logo amplifiers simplified

Planet Rotating On It's Side

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 6, 2013, 10:55:16 PM
Barmat wrote:
Hi guys,

sorry i took a long time to answer,

i've tried to find a "modding" solution for this Planet Rotation issue, but it seems to come from the importer.

i don't understand how we could have missed this... it can clearly be considered as a bug! and i've just reported it on our Bug Tracking database!!

i hope we'll be able to fix this quicklysmiley: smile

Barmat

AHHH! Thank you soo much! Glad we weren't going crazy and it's a bug! smiley: smile Thanks for putting in for a fix for us!

You wouldn't happen to know if there's a way we can use custom luminosity maps would u? I tried adding _ilum textures but it did not work, and using the lava planet prefab locks in the default lava planet luminosity textures.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 12:32:06 PM
4 currently, not many more. Maybe 5 or 6 total. They're rare, ~80% of planets are still default ones. Plasma planets are incredibly rare, no more than 2-3 on a medium map, and worth going to war over.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 9:09:17 PM
LogicSequence wrote:
Thanks, and me too, me too. smiley: smile

Also try writing on her (Steph'nie) wall. It worked for me.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 10:21:04 PM
Nasarog wrote:
Also try writing on her (Steph'nie) wall. It worked for me.

If i don't hear from anyone in a few days (i've tried Steph, meedoc and pikou) i'll try posting on her wall.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 5, 2013, 1:05:02 AM
LogicSequence wrote:
If i don't hear from anyone in a few days (i've tried Steph, meedoc and pikou) i'll try posting on her wall.
Yea, give them some time. They do answer it, and believe me, they are much better about it than most developers.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 5, 2013, 3:33:23 PM
Nasarog wrote:
Yea, give them some time. They do answer it, and believe me, they are much better about it than most developers.

Yeah, they eventually get around to answer, it's just they have a really busy schedule and can't spend much time reading everything we send their way.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 6, 2013, 4:29:04 PM
Hi guys,

sorry i took a long time to answer,

i've tried to find a "modding" solution for this Planet Rotation issue, but it seems to come from the importer.

i don't understand how we could have missed this... it can clearly be considered as a bug! and i've just reported it on our Bug Tracking database!!

i hope we'll be able to fix this quicklysmiley: smile

Barmat
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 7:53:11 AM
Yea, just frustrating reaching this stopping point. Done all the XML work i can, tied in all the improvements, anomolies, exploitations, all the stuff. But i can't do anything graphics wise if i can't see it in-game properly to see how it looks, and where i need to work on the textures.

I did try replacing one of the default planets by making an entry for it in index.xml, which works, but not surprisingly rotates incorrectly. So unfortunately you can't even replace an existing planet temporarily to see if your textures line up, look good, need blending, etc. And there's no way i know of to replace just the actual textures of a default planet themselves, without an xml entry, as far as i can tell.

Screenshots of the problem for those interested:

Default world, rotating correctly:

Custom World, rotating wrongly:

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 7, 2013, 4:30:34 PM
This bug's been up for a long time, and the wait's becoming painful. smiley: frown

How long do you think until it's next on the bug-squishing list? :/
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 9, 2013, 1:02:30 AM
I spoke to steph about it recently. Unfortunately she said it's very low priority. While she didn't say so directly, i took that to mean disharmony or, more likely, after disharmony. smiley: frown

And beleive me, it's been a very, very painful wait.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 10:38:34 AM
LogicSequence wrote:
Yea, just frustrating reaching this stopping point. Done all the XML work i can, tied in all the improvements, anomolies, exploitations, all the stuff. But i can't do anything graphics wise if i can't see it in-game properly to see how it looks, and where i need to work on the textures.

I did try replacing one of the default planets by making an entry for it in index.xml, which works, but not surprisingly rotates incorrectly. So unfortunately you can't even replace an existing planet temporarily to see if your textures line up, look good, need blending, etc. And there's no way i know of to replace just the actual textures of a default planet themselves, without an xml entry, as far as i can tell.

Screenshots of the problem for those interested:

Default world, rotating correctly:

Custom World, rotating wrongly:

Hi LogicSequence,

We will release a fix for this bug in the coming public patch.

Let us know if your mod works well after that.

Have a good day.

~Hef
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 11:42:25 AM
Hef wrote:
Hi LogicSequence,

We will release a fix for this bug in the coming public patch.

Let us know if your mod works well after that.

Have a good day.

~Hef

Great news!!! Talked with Pikou about it last week, very excited, and thank you! Were you, per chance, the programmer that wrote the fix?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 12:10:58 PM
LogicSequence wrote:
Great news!!! Talked with Pikou about it last week, very excited, and thank you! Were you, per chance, the programmer that wrote the fix?

Yes that would be me.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment