if situaction A occure is same what space combat offer now so its not changeing the game idea.

for example

--if you occure enemy space ship you can fight manual or auto

--when you fight with oponent you chose 3 cards and oponent too (AI)

-- all cards have their counters.

etc etc

what is going to change is just add another option of fight for planet

--so evolving is blocade system particulary its an entre to ground fight (same as space fight just on planet not in space)

--added some representation of your progres in combat (regions swaping colors --> like damge on ships in space, ships when damaged are burning.)

--some sound efects

-- even some grafic with explosions are in game (meteor strikes anomaly on planets --> when meteor falls on planet we see small explosion.)

-- new unites like new ship (its not needed to spam like 30 difrent models of unites. Its ok to represent forces just with 3 to make the run for same idea with cards as space fights works now.

smiley: smile i hope the idea is more clear now. I never thought about changeing game dramaticly just to add some improvment.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 31, 2012, 1:33:51 PM
This sounds massively overcomplicated.

It almost sounds like you want an entire game within a game.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment