Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space and Modding

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 9:49:19 PM
Yes i can do that but in case of the Sol System we would need a Terran, a Baren, 2 Gas Giants one with Rings and 2 desert or arid (for mars and venus) . That makes the thing a little bit harder i guess

and the system name i agree it isnt possible atm (imo) Maybe if i get into the code itself [CODE] starname250[/CODE] if i get to the source for that i guess i am right.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 8:30:59 PM
Try messing with this part:

[code]

[/code]

Like I said, I haven't done this myself, so you will have to figure out the exact way to do this. For example you could try make it so that the OtherPlanets have a probability of 1 to generate Tundra planets. Oh and about the system name, I don't think that is possible without looking deeper inside the generation code.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 10:27:32 PM
I looked into the GalaxiGenerator xml but as far i can see it is all done randomly. I dont see where i can change that smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 6:03:19 PM
mJrA wrote:
noone has a answer?

This sounds familiar. Be ready to hear this a lot smiley: wink

Yes this should be possible.

This doesn't.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 4:27:09 PM
Yes this should be possible. Look into the GalaxySettings.xml at the galaxygenerator plugin folder. The whole homestar generation process is a separate step in the generation algorithm used. I don't know exactly how it works though, I haven't looked into that piece of code.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 2:53:33 PM
Looks like you will have to find out the answer, and then tell us. Welcome to the frontier of modding!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 10:19:15 PM
I have a question because of modding homeplanets. Is it possible to archive that the SOPHONS for example always start with a homesystem (Terran MEDIUM, 3x Tundra) and most important to name the system (SOPHOS) or something like that.

These are just examples. I need it for my B5 Mod where i want the Earth have a SOL system with Earth, Mars etc. At least i want planets who look like the real ones smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 4:06:45 AM
Harel55 wrote:
Hupailija, I think I'm really starting to like you.

That I do not hear often, usually it's more like: "you idiot" or "moron, think like we do" smiley: wink

Though in work it's nowadays more like: "if we let him do what he wants and how he wants we don't have to argue and we have finished project way before we have to".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 29, 2012, 12:59:52 PM
Perhaps we should post this topic on some of the other 4x space forums to attract the modding community for input? I'm thinking SOSE, SotSE type modders who already well advanced with their ideas.

Or have you already approached them?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 1, 2012, 6:41:54 AM
Is ES LUA scripting compatible? The LUA scripting capability of King’s Bounty gives an incredible amount of flexibility in being to modify a game.

I hope Endless Space uses LUA scripts or something similar to give a lot of flexibility to modders.

Matt Caspermeyer

(you may remember him for those King's Bounty mods and the Hyperion mod which made Emperor of the Fading Suns AI more challenging)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 31, 2012, 1:34:15 PM
Only reason I keep logging into this forum cause it said it was saving my cookies?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 31, 2012, 11:01:09 AM
Okim wrote:
Well, all you need is to give us lazy modders proper set of user-friendly tools, plug-ins, tutorials, manuals and other stuff. smiley: smile

Can I stress enough the importance of "user-friendly" in user-friendly tools ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 31, 2012, 10:55:41 AM
Home-made cookies too! smiley: smile

Okim wrote:
Well, all you need is to give us lazy modders proper set of user-friendly tools, plug-ins, tutorials, manuals and other stuff. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 31, 2012, 10:19:30 AM
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 30, 2012, 8:39:03 AM
I have already made a thread on SoaSE site in the relevant section. I will make another in the modding section.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 30, 2012, 8:18:16 AM
maceman wrote:
Perhaps we should post this topic on some of the other 4x space forums to attract the modding community for input? I'm thinking SOSE, SotSE type modders who already well advanced with their ideas.

Or have you already approached them?

Sure if you know any modders that would be interested, they are most welcome, and I am sure the game can only benefit from their early presence.

As you can see from Math post, we take modding very seriously.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment