Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What kind of mods would you like to see in this game?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 21, 2012, 7:24:58 PM
I would like to see a very different mod than the general ones that have been mentioned above. A mod that allows you to actually see the weapons placed on the ship and as you upgrade the hull or shields you can physically see the new plates in a different hue or the shields where each connecting barrier piece that gets smaller, basically increasing the density of the shield by adding more connections. I'd like to see the mechanical aspects of the weapons moving and targeting on the other ship. I'd also like to see different portrait designs for each race, maybe male/female portraits. If i'm over stepping what can be done, my apologies. I'd really like to see some advancements in how the ships go from recognizably harmless to fully armed and extremely dangerous.

Also I'd like to see some smaller cargo ships to that move on their own accord between the Trade Routes so I know where i'm getting my bonuses from. Be nice to see small cargo ships in the space lanes carrying whatever to other planets. (Kinda lost when I try to play the game, so I have no idea which planets are getting bonuses half the time)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 8:17:21 AM
ah a mod for Legends of Galactic Heroes would be good, thou probably be hard to make.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 8:58:58 AM
Would be great to have "STATISTICS over TIME" panel in game or at least as a final screen. Something similar to "Sins of a Solar Empire" to review how you developed over time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 26, 2012, 7:29:23 AM
i love the idea because the mass effect races do have deep diplomatic stories
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 26, 2012, 11:12:02 AM
What I really want is a very detailed Map Editor. An Editor that allows you to place star systems where you want them, connected to

other star systems as you want them connected, choose which planets and how many go in each star system with your choice of planet type, anomoly and any other bonuses.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 10:44:16 AM
Hey there,

I've briefly skim-read the thread and there is a looot of stuff in there (among all the Star Wars, Star Trek, Space-based-universe mods).

Would it be possible for someone (a moderator? :kittysmiley: smile to compile the questions and improvements desired but only for modding purposes?. In other words, some sort of an improvement wishlist regrouping what modders would like to know is possible to do or not. Right now the info is a little bit scattered.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 2:46:21 PM
Thanks for replying here. There are two kinds of questions: (1) those to which the community already knows the answer, and (2) those which the community does not know and dev team replies are requested. It is hard to setup a thread which has only the first kind, and keep it that way. New modders will not know the difference. I will be happy to maintain a list of links to useful questions in the VIP forum, if you will be kind enough to respond to the questions in the public forum.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 3:26:38 PM
An RPG mod, where you set the galaxy, but then become a hero with a basic ship. You can offer your services to different factions, get gold for exploring, fighting pirates, etc. The gold buys better ships, and you can only build a ship as good as the technology of the faction you're getting the ship from. Basically, a sandbox RPG game. Leave options become an admiral, to invade a system yourself, and become your own faction.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 5:55:09 PM
Aerial_ace wrote:
As per usual for me a Star gate mod is a dream site tho i would love to see an Mass Effect mod that would be awesome

I second this.

I would LOVE to see a Stargate mod, but 90% of the time any attempt at a decent Stargate mod either drags on till the team gives up on it or it gets the axe.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 10:49:57 PM
i think if the game can have some how more than one galaxy ,, i didnt see any game did this before and i think this game had the readiness to do so with an interesting way
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 11:17:35 PM
These could be total conversion mods:

ethoril wrote:
A Battlefleet Gothic (WH40k) mod would make me abandon useless things like sleeping smiley: stickouttongue

Count me in.

mooneri wrote:
Babylon 5 mod!

YES!!!

Admiral_Tolwyn wrote:
Ascendancy.. ahhh the good old days

Oh yea. I still play it on my ipad sometimes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 31, 2012, 5:04:43 PM
1. an Override directory. Some sort override file structure which is common to most games of this nature. Objective: to allow us to override stock code with homegrown changes without having to replace stock files.

2. Open architecture. xml, files, images, sounds. broken down into individual files/folder directory. Objective: Allows for easy discovery and modification of code. (which after modified could then be placed into an override directory.) Hopefully this open structure would be expanded so that we could re-skin UI, change models, artwork, sound, music, as well as XML editing

just my .02 cp.

Outtie..
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 31, 2012, 7:48:42 PM
Abigail wrote:
This game is perfect for a Legend of the Galactic Heroes mod.

Let me go rampaging around as Yang.

This.

Except Yang didn't really rampage did he smiley: wink

As LOGH only really has two factions, any mod should probably add the FPA and GE in addition to the existing ones.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 4:29:28 AM
MOO2 total conversion with deeper tech tree would be nice or a better combat tech mod. 3 weapon and 3 armor type is a bit too limiting for my taste
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 2:50:12 PM
All mods are playable in MP. You must make sure each player has the same mod. The game does not check this (which is a bug).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 4:21:47 PM
I don't know if this is already in the suggestions:

I'd like to have the possibility to build my own AI with XML-based strategies. Meaning an xml-based script that's basically a flowchart for decisions to make. And it would be nice to have the option of watching a game between two of that AIs.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 2:10:01 PM
I would like to see a mod, which allows me to customize my home sistem (planets types, moons, amount of planets etc.)

(Maybe there is a mod like that?)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 3, 2012, 3:04:23 AM
I would like to mess around a little. A simple in-game On/off switch. When you turn it on, give access to all ship types (if possible) as well as an absurdly large boost to FIDS
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment