Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

AI Mod-Download

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 11:31:27 AM
iblise wrote:
Actually the cycle thing seems worse now, I was having repeated issues of governors building food exploits and swapping to dust either the next turn or within the next 3-5 turns a lot...

Regarding Careful Sweeping - I'm rather confused now

[code][/code]

That looks like its +2 dust per explored moon - how does population figure into that?

I counter your argument with the Descripor of StarSystemImprovementMoney4:

[code][/code]

That looks like its +2 dust per planet - how does population figure into that?

Really, just try it out by razing a "Careful Sweeping" in an advanced game with a high-pop-system. It has a lot of impact.

I mean if it really would do, what the bugged tooltip suggests, it would be complete and utter crap and never ever worthwhile!

About the cycling getting worse. What race did you play with, did you use another but the Balanced-Governor and what Level did the exploits have? In my game it now has just sticked to Food for the most part but not completely like it did when "food till max" was doctrinated.

Edit: I've found another issue and I don't think it's caused by the mod because I think I've seen that before:

The AI seems to refuse to explore more than one moon per system, which, for instance, drastically reduces the use of the much debated "Carefull Sweeping". (Has anyone read the discrtiption of that building and sees any logical connection to moons? oO)

There is no AIPathRequirement for exploring moons and it has a relatively high value in AIParametersBuilding. The first Moon-Exploration reflects that but there's no second to come. Seems like a bug.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 12:11:49 PM
Ail wrote:

Edit: I've found another issue and I don't think it's caused by the mod because I think I've seen that before:

The AI seems to refuse to explore more than one moon per system, which, for instance, drastically reduces the use of the much debated "Carefull Sweeping". (Has anyone read the discrtiption of that building and sees any logical connection to moons? oO)

There is no AIPathRequirement for exploring moons and it has a relatively high value in AIParametersBuilding. The first Moon-Exploration reflects that but there's no second to come. Seems like a bug.

I've actually seen this too, and I'm not using your mod. I am currently using racial diversity mod. If the "bug" is not in the vanilla game, perhaps it is related to some change that is common between the two mods?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 1:26:44 PM
I'm pretty sure it is in vanilla as well.

I've news about this bug.

The AI only then explores a moon if the planet does not have an exploitation.

This can result in AI-Systems without moon-Exploration and in Systems with all moons explored. It depends on the order in wich the planets are colonized.

You got the planet early so it won't explore the moon. You got the planet when the system already has a good economy so it explores the moon before gets an Exploit on the planet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 2:42:26 PM
I played amoeba and I was noticing the cycling when I hit the rank two dust exploit. Played only with balanced governors. I did restore the empire descriptor and battle cards XMLs, did you add something to the empire descriptor file that requires it from your files rather than default?

Based on my limited knowledge of ES coding and it's qwerks I would have stood behind my statement regarding the money exploits after looking at the code but you are right (again) regarding how these improvement calc the dust gain. It still doesn't make any sense when looking at the code but it's definately per pop. I assumed that it was simply a binary modifier on the other various money improvements with a right="$(Population) before I looked at them today.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 4:26:24 PM
iblise wrote:
I did restore the empire descriptor and battle cards XMLs, did you add something to the empire descriptor file that requires it from your files rather than default?

Nope, otherwise I would not have suggested to do so if you don't want these changes.

Strange that you still have the cycling. I mean when something happens like: A new planet is explored, a habitat was built, a planet was terraformed, then it still happens. But without a change of circumstances I'd say it's rather suprising as I cannot see this happen in my game (being Horatio).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 7:53:19 PM
I believe it was happening as my planets start getting close to population cap. It would change to dust and then realize it need more food to continue growing etc
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment