Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

IDEA: Multiple Galaxies

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 2:47:07 PM
I agree, I love that idea, because although I can set the galaxy to contain a hundred systems or so, it nevertheless always feels kind of small to me, don't know why that is....
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 24, 2012, 5:35:09 PM
Something I would like to see as well. +1
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 12:17:32 PM
I love to see that too

But i know, the real challenge is the AI Moves and Micromanagement in the other "Layers" of the Galaxy. Example, you went to Layer 2 Galaxie, the CPU still render/calculate the Layer 1 and depper AI Moves. The Galaxie Layers dont freeze, while your in a different one. i think here the AI moves + CPU (still Dualcore+) is the Limit, and of course your RAM (Galaxy Map Data+). But take into account, with Time you have to Wait 30sec+ to end a Turn...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 12:24:49 PM
Imagine! A game map where each player has their own small private galaxy and they all travel to a central, bigger one to do battle and the only way to invade it is through a wormhole. It will be about who has the power to breakthrough and invade the other sanctuaries.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 9:12:50 PM
Sounds like a good idea to the dev's for an expansion. play through one galaxy, more/less conquer or unite the galaxy via diplomacy, research until you discover another galaxy and they introduce a whole different set of races and planets that you have to tangle with,
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 9:05:15 AM
I hate to be person who asks sanity from others... mostly because I'm last one to whom except that,

BUT

computers have their limits, games have their limits, players have their limits.

Sadly althought this would be marvelous idea it's not even hard to do, it's bordering in the line of impossible.

Still if someone wants to try I cheer and wait anxiously what he can do.

Though guys, before we try to get moon from the sky should we try to learn to build mudhut? We don't have single working mod in these forums yet and I see wild ideas running around.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 5:16:54 PM
Hupailija wrote:
I hate to be person who asks sanity from others... mostly because I'm last one to whom except that,

BUT

computers have their limits, games have their limits, players have their limits.

Sadly althought this would be marvelous idea it's not even hard to do, it's bordering in the line of impossible.

Still if someone wants to try I cheer and wait anxiously what he can do.

Though guys, before we try to get moon from the sky should we try to learn to build mudhut? We don't have single working mod in these forums yet and I see wild ideas running around.

Gotta start somewhere, I doubt this could get modded in to be honest. You could kinda do it in the form of scenarios on custom maps if we could ever add other races. The functionality in-game from a memory perspective would need to dump the memory and load the next galaxy separately I think for it to be possible, but if you have a fast PC the loading times are pretty quick. I don't think the system would handle well 16 races in the late game over two galaxies, definitely agreed, but maybe as a goal once a player has united the galaxy or something or other expansion you could do it. Say the pilgrims goal is to find Tor and it turns out to be somewhere else entirely who knows? Cool idea for down the line, agreed not possible now.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment