Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[RELEASED] Hupas compilation mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 21, 2012, 6:06:32 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
I will admit to not knowing what that is. smiley: smile

mmmm, it's just +0.1 to fids when you colonize terran, jungle, ocean, tundra or arid and +10 to approval
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 21, 2012, 6:46:48 PM
Woot, I figured it out.. fixing takes forever though, so won't be ready before tomorrow 12.00 (finnish time, approximately 10 gmt, god only knows when on USA)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 21, 2012, 7:43:21 PM
Naming Suggestions

[code]UE:

* Businessman 2 (need to figure out better names): 0% science, 100% of dust goes to science, +20% dust. They buy technology instead of studying it (makes sense really, think about Imperium from Warhammer for example)

* Evil: 30% cheaper ships

* Corporative: 30% more income from trade, 10% more income, -10% production. Do I have to explain? :P

* Marketing: +2 dust per planet

(to be implemented: High quality people: +15 approval and +1 to fids when living on terran, jungle or ocean) [/code]

Businessman 2 - rename to Corporate Research

Evil - rename to Arms Manufacturers

Corporative - rename to Bureaucracy

Marketing - rename to Mass Marketing

[code]

Sophons:

* Scientist 1: 50% less production, 50% of science goes to production, +15% science: People are too busy to think improved ways to increase their production

* Good: +10% to fids

* Democracy: -10 approval, +1 science per population, +1 dust per population: Sophons being superioir intelligent specie tend to favor pragmatic and social ways to solve crisis.

* Scientific: +2 science per planet

(to be implemeted: High quality people: +15 approval and +1 to fids when living on terran, jungle or ocean)

[/code]

Scientist - rename to Research and Development

Good - rename to Efficiency Management Plan

Democracy - wouldn't a scientific government favor Technocracy?

Technocracy
is a form of government in which experts in technology would be in control of all decision making. Scientists, engineers, and technologists who have knowledge, expertise, or skills, would compose the governing body, instead of politicians, businessmen, and economists.[SUP][1][/SUP] In a technocracy, decision makers would be selected based upon how knowledgeable and skillful they are in their field.

[code]Hissho:

* Born to fight: 15% to min and max damage, +5 dust and science per enemy fleet CP , -1 to fids on planets, -15 approval if not on war with somebody

* Eeeevil: 30% cheaper ships

* Military dictatorship: 20% cheaper ships, 20% increase to improvements, -20% science, +50 ship experience

* Avians: +2 to ship speed

(to be implemeted: High quality people: +15 approval and +1 to fids when living on terran, jungle or ocean)[/code]

* Born to fight: - rename to Belligerent or Warlike Nature

* Eeeevil: - rename to Arms Manufacturers
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 21, 2012, 7:47:47 PM
iblise wrote:
Naming Suggestions

[code]UE:

* Businessman 2 (need to figure out better names): 0% science, 100% of dust goes to science, +20% dust. They buy technology instead of studying it (makes sense really, think about Imperium from Warhammer for example)

* Evil: 30% cheaper ships

* Corporative: 30% more income from trade, 10% more income, -10% production. Do I have to explain? :P

* Marketing: +2 dust per planet

(to be implemented: High quality people: +15 approval and +1 to fids when living on terran, jungle or ocean) [/code]

Businessman 2 - rename to Corporate Research

Evil - rename to Arms Manufacturers

Corporative - rename to Bureaucracy

Marketing - rename to Mass Marketing

[code]

Sophons:

* Scientist 1: 50% less production, 50% of science goes to production, +15% science: People are too busy to think improved ways to increase their production

* Good: +10% to fids

* Democracy: -10 approval, +1 science per population, +1 dust per population: Sophons being superioir intelligent specie tend to favor pragmatic and social ways to solve crisis.

* Scientific: +2 science per planet

(to be implemeted: High quality people: +15 approval and +1 to fids when living on terran, jungle or ocean)

[/code]

Scientist - rename to Research and Development

Good - rename to Efficiency Management Plan

Democracy - wouldn't a scientific government favor Technocracy?

Technocracy
is a form of government in which experts in technology would be in control of all decision making. Scientists, engineers, and technologists who have knowledge, expertise, or skills, would compose the governing body, instead of politicians, businessmen, and economists.[SUP][1][/SUP] In a technocracy, decision makers would be selected based upon how knowledgeable and skillful they are in their field.

[code]Hissho:

* Born to fight: 15% to min and max damage, +5 dust and science per enemy fleet CP , -1 to fids on planets, -15 approval if not on war with somebody

* Eeeevil: 30% cheaper ships

* Military dictatorship: 20% cheaper ships, 20% increase to improvements, -20% science, +50 ship experience

* Avians: +2 to ship speed

(to be implemeted: High quality people: +15 approval and +1 to fids when living on terran, jungle or ocean)[/code]

* Born to fight: - rename to Belligerent or Warlike Nature

* Eeeevil: - rename to Arms Manufacturers

Cheers!

hmm, I managed find way to correct annoying %trait05 stuff. Second in list is then to change is so that it's not +faction trait (gets really confusing in case of origins)
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 21, 2012, 9:55:39 PM
Urgh, thats it, 12 hours coding for one day. Brain dead :/

this version should remove those nasty % stuff, sadly it replaces it +faction trait but I just can't quickly figure anyway to change that.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 3:35:10 AM
I just spent a couple of hours playing with your mod against the AI. And yup the AI is stupid like you said lol. But, sophons are crazy OP right now, I literally slammed through everything impossibly fast, I was researching multiple techs per turn... deep tree techs heh.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 5:01:48 AM
iblise wrote:
I just spent a couple of hours playing with your mod against the AI. And yup the AI is stupid like you said lol. But, sophons are crazy OP right now, I literally slammed through everything impossibly fast, I was researching multiple techs per turn... deep tree techs heh.

Now this is something I really want to know. I assume that Sophons are overpowered because well, they get something like 90% more research if combined together. (10+25+10) this also means that they get 1.9 times as much production than earlier.

Oooooh, now I get, I didn't tune Sophons research affinity down. This is why I shouldn't release late night updates.

Question is whether other races are seriously overpowered too.

I can easily assume that in hands of good human players Swarm is completly out of control now (15 to all resources in every new system, colony ships costs 45, no expansion approval).

or that Sowers just well... there is no word to describe them (what? You mean that race which doesn't eat anything is powerful, njaaaah)

hupa did you already checked this out: http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...itch-Infernals ??

eventually you can ask them if they need some help or something it is big and as it seems challenging perfect for you and you can bring them some new ideas^^

Have been checking it every now and then, it's just that

a) I hesitate to give ideas to persons who clearly know what they are doing and

b) This is my challenge. Instead of adding new races I try to reach to situation where race would be just picture and affinities wouldn't matter.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 5:54:54 AM
I'll mess around with some other stuff tomorrow... If you're bored any suggestions on how to prevent weapon firing during certain combat phases would be immensely helpful. Ie laser only in melee range
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 6:33:12 AM
You could try what happens if you take certain weapons completly out in:

Other option would be just set it too high, it would show graphics but weapon itself wouldn't ever hit.

Right now my problem is: Science and Money are both global factors where as Production and Food are system specific (quess why Sowers are industry to food smiley: wink. This means that for example in case of Sophons every planet gets seriously too high production and incase of Empire 1 population planet give similar research than 10 population planet.

I either a) have to imagine completly new ways to replicate their faction power

or b) have to imagine complely new faction powers.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 8:11:24 AM
Sometimes I feel myself so idiot.

There was really easy change for UE, instead of:

OperationType="Addition"

BinaryOperationType="Multiplication"

Left="0.5"

Right="$(Money)"

Path="ClassEmpire/ClassStarSystem" Priority="2"/>

it's

OperationType="Addition"

Left="0.5"

Right="$(Money)"

Path="ClassEmpire" Priority="2"/>
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 6:20:06 PM
Been wondering whole day how to change Sophons so that they are not completly ridiculously powerful.

Then I started to wonder whether it's possible to build unique buildings and now on 2nd time during 1 day I feel myself complete idiot.

Basically to replicate effect of:

OperationType="Addition"

Left="0.5"

Right="$(Money)"

Path="ClassEmpire/ClassStarSystem" Priority="2"/>

When it comes to planets you need to build a building. This is also if you want to turn money to food or production or science to food or production.

Good part is that building buildings is easy to do, bad thing is that it requires finding space.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 8:19:34 PM
So yeah, I'm really really really sorry, that was awful mistake from my part... thats what you get when you try to be more cunning than system :/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 10:11:56 PM
[CODE][/CODE]

5 full games on Normal mode testing fleet caps.

A: The above does affect custom races (Seiyas way) - Can you mix this with your way of trait modification?

Also, start with a cap of about 30, and have the techs add 5 each to bring it up to about....60ish?

Simple balance is the issue. I've not yet seen a fleet over 70 so far after I nerfed pirates. Just increase pirate ship size command points x3 and it makes them tough but manageable. If fleets are 200CP, pirate fleets are 200CP worth of ships.

I might add I've been testing this :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 11:18:39 PM
Also the games engine may have problems with all kinetic 60CP fleets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 11:20:11 PM
Biggest I've done is a 28 vs 36 so far and there was a little stutter, my specs being i5/560Ti and 8gb ram. On top quality though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 11:24:12 PM
Aargh, 3 hours coding for nothing. I almost find way to implement wonderful way to change traits to planetary improvements (well actually that was easy).

It's just that when one tries to delete something like 3000 spaces (there just wasn't enough comments) errors happens -.-

Anyway I have partially implemented Seiyas way.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 11:37:55 PM
Whoa, they say that best ideas comes in bed but this time I didn't even was asleep yet...

Low Quality:

-50% expansion approval,

+15 approval

High Quality:

+10 approval

-50% highpopulation approval

Disastrous Origins:

+20 approval,

auto correct mild maluses (if it's possible to implement)

Instead Governments are/get buildings followingly:

Bureucracy: each planet gets marketcenter which increases money by +1 per population and 10% more money from system

Military dictatorship: each planet gets barracks, increases new ships exp by 20, ships (troops but lets pretend that ships are troops) 20% less expensive

Dictatorship: Palace +50% to all production. This is unique building, can only build once (if it's possible, think that we have code already for 5 buildings but have to check)

Communism: Courthouse: +10 approval, -10 expansionapproval, -10 highpopulation approval

Theocracy: University: +1 science per population
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 11:41:46 PM
What do you mean by Quality?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment