Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[WIP] "Fair Fight" combat re-balance mod.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 29, 2013, 7:32:37 AM
So Steam canceled your access to the game, cuz you bought it using someone else credit card? Can't see a reason for this. What went wrong?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 3, 2013, 1:23:19 AM
I'm a newb to adding mods, but I downloaded and unzipped the folder into the Modding file. The game runs fine for the first few turns, but when I try to add an exploitation, I get a NullReferenceException error, and the game crashes. Can I get some help?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 3, 2013, 5:39:10 AM
Really looking forward to seeing this mod updated. From the changelog notes alone, what do you think you'll have to fix?

Also, are ship tonnages any different from vanilla Endless Space?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 4, 2013, 1:26:55 PM
nToxic wrote:
So Steam canceled your access to the game, cuz you bought it using someone else credit card? Can't see a reason for this. What went wrong?

Nah, it wasn't steam fault, but Visa. I was using my father's credit card (because at the time i had no other means to buy stuff online), but he got frauded (for a few months it seem). The problem is they included several of my purchases in the cashback, and my father stupidly spent the credit he received (even if i asked him not to because i suspected they had included some of my stuff in it). Now i'm screwed because i'm too broke to buy the stuff back and i can't trust my father to fix it (he keep saying visa will fix it, but i doubt they will while his card is capped and he has no money to clear it).

Last month has been terrible for me. About everything that could go wrong did and that credit card mess is just one of the crap i'm dealing with. The good news is now i can buy the stuff myself as my new bank account allow me to, the bad is it will take me a while before i can afford to buy back ES.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 4, 2013, 1:29:56 PM
spartan-1i8 wrote:
I'm a newb to adding mods, but I downloaded and unzipped the folder into the Modding file. The game runs fine for the first few turns, but when I try to add an exploitation, I get a NullReferenceException error, and the game crashes. Can I get some help?

Unfortunately, my mod hasn't been updated for more than a month, using it with the current version of the game is likely to make it crash. I can't update it right now as i no longer have the game (until i fix things with steam). Besides, the expansion change so many things that my mod will have to be rebuilt from scratch.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 4, 2013, 1:34:54 PM
Nanao-kun wrote:
Really looking forward to seeing this mod updated. From the changelog notes alone, what do you think you'll have to fix?

Also, are ship tonnages any different from vanilla Endless Space?

Well, the expansion change a lot of things and most likely i will have to rebuild the mod nearly from scratch. So even when i get back ES and buy the EXP, it will probably take me a while to make a new version of the mod.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 4, 2013, 3:24:14 PM
Foraven wrote:
Well, the expansion change a lot of things and most likely i will have to rebuild the mod nearly from scratch. So even when i get back ES and buy the EXP, it will probably take me a while to make a new version of the mod.

Aren't there going to be a whole bunch of patches coming in eventually for the expansion? I'd imagine that would make things difficult.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 5, 2013, 4:03:10 AM
Nanao-kun wrote:
Aren't there going to be a whole bunch of patches coming in eventually for the expansion? I'd imagine that would make things difficult.

Nah, normal patches are no biggies, all they do are minor changes and fixes. Expansions bring lots of new stuff, they are a lot more troubles when updating a mod.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 5, 2013, 5:53:06 AM
Foraven wrote:
Nah, normal patches are no biggies, all they do are minor changes and fixes. Expansions bring lots of new stuff, they are a lot more troubles when updating a mod.

I see. Good luck with this then!

By the way, how long would it take to update this for the current Classic version compared to the current Disharmony version? How hard would it be for me to go in and try to update this mod to work with the latest classic version myself?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 5, 2013, 1:44:44 PM
Nanao-kun wrote:
I see. Good luck with this then!

By the way, how long would it take to update this for the current Classic version compared to the current Disharmony version? How hard would it be for me to go in and try to update this mod to work with the latest classic version myself?

If i was doing it, i could do it in less than an hour, comparing changed files and deciding what i keep from either the new or the old files. The problem there is knowing what i changed and why; it is easy to undo the mod by updating stuff i meant to be different than the vanilla version.

If you want to attempt it, i suggest you get "Notepad ++", one of the add-on allow you to compare files and see what is different. What i do is look for files that have been changed since my last version of the mod and compare them with the modded ones. To save time, i copy them in the mod directory and keep both the new and the old to compare them, then delete the extra file when i'm finished merging the new code (what i want to keep at least). Having both files in the same dir allow me to know what i have to do, and when all the duplicate files are gone, i know i'm done.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 12:45:19 PM
I really hate steam. Already 2 months they locked my account and i can't fix the problem because i can't actually contact anyone. Every of my messages is answered with a pre-made answer most likely completely automated. So i am forced to wait another 2 weeks for the restrictions to lift themselves and i will have to buy my stuff again (unfortunately, i won't be able to get them back at the price i initially paid them).

I'm sorry for anyone waiting for an update to this mod.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 9:26:38 PM
Foraven wrote:
I really hate steam. Already 2 months they locked my account and i can't fix the problem because i can't actually contact anyone. Every of my messages is answered with a pre-made answer most likely completely automated. So i am forced to wait another 2 weeks for the restrictions to lift themselves and i will have to buy my stuff again (unfortunately, i won't be able to get them back at the price i initially paid them).

Whoa, what happened?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 10:15:51 PM
Foraven wrote:

Well, at least Endless Space is on sale.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 2:24:12 AM
They shouldn't be able to take all your games away, I've never heard of that. What happened?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 11:16:10 AM
I've been a member of Steam for almost 5 years, never heard anything like that. Actually, I'm really happy with their customer service.

Maybe you have done something that they don't approve?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 11:39:13 AM
stasik28 wrote:
They shouldn't be able to take all your games away, I've never heard of that. What happened?

Nah, not all my games, just those i got between January and Mai. It's a cashback issue, ie the credit card company refunded the games i bought because they thought it was a fraud. The problem is it wasn't my card (used my father's at the time) so i cannot deal with it myself. Only 2 weeks left before they lift the restrictions; that won't give me the games back, but at least i will be able to buy them again (and i have my own card now so this cannot happen again).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 21, 2013, 10:44:39 PM
What a shitty situation! Let us know when you are back on track - I only trust your mod.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 23, 2013, 1:28:07 PM
Hister wrote:
What a shitty situation! Let us know when you are back on track - I only trust your mod.

Yeah, painfully long situation at that. At least tomorrow i will be able to forget it ever happened. Just need to get the game back and i will start modding again smiley: smile.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 1:19:00 PM
I'm baaaaaaaack lol. Nah, my steam account is. Soon i will have my ES back and i will be able to see how much it has changed in 2 and half months. Will have a lot to catch back...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment