Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Galaxy Density Map Mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 3:26:43 AM
Needs to be in vanilla.

Edit: doesn't work, the game just boots back to the main menu upon hitting "start game"
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 2:03:13 AM
There is no longer a need for GDMM (Galaxy Density Map Mod).

Amplitude studios has added in their own support for density maps.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 1:15:07 AM
I have to decompile the current plugin and then add my mod and recompile it when i find the time. I might do it tommorow if im not tired.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 1:34:18 AM
I think you're correct on that one. Same issue here, but it definitely worked when first released. That's alright - just learning the knowledge in this thread is enough to open up the possibilities of making new galaxy shapes and sizes! Now if only I could get it to work...

With the latest unmodded version, I redrew the "spiral 2 arm" galaxy as a cross, but the map loaded looking like a... 2 arm galaxy. I don't know what I did wrong, if anything. I did notice the background image doesn't change with the density or region map, which actually makes perfect sense, since it is too high quality to be anything else than pre-rendered. Any tips?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 6:30:54 AM
Perhaps the update from .24 (when originally built I think) to .30.x changed something that is causing this.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 29, 2012, 4:59:50 PM
Im afraid I cant get this working. I am installing it correctly, but, when I start a new game, I get the new game load screen, then it drops me immediately back to the main menu. Kinda sucks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 29, 2012, 12:29:30 PM
What happens if you change the size of the image/s? Bigger galaxies? Crashes?

Anyway, I'm in, this looks cool smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 11:03:01 PM
Baleur wrote:
Needs to be in vanilla.

Edit: doesn't work, the game just boots back to the main menu upon hitting "start game"

Ill run some tests later today.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 11:10:32 PM
GALAXY DENSITY MAP MOD (GDMM)

Why:

Currently solar systems are somewhat evenly distributed throughout the galaxy. This lowers the potential of territory and expansion conflicts. To solve this i have made this mod.

What:

The GALAXY DENSITY MAP MOD (GDMM) is a simple .dll replacement which will enable the usage of density maps for galaxies. Density maps are already included in the game, but have not been exploited by the developers yet.

Download:

You can download the latest version of GDMM here: http://puu.sh/sXqR

Installation:

1. Simply navigate to: %PROGRAM FILES%/Steam/steamapps/common/endless space/Public/GalaxyGenerator

2. Rename the "GalaxyGeneratorPlugin.dll" in that folder to "GalaxyGeneratorPlugin.dll.old" (This way you have a backup)

3. Paste the .dll from the rar file in the same folder.

4. The mod has been installed!

Video Guide:

How to use:

The mod takes effect next time you create a new galaxy, there is no additional work needed.

How to modify Density maps

You will find the density maps in: %PROGRAM FILES%/Steam/steamapps/common/endless space/Public/GalaxyGenerator/Density

There will be (7) image files which represent the formation of the different galaxies.

You can open up any of the image files and edit their colors, explanation of colors below.

What color means what?

MAKE SURE YOU ONLY USE WHITE-GREY-BLACK, NO COLORS

Black (0,0,0) is the lowest density of solar systems.

White (255,255,255) is the highest density of solar systems.

Grey (127.5,127.5,127.5) is medium (middle) density of solar systems.

Example of what the density maps look like:

VIRUS SCAN OF .DLL

https://www.virustotal.com/file/14eb4d102e7544a692f6ad14150c3a3bd4f0c9c011cf7bdd5d 4b405cd2a2e2fd/analysis/1336172902/

This is a Alpha Mod. Compatibility with future version is not garunteed. Endless Space belongs to Amplitude Studios. All i have done is modify a section of the GalaxyGenerator plugin to include Density maps.

Please leave comments, feedback, and what you think!
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 2:26:30 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
Can you create new shapes with that ?

Yes, but you will also have to edit the region map aswell so it matches, otherwise there may be, unforeseen consequences.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment