Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Galaxy Density Map Mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 8:34:19 PM
PolytheistGoat wrote:
Aye, sorry for the somewhat clunky answer there. Star/string connections + wormhole generation.

By affecting the number of systems spawned it also effects how the connections are. For example on the 8 spiral, there are a few systems branching out, and then in the center there are a whole bunch of systems interconnected.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 8:44:35 AM
Aye, sorry for the somewhat clunky answer there. Star/string connections + wormhole generation.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 5:02:12 AM
PolytheistGoat wrote:
Fantastic - when I get finished with work I'll give it a try. The eight-spiral wheel of Chao- er, arm seems to be great at causing strife if everyone starts on or near a spiral and makes their way towards the resource and star rich center. Does this affect travel lanes at all?

Do you mean star system connections?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 4:39:01 AM
Fantastic - when I get finished with work I'll give it a try. The eight-spiral wheel of Chao- er, arm seems to be great at causing strife if everyone starts on or near a spiral and makes their way towards the resource and star rich center. Does this affect travel lanes at all?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:24:31 AM
SABA wrote:
Cool!. Actually seems pretty simple, apart from creating the .dll part that is. I wonder could you, say for example, just replace the maps with some alphas you have made and just give them the same name as the originals? Or is that essentially what you have done?

I also wonder how well the engine could handle gradients. Might try a few experiments.

Anyway thanks!

That's right, you just replace the image file with the one you have edited. I suggest you keep backup's however.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:47:42 AM
Cool!. Actually seems pretty simple, apart from creating the .dll part that is. I wonder could you, say for example, just replace the maps with some alphas you have made and just give them the same name as the originals? Or is that essentially what you have done?

I also wonder how well the engine could handle gradients. Might try a few experiments.

Anyway thanks!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment