Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Diplomacy-Mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 4:32:34 PM
I think I fixed it but it won't fix it for older save-games.

The reason was that these:

were missing in my mod.

But since they are added at the game start, it would require to start a new game in order to get them.

And I also changed some other stuff:

-repaired Governor/AI-Food-Need calculations which were "destroyed" in 1.0.38

-Advanced Industrial Systems no longer prevent your population from growing once built

-reverted several workarounds related to A.I.S. like giving the AI a multiplier to prefer the bottom tech-tree and forbidding A.I.S. to be built when system was not fully populated

(these changes do not require a fresh start)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 11:07:58 PM
My experiments with BailiffDistrainee.xml seemed successfull. So I included the result into the mod.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 9:38:55 AM
@davae: This doesn't work in my mod anyways. You cannot affect approval via trade here since I'm misusing the Approval-system for the lone purpose of detecting borders. (because there is no other way to do it like I have requested several times)

I can very well imaginge that this bug might have it's origin somewhere else but might never occur in the unmodded game since the behaviour in this mod is just too different.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 11:56:39 PM
*Some* players try to win diplo victories with trade. Please don't eliminate alliances. If you can show the problem in an unmodded game, perhaps the dev team can fix the problem.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 11:14:55 PM
Well, the easiest solution to make sure that doesn't happen again would be removing alliances. What do you think about it?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 10:30:50 PM
Hi Ail

I've had an issue with an unbreakable cease fire again.

It seems to happen when I agree a cease fire with an AI that is allied with another so that both get the cease fire. Maybe its because I am using endless war and a peace can't be declared after the 20 turns are up.

A link to a saved game with this issue is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xr6k44magv92jqa/Growers%20-%20Turn%20135%20No%20War%20Allowed.zip
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 6:43:40 PM
Yeah, I tried vanilla again when 1.38 first released but I just walked over the AI again. Basically it's just so peaceful/passive that I can completely ignore military until I get a massive econ/tech advantage and then steamroll the AIs one at a time. Not too much fun IMO.

I started a new game with this mod and so far every turn has been a challenge. I'm not sure I prefer the AI's 'banzai' on sight all the time, but it's certainly keeping me on my toes.

Sooo, so far, so good! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 5:03:34 PM
That's great news Ail. I really enjoy playing with this mod. Going back to vanilla felt tame without it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 11:40:15 PM
After I get cease fires the AI seems less likely to declare war again after it is up, despite sharing a border. Perhaps I'm too powerful. If that is the case could the AI's be made more likely to ally and gang up on the player?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 4:17:29 PM
Checked it out and I think you are right.

I might need to merge some of the files in my mod with the originals. Seems to have to do with repairable wonders.

I will report back once I found it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 2:20:21 PM
While mods indeed can cause some troublesome behaviour as in screwing up rules, I highly doubt that the behaviour you described can have anything to do with it.

Sound's like a crash related to a graphical-issue.

The only workaround I can think of is to let the AI-Governor build the Exploitation so you don't have to zoom in on it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 9:41:24 AM
Yes it happened when reloading even after restarting the game. Having abandoned that game encountered this exception error again on a new map when encountering the solar farm again. Have being trying to replicate without mod but have not found the solar farm yet. No save game but will try to replicate and post.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 1:00:16 AM
@ cumberlow, do you have a save game or autosave from just before this point? If you reload the save game, does the same behavior re-appear? If so, then please zip and attach the save game to a post. Usually, if error/crash while zooming occurs, it is random, and would occur with the same frequency in the game with no mod. If you see this happening frequently, can you confirm if it also happens in the unmodded game?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 11:38:39 PM
Getting a null exception error and crash after colonizing a planet with a solar farm and zooming in to assign an exploitation. Tried a fresh game and get the same bug with 1.0.38 diplomacy mod.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 3:33:53 PM
Cumberlow wrote:
Possible bug with this mod.

Agreed a ceasefire with AI but couldn't declare war after time was up. Duration said $value, lasted entire game. Played with custom race that had endless war.

The patchnotes of the new patch contain this:

"With the previous diplomatic behavior we could have deadlock involving a permanent cold war state between all the factions."

I think this might be the cause of the problem you had.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 10:04:01 AM
Yes, you assumed it right.

They won't declare war as long as they feel your military is stronger.

Unfortunately with the things that are currently given I cannot realize that.

I've requested to have a border-check and an affinity check withing DiplomaticBehavior.xml so I could realize that stuff independantly from Attitude.

That way I could have done things like having empires declare war on you despite liking you.

But as it is now, I had to use the border-check from the attitude. So as it stand having an alliance and sharing a border at the same time isn't possible.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 19, 2012, 9:23:18 PM
Update 2012-12-19:

Version 2.3.0:

Since the AI is now able to retreat, I gave back the corresponding cards.

I also removed several changes from 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 as I could convince Meedoc to include them into the patch.

Namedly: AIS-issue, scrap-order, food-requirement-formula.

However, I told the AI to not go for the Wonder-Victory anymore because for scenarios where that victory type was disabled or already fullfilled, they still would build a lot of thos extremely expensive things.

Note: Change the starting line to "+mod PolarisDiplomacy". Savegames are kept compatible as only the name of the folder changed, not the actual name of the Mod, which still is "Diplomacy Mod"

I will most likely start working on a "real" mod soon, that actually changes some things instead of mainly doing workarounds for things that in my opinion should have been that way in the first place.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment