Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[WIP] "Fair Fight" combat re-balance mod.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 1:26:42 PM
Great mod! I gave it a try few days ago after divorcing Imperium Aeterna mod, and Im not dissapointed. Of course it would be great to see some concepts from Aeterna mod being applied to Fair Fight, but I want to discuss something else now. First think you notice when comes to battle is a plenty of new cards. Obviously they give you much more options to counter enemy forces and send them to oblivion, but I think somethink is still missing. I still remember old good Master of orion, where in battle phase you could POINT specific target from enemy fleet to attack. Of course I dont think this easy to do (if possible at all, probably not) due to different game mechanics, but instead of this, is it possible to make some kind of focus fire battle cards, lets say on strongest and weakest units in enemy fleet? Anyway this is a great mod and thank you for that!
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 1:35:29 PM
olexym wrote:
Great mod! I gave it a try few days ago after divorcing Imperium Aeterna mod, and Im not dissapointed. Of course it would be great to see some concepts from Aeterna mod being applied to Fair Fight, but I want to discuss something else now. First think you notice when comes to battle is a plenty of new cards. Obviously they give you much more options to counter enemy forces and send them to oblivion, but I think somethink is still missing. I still remember old good Master of orion, where in battle phase you could POINT specific target from enemy fleet to attack. Of course I dont think this easy to do (if possible at all, probably not) due to different game mechanics, but instead of this, is it possible to make some kind of focus fire battle cards, lets say on strongest and weakest units in enemy fleet? Anyway this is a great mod and thank you for that!

Unfortunately, no, i can't alter target choice in current game version. But the expansion will provide all kind of game mechanic changes and i read targetting will be revamped. Might be possible then to make cards that alter target selection for the fleet.

Oh and thanks for the feedback smiley: smile.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 1:50:01 PM
Just played a game with this mod, first time with it (and second Endless Space game).

Noticed an error with buildings, "Wasteless supply chain" could be built in all systems, even in systems where it didn't actually give any kind of bonus if the tooltip for it isn't lying.

Also sometimes when researching new ship tech I received two modules with the same name with different stats. I don't know if this is intentional but the one that doesn't require special resources of them always requires a lot less time to build.

Edit: Oh, and this was with 1.33
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 4:17:26 PM
Anyone else notice the AI putting tons of Armour on their ships early in the game?

I can't actually say whether that's a good strategy or not, just that I noticed it. Corvette classes with defenses in the 10-20 range and then +600 HP from Armour.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 4:19:09 PM
I Think it's a good way of preventing players who quickly switch to energy or missile weapons from having a huge advantage.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 7:54:43 PM
Foraven wrote:
This is a bug, invasion should never take that long. Did you merge my mod with something else?

Edit: Or use an old savegame to try the mod out?

Tried your mod again, deleted the other mod i had, started new game, the same problem with invading (65 rounds).

Will wait for your newest version. Thanks.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 7:58:43 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
I Think it's a good way of preventing players who quickly switch to energy or missile weapons from having a huge advantage.

I tried to make the AI less reliant on switching weapons and defenses to be effective. Not sure how well that works, only feedback will tell if my AI's designs are more challenging than vanilla's ones.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 8:02:39 PM
ridculli wrote:
Tried your mod again, deleted the other mod i had, started new game, the same problem with invading (65 rounds).

It's not supposed to happen, at least it doesn't here on my computer. I did buff home system defenses though, they are twice as strong as normal systems. Outposts on other hand have really weak defenses and should fall rather easily unless there are defenses built there. How much defense the enemy system has?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 8:09:17 PM
Foraven wrote:
I tried to make the AI less reliant on switching weapons and defenses to be effective. Not sure how well that works, only feedback will tell if my AI's designs are more challenging than vanilla's ones.

It's a shame the AI can't copy the designs used by the player in game.

How many different designs can the AI be given? Could you give then hundreds of designs or is there a limit?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 8:22:39 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
It's a shame the AI can't copy the designs used by the player in game.

How many different designs can the AI be given? Could you give then hundreds of designs or is there a limit?

I can create tons of new designs, but it can only have a limited number of them active at any time. Currently the limit has been set to 18. The AI does switch between alternate variant of the same design (like put on a repair instead of a power module), but i have no way to set when it does switch (or if it will do it at all).

If you have ideas about designs the AI should use (or would be effective for specific races), post away. I can easily add new variants under the current templates i have set.

Edit: Most designs are using weights to define how much of each modules will be fitted in (don't factor in tonnage though). I can set it by number also, or put one and let the AI fill the rest. There are more possibilities than i have imagination to try them out smiley: stickouttongue.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 8:44:11 PM
Foraven can you please take a peek at my uplift mod as I want to see what you think about the tech tree and resource changes to date. I have done some changes to combat and would ask your permission to copy some of the battle cards you coined in the near future.

Thanks
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 9, 2013, 8:54:34 PM
tirane wrote:
Foraven can you please take a peek at my uplift mod as I want to see what you think about the tech tree and resource changes to date. I have done some changes to combat and would ask your permission to copy some of the battle cards you coined in the near future.

Thanks

Yeah, i can take a look. As for my cards i don't mind if you use them so long as you give credits for them. I haven't modded the tech tree much besides to fit my new modules/cards in, i also would like the tech tree to make sense but i haven't got the will to start the job. If you can fix it, it's me that may ask you to use your work smiley: smile.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 10, 2013, 2:57:01 AM
ridculli wrote:

Hum... I have been checking that out and it seems to me invasion takes a lot more time than it should. Even with a massive military power advantage it still takes many turns to conquer, though adding more ships does bring the number down relatively fast. I guess the numbers displayed aren't the ones used in the calculation; i must have changed something i don't remember right now, will check that out...
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 10, 2013, 4:26:57 AM
I'm currently reworking how invasion and invasion recovery works. For some reason it was taking way too long to conquer even when the invading fleets had a clear advantage over the defenders. I'm reworking this so invasions be more practical and makes more sense. Also, i'm tweaking control recovery time so how long it takes depend on the ratio of population vs defense; a colony with low defense recover it faster than one with high defense, and more population does the job faster. Made the lowest recovery rate at 5% and max at 25%.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 10, 2013, 5:20:26 AM
Strange, in my game I didn't have any problems with invasions with the latest version?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 10, 2013, 7:03:45 AM
April wrote:
Strange, in my game I didn't have any problems with invasions with the latest version?

Yeah, i know. Not sure if it's a bug or something i changed in a previous version. Anyway, my new system works well and makes invading a bit less of a pain.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 10, 2013, 8:09:03 PM
April wrote:
Also sometimes when researching new ship tech I received two modules with the same name with different stats. I don't know if this is intentional but the one that doesn't require special resources of them always requires a lot less time to build.

Edit: Oh, and this was with 1.33

2 modules exist - one normal one and one elite. That's WAD.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 11, 2013, 3:52:35 AM
Well, seem i still have work to do to ensure the AI don't bankrupt itself colonizing. My fix don't seem to always work, or it may not apply to colonizer ships as the AI still colonize shitty systems when it doesn't have the means to sustain them. Also, some races like the automatons expand way too much (they have lots of systems but they are broke).

Better than previous release, but still some way to go.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 11, 2013, 9:49:48 AM
Pirates are wiping my systems, they hit me with 2000mp fleets at turn 80 smiley: cry

They destroyed all my ships and capturing all my planets, omg
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment