Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[WIP] "Fair Fight" combat re-balance mod.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 6, 2013, 11:43:45 AM
New version is up (1.33). This is mainly a fix update focussed on the AI. Slowed down AI expansion, tweaked parameters, set random events to occur after turn 50 instead of 20. AI should manage it's finances better this time around and not over extend, though i'm concerned it won't expand fast enough against good players. Only time will tell if this version beat the last one, AI wise. Enjoy!
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 7, 2013, 2:16:29 PM
The mod has made it's way to the STRATEGYINFORMER website. Now that i have done it, i think it's time i bother to make a proper readme describing what the mod is like. My mod changed a lot since i started it and i haven't kept track of all the changes i made besides what i put in my logs. I guess reading the logs (or the forum) isn't the best way to know what the mod is all about. So that mean i have to write down a proper readme... Much better at modding the code than writing readmes though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 7, 2013, 5:42:26 PM
Good luck with that Foraven. Maybe I can check it grammatically? I'm not a native English speaker but I noticed my Engrish is better then yours. smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 7, 2013, 5:54:30 PM
Hister wrote:
Good luck with that Foraven. Maybe I can check it grammatically? I'm not a native English speaker but I noticed my Engrish is better then yours. smiley: wink

English isn't a native language for me either smiley: stickouttongue.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 7, 2013, 6:46:50 PM
Well, here what's my new Readme Looks like (i'm open to suggestions if anything should be added in it):

[CODE]=Fair Fight mod for Endless Space=

OVERVIEW

This mod started as a combat mod that improved the dynamic between all the modules found on ships to make combat more interesting. Then combat cards and AI tweaks have been added and lots of other changes followed. The mod now cover most aspects of the game.

HOW TO INSTALL THIS MOD (or any other ES mod)

Assuming you downloaded a zip file containing the mod.

If not already existing, create a new folder called Modding in My Documents\Endless Space

Unzip the file’s content to My Documents\Endless Space\Modding

For Mac:

Use "~\Library\Application Support\Endless Space\Modding" instead

To have music (Too big to zip with the mod):

You need to copy your music folder (found in Steam\SteamApps\common\Endless Space\Public\Audio) in the FairFight directory.

WHAT THIS MOD DO (List may not be complete)

-Rebalance ship modules

-Add new Battlecards

-Rebalance Existing Battlecards

-Significantly improve AI (Ship designs, governors, colonization, battlecards choices, when to wage war etc)

-Rebalance system's and planet's improvements

-Change planets and anomalies text color.

-Rebalance Heroes abilities

-Add expansion limting mechanics (reworked expansion disaproval)

-Rebalance Pirates (More a nuisance than an invasion force now)

-Add new Elite modules (Improved but more expensive modules)

-Change blockade mechanics (No longer prevent research, reduce FIDS instead)

LOCALISATION SUPPORT (More will be added eventually)

English, French, German.[/CODE]
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 7, 2013, 7:56:07 PM
A bit better text below ain't it? smiley: wink

[CODE]=Fair Fight mod for Endless Space=

OVERVIEW

This mod started as a combat mod that improved the dynamic between all the modules found on ships to make combat more interesting. Combat cards and AI tweaks have been added later on and soon lots of other changes followed. The mod now covers most aspects of the game.

HOW TO INSTALL THIS MOD (or any other ES mod)

Assuming you downloaded a zip file containing the mod then do the following:

If it does not already exist create a new folder called Modding in "My Documents\Endless Space"

Unzip the file’s content to "My Documents\Endless Space\Modding"

For Mac:

Use "~\Library\Application Support\Endless Space\Modding" instead

In order to have music (by default it's not included in the mod because it's too big to be zipped with it):

You need to copy your music folder (found in Steam\SteamApps\common\Endless Space\Public\Audio) into the FairFight directory.

WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO (List may not be complete)

-Rebalances ship modules

-Adds new Battlecards

-Rebalances Existing Battlecards

-Significantly improves AI (Ship designs, governors, colonization, battlecards choices, when to wage war, etc.)

-Rebalances system's and planet's improvements

-Changes planets and anomalies text color.

-Rebalances Heroes abilities

-Adds expansion limiting mechanics (Reworked expansion disaproval)

-Rebalances Pirates (Now more of a nuisance rather than an invasion force)

-Adds new Elite modules for ships (They are better/more powerful then their siblings but are more expensive/harder to get)

-Changes blockade mechanics (Research is no longer prevened, instead FIDS are reduced)

LOCALISATION SUPPORT (More will be added eventually)

English, French, German.[/CODE]
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 7, 2013, 8:32:36 PM
Do you need to include, in your readme, reference to the colour change mods that you have included in yours?

Should you perhaps note the current version alongside WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO, and perhaps add a few notes about where you hope to take the mod in the future

I'll try and read over your text, and make any constructive comments - I'm a native English (well, Scottish....) speaker, for what it's worth

You guys have done a great job already

--Steaker--
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 8, 2013, 2:25:47 AM
Hister wrote:
A bit better text below ain't it? smiley: wink

Thanks. I used the reworked text in the Index as well since it's much better than what i have put there. That remind me i need to update the OP as well.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 8, 2013, 2:38:33 AM
Steaker wrote:
Do you need to include, in your readme, reference to the colour change mods that you have included in yours?

Done. It was already in the index and OP, just forgot to add it in the readme.

Should you perhaps note the current version alongside WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO, and perhaps add a few notes about where you hope to take the mod in the future

I don't know myself where i will take the mod. I get new inspirations all the time, and get some requests as well. To know what will be next is better found here in the forum.

I'll try and read over your text, and make any constructive comments - I'm a native English (well, Scottish....) speaker, for what it's worth

You guys have done a great job already

--Steaker--

I think it's not just a language issue. Writing documentation requires some know how or at least some sense on how it should be. It's really easy to fill a page with lots of details that makes little sense to somebody who hasn't seen/used the product. I don't have much skills at that, and i'm smart enough to realize it and let someone else do it when it's possible.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 8, 2013, 8:02:38 PM
So, anyone has anything to report about the latest version? Any bugs, quirks, comments about the incredible AI smiley: kitty?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 8, 2013, 8:51:21 PM
First of all, thanks a lot for all this work on modding ES. smiley: smile

Donwloading your mod now to play, but I came a doubt. Have here the ability to terraforming tiny planets into huge planets?

(sorry for any bad english. It's not my birth language...)
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 8, 2013, 9:35:40 PM
Foraven wrote:
So, anyone has anything to report about the latest version? Any bugs, quirks, comments about the incredible AI smiley: kitty?

Nothing untoward so far, being given a hell of a hard time by the Horatio - to be honest, I did not spot yet massive differences between the AI in 1.32 and 1.33.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 1:45:32 AM
Greyborea wrote:
Nothing untoward so far, being given a hell of a hard time by the Horatio - to be honest, I did not spot yet massive differences between the AI in 1.32 and 1.33.

Well, the biggest difference is the AI don't colonize new systems as much. Previous AI was too eager to spread and was going bankrupt in the process. This time around the AI should have better finance, thus be a better competitor.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 10:28:36 AM
Hi Foraven,

thanks for your great mod, i love it.

I played the newest version for some hours. Invading an enemy system takes very very long time (about 65 rounds, i have invasion moduls in my ships(A20 Kinetik), and the Ai also needs about 65 rounds to invade my systems), is this the way you want it?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 10:30:42 AM
ridculli wrote:
Hi Foraven,

thanks for your great mod, i love it.

I played the newest version for some hours. Invading an enemy system takes very very long time (about 65 rounds, i have invasion moduls in my ships(A20 Kinetik), and the Ai also needs about 65 rounds to invade my systems), is this the way you want it?

This is a bug, invasion should never take that long. Did you merge my mod with something else?

Edit: Or use an old savegame to try the mod out?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 11:45:49 AM
Just finished a game with 1.32. AIs started well, but faded, perhaps bankrupt. Hopefully your new version will sort this. Will try the new version tonight
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 11:51:01 AM
I have been working on the mod today and found out thiax mod features were never completed. For example lots of anomaly reduction descriptions have been created but never used in game (that was my main concern about including them as i would have had to translate them in 2 other languages). I could easily change that but i don't think it's worth the time. I'm not sure i want to include it as is either as i find 4 anomaly reduction tier to be a litte over the top (especially when it also improve beneficial anomalies as well). I guess i may just end up adding the tier 2 reduction the devs seem to have planed and use Thiax's tech requirements for them.

Edit: Scratch that. Tier 2 AR are meant to remove the negative anomalies, they offer no bonuses at all (that's what happen when one never actually played a game to the end game). I guess i am reconsidering what i wrote earlier... Argn, so much work smiley: sad. I hate when my modding start to feel like a chore rather than something i want to do smiley: frown.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 12:10:31 PM
Steaker wrote:
Just finished a game with 1.32. AIs started well, but faded, perhaps bankrupt. Hopefully your new version will sort this. Will try the new version tonight

Yeah, 1.32 (and earlier) had some issues with spreading too fast and hitting the DisApproval wall without quite getting around it (i had not adjusted the AI for that when i included my ES changes). Hopefully the 1.33 AI won't suffer from that.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment