Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

MOD Uplift 2.0 launched

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 25, 2013, 10:34:44 AM
tirane wrote:
I caught some of the Kanten Amoeba problem and am working on Earthclan.

My question on the translation is that since the Vanilla is in the folder don't I have to go and delete all the vanilla that I used in my uplift file (in the translation folder)?

Hm...i'm not sure if i catch this...the vanilla file (Localization_Locales.xml ?) was from your distribution. I didn't touch it yet, as i thought it was from Amplitude and necessary. Made some testrounds while translating and the times i deleted the vanilla file, the mod didn't load. But i'm not sure if there wasn't a second issue beside that. So try it, but i guess you have to keep it.

If i have the leisure, i'll do the tooltip translation the next few days, but this is a huge ammount of work. Probably you like to give me a credit in your mod description, to wake my passion for?

Looking forward to see the hyperbureaucracy Hoon-Sailors ingame. smiley: cool

...well, i may have been contaminated with the 2nd Uplift series...anyhow the 1st series seem to be literary way more advanced...

Since intensively playing your mod, i started to re-read the whole series another wonderful time. Actually started with Sundiver.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 3:39:40 AM
MTB-Fritz wrote:
Sup Tirane,

I recently had to wipe my rack due to some compatibility problems. Re-installing all the stuff I remember I wanted to download your mod for one of my favourite games (ggg). Anyway I m a little confused here. Your thread has advertises Version 2.0 and the link is supposed to download version 4.2

Now when I download and unzip the mod it shows as version 1.01.01 - 00 within the game

Did I get the wrong link?

edit: I also only have the Zang as playable race

The Mod shopping mall only allows one page so I am linking to new mod which works with Disharmony version of game. That mod has to be placed in the Disharmony folder to work.

If you are still playing classic and need a link to the old mod here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1c2ndwgnuc9h2s2/Uplift.zip

However the new site with the new mod is here:

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16332-mod-uplift-d-new-site-compatable-with-disharmony
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 25, 2013, 6:25:07 AM
Sup Tirane,

I recently had to wipe my rack due to some compatibility problems. Re-installing all the stuff I remember I wanted to download your mod for one of my favourite games (ggg). Anyway I m a little confused here. Your thread has advertises Version 2.0 and the link is supposed to download version 4.2

Now when I download and unzip the mod it shows as version 1.01.01 - 00 within the game

Did I get the wrong link?

edit: I also only have the Zang as playable race
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 8, 2013, 11:43:05 PM
Bug found and repaired. German 6.0 added to new one folder upload.

Delete old version first.

enjoy
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 8, 2013, 4:59:37 PM
The HP for frigate and destroyer are also the same in vanilla. The destroyer has some more power for weapons systems.

I have been trying to fix the Jophur bug. They were in the Terran/Sheradyn slot and had to be moved to make room for Earthclan.

I still haven't found the bug.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 4, 2013, 6:40:11 PM
Fine, all is running. German localization works too. lol

First testing round:

Is it usual to have no scout hulls for the Jophur? It shows the frigate has the same HP as the destroyer hull. Yeah, different specialization, but i thought the frigate had lower HP and was cheaper to build...not sure...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 4, 2013, 4:48:50 AM
Is it possible that the picture problem is a simple typo?

I make them all the time, and is usually 90% of the problems with any program.

It's possible that a simple fire name could have changed, and so the reference changed its name in a strange way.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 4, 2013, 4:08:47 AM
I uploaded again after deleting German translation only to find that only 1 of the 3 parts was downloaded.

Save your german translation and delete the Uplift folder then download all 4 parts and place in new uplift folder. Add german back and enjoy.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 1, 2013, 11:55:04 PM
Don't know what might have broken the leader heads. Allready updated the localization file. Translation still works...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 1, 2013, 9:53:29 PM
Skukkuk wrote:
Sorry, but the last patch might have loosen the good base.

The leader heads aren't viewable and there is no description of the Terrans in the localization, so i'm going to edit the localization.

I just haven't gotten the translation updated since the last time. I put in your last translation but haven't translated the new material. You may want to hold off until it is more complete.

Sorry

See if you delete the German localization Uplift folder whether it runs or not.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 1, 2013, 3:03:30 AM
Uplift 4.0 launched

Earthclan makes the 8th playable faction. Some changes to movement/engine systems. Tandu and Jophur reworked.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 28, 2013, 8:56:23 AM
@tirane

As from my testrounds i could see that the naming is according to the UpLift.xml. So the vanilla file (Localization_Locales.xml) should only be used if something is missing in your modded file.

Besides, i started to translate the tooltips and explanations. For now i'm through.

Download-Link in THIS POST
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 28, 2013, 5:07:39 AM
What I meant was where the different folders in the translation refer to the same object.

For example in German Localization the Uplift file has these 2 lines for the Jophur(Horatio) Dreadnaught.

DOMINATOR

Rolle: DREADNAUGHT: 5CP

The vanilla file (Localization_Locales.xml) has these lines:

IMPERATOR

Rolle: Verschiedene

So my question is playing the Jophur are the dreadnaughts named Dominator or Imperator. If they are named Imperator then I might copy over the 2 lines in vanilla file (Localization_Locales.xml) with the lines from my uplift file.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 7, 2013, 4:46:50 AM
LINK TO UPLIFT D (COMPATABLE WITH DISHARMONY)

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16332-mod-uplift-d-new-site-compatable-with-disharmony

Version 4.2 with German 6.0

This Mod attempts to recreate the Uplift Universe of David Brin. It has 8 "new" races. Due to the hardcoding a lot of the standard races were perverted to my needs.

The Tech tree is changed for the better with improvements corresponding more to the tech discovered but this is still a work in progress.

The mod is now in one upload. Delete prior versions prior to uploading.

Simply unzip and place in Mod folder at User/Documents/Endless Space/Mods.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1c2ndwgnuc9h2s2/Uplift.zip
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 25, 2013, 5:12:39 AM
Skukkuk wrote:
@Cryptomancer

One of the best sci-fi series ever. I suggest to start with 'Brightness Reef', one out of 6 in a row...unless you manage to get a copy of 'Uplift War', which is very hard to find. Nevertheless i found it easier to read brightness reef as first story out of the series as it is a more easy way to catch up the background in my eyes.

@tirane

Thx the upload of the new version, Synthians testround running. A good idea would be to update your Index.xml so one could see what version to load.

Since German is my native, i re-viewed your machine translated localization.

Translation is about 90%, mostly i checked and updated the brandings and names.

Didn't touch the side-text of the explanations so far.

Bug notice: Found you might have mixed naming of the ships between Kanten and Amoeba ships....but i'm not sure, probably you aimed for other purpose.

EDIT:

Re-worked the entire updatebc.xml to be better understandable. So here is Version 2 of the German Localization.

To-Do:

Translation of the tooltips.

I caught some of the Kanten Amoeba problem and am working on Earthclan.

My question on the translation is that since the Vanilla is in the folder don't I have to go and delete all the vanilla that I used in my uplift file (in the translation folder)?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 25, 2013, 5:07:31 AM
Cryptomancer wrote:
At the very least -- besides the RPG-style pleasure of experiencing ES in another mythological environment -- your mod made me discover the Uplift universe, which (to my shame) I had never heard of.

After doing a quick research, I found these interesting webpages about Uplift :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uplift_(science_fiction)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uplift_Universe

And I ordered this book from Amazon : Contacting Aliens : An Illustrated Guide to David Brin's Uplift Universe (2002).

Thank you very much for the initiation.

You Found my hidden agenda so soon. I would start with Startide Rising. The second book of the first trilogy swept the Nebula and Hugo awards the same year. The third book the Uplift war is a great sequel. Then go back to Sundiver for the background and you have a whole other trilogy to play with.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 23, 2013, 4:44:34 PM
@Cryptomancer

One of the best sci-fi series ever. I suggest to start with 'Brightness Reef', one out of 6 in a row...unless you manage to get a copy of 'Uplift War', which is very hard to find. Nevertheless i found it easier to read brightness reef as first story out of the series as it is a more easy way to catch up the background in my eyes.

@tirane

Thx the upload of the new version, Synthians testround running. A good idea would be to update your Index.xml so one could see what version to load.

Since German is my native, i re-viewed your machine translated localization.

Translation is about 90%, mostly i checked and updated the brandings and names.

Didn't touch the side-text of the explanations so far.

Bug notice: Found you might have mixed naming of the ships between Kanten and Amoeba ships....but i'm not sure, probably you aimed for other purpose.

EDIT:

Complete. So here is Version 6 of the German Localization.

To-Do:

Watching for updates.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 23, 2013, 1:09:48 AM
At the very least -- besides the RPG-style pleasure of experiencing ES in another mythological environment -- your mod made me discover the Uplift universe, which (to my shame) I had never heard of.

After doing a quick research, I found these interesting webpages about Uplift :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uplift_(science_fiction)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uplift_Universe

And I ordered this book from Amazon : Contacting Aliens : An Illustrated Guide to David Brin's Uplift Universe (2002).

Thank you very much for the initiation.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 22, 2013, 9:46:19 PM
Actually playing in 'German' smiley: stickouttongue, i just copied the stuff from the English folder over. Should be no problem.

Allready made a German localization for the ImperiumAeternum mod, probably i could be of assistance. Just send me a notice.

Thx for the update, will test it soon. Have you updated the links for download?

Yeah, the Institution of Migration as upgraded Pirates would be nice. Hm...wondering if you could code in the story about the lost Progenitor fleet... That would defenetly bring lot's of flavor into the scene.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment