Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What kind of mods would you like to see in this game?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 5:35:31 AM
From what I've gathered from other moddable Space games the true cream of the crop mods focus on game balance and graphical enhancement first to attract the masses, and then once these basics are ironed out and a small community following is formed, new ship models are then made. Regardless, I'd like to see some crazy graphical enhancement mods first.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 4:31:45 AM
flipstar wrote:
From what I've gathered from other moddable Space games the true cream of the crop mods focus on game balance and graphical enhancement first to attract the masses, and then once these basics are ironed out and a small community following is formed, new ship models are then made. Regardless, I'd like to see some crazy graphical enhancement mods first.

I'd prefer gameplay changes/tweaks, such as an expanded tech tree, rather than graphical enhancements.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 2:42:26 PM
I would rather have a realism mod (weapon damage/accuracy etc.) maybe some space stations and of course a way to put custom races in like say Ponies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 3:26:09 PM
I'd really like to see a ES+ mod with a few more hull types, here are some ideas:

Carrier with a fighter-drone weapon type,

Stealth hull that takes a hit on tonnage for defense, but can't be detected until it attacks.

Spec Ops hull that fits a special invasion module that allows it to sabotage enemy infrastructure, assassinate heroes, stage coups, board and capture ships, that sort of thing.

I'd also like an extended tech tree that includes some large scale construction projects, things like Niven Rings and Dyson Spheres to fill out systems without a full planet load. They would be a huge undertaking that would cause a FIDS penalty to the system it's being built in and neighboring systems while it's being constructed, but it would be worth it once it's built.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 3:42:12 PM
I think the best mod for ES would be to make it possible to complete the conquest of the current galaxy and, at that time, be able to reach other galaxies. Rather than the conquest of a single galaxy being the endgame, a new expanse is opened allowing the game to continue. New tech and larger "intergalactic" sized ships become available for research that are able to span the void between galaxies. You will have your own galaxy to support the conquest of the next...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 5:40:40 PM
The game is good, but definitely needs more. So I'm hoping to see some mods that:

- Add a larger variety of ship designs. (ie. More then 1 look per class)

- Add a much larger variety of weapons, currently there's Kinetic, Beam, and Missile. What happened to Proton Torpedos(instant), Ion Cannons(destroys ship internals), Death Rays(kills crew members) (I know this isn't MOO2, but the different tech in that game did different things), we had Black Hole Guns, Destabilizers to prevent retreat. Interceptors. You could steal enemy ships. You could kill enemy Commanders too.

- Change Combat, the Rock/Paper/Scissors thing is cool with the Long/Medium/Melee range and all, but it's also silly. Why does every battle play exactly the same, every single one? Attackers chase Defenders from behind and slowly approach them. I think to EVE when, you might just wanna load up with Missiles and maybe NOT get any closer than Long Range, why don't ship engines play a role in combat speed? Why not on top of playing Battle Actions can we at least play a Method of Approach? For instance what I'm thinking, when you design a ship you give an additional property like "Try to stay at Long Range / Close in on enemy Fast" Ship engines could also play a role in evading enemy fire, as well as ship size. Harder to hit smaller ships, but obviously they don't hit as hard, right?

- More Races, larger customization. I noticed a cap of 65 points (but some races actually go over that cap?) Why not just remove the cap and add in a "Difficulty Warning" Below 20 points? Hard to play, Easy to play against, above 120 points? Easy to Play, Hard to Play against. Create your own challenges, we don't need a game to define them for us, trust me. Also an option to customize the race Portrait/Hologram/Affinity further.

- Graphical changes, I'd like to see combat look different, a lot different. The Sizes of ships needs to be adjusted to me, maybe even their stats too. A Dreadnaught is only so much bigger than a Corvette, I'd imagine it being incredibly larger but oh well. On that note, I'd say tripple the command points, let Dreads be incredibly powerful but require much more command points. See some actual real interesting space battles. It'd be nice to see small interceptors surround enemy battle ships and fighting it out while bombers try to bomb the ships.

- Ship size needs to play a role in combat, as well as weapon sizes. Want dreadnaught class lasers? Well good luck hitting those interceptors with them, but you'll definitely wreck a Battleship.

These are some things I think if were just added to the game, or modded in would add a lot more strategical depth. Would definitely make this game #1 for me :P

Edit: Also, Espionage, where's the Espionage and Sabotage? I loved playing the Darlok
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 5:57:20 PM
I ve been thinking about some the things you are mentioning in your post. Dont know if they are possible to be added later in the game as patch but if not a mod with those things you mention would be nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 8:56:57 AM
A Star Wars Mod

Endless Universe(Have the whole universe,after they fix the memory errors,so we can get up to 1000+ turns)

EVE Mod
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 8:08:41 AM
Hi all.

Some things that have crossed my mind...

I think you can do much in space combat.

I like the card playing approach as a last minute orders like an admiral choosing a formation or attack type defined previously (Anti fighter stance, slow approach for long range missile fire, fast approach to close combat and maybe ship boarding with marines or something)

But you should be able to give single ships (or maybe ship classes) in a fleet standing orders howto approach the enemy (fast to close range for heavy battleships, stay away for carriers/ missile heavy ships etc). You can set these orders when forming a fleet or later, but not in combat. Changing your formations that late could disarrange your fleet badly.

Weapon mods would be great - a light version of your beam weapons for anti fighter action and heavy beams against the big ships.

Armor piercing ammo for your guns.

An electronic warfare module for extra missile defense.

Special EW missiles to confuse your opponents missile defense.

Carrier ships with two or three different fighter types (anti-ship bombers and space superiority fighters)

Planetary (or system) defense installations like fighter bases, ground cannons.

What I really like to see are space stations for multiple purposes, to be build with a construction vessel.

You could add different modules to a space station to give you combat advantages, trading places to increase your trade routes, increase your influence, give you diplomatic bonuses etc. etc.

That could be one station per solar system, influencing the whole system but does not activly take part in combat or you could define it as a superdreadnought stationed permanently in the system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:46:15 PM
I'd like to see a mod that adds in the ability to choose where weapons are attached on ships (like the flanks, bottom, top, bow, stern etc)

If someone was able to add in different starting positions for fleets (rather than just always a little above and next to the enemy fleet), then a massive amount of tactics could be used.

Who knows? Maybe we can mount boarding pods on our ships and rush the enemy fleet from the rear.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:50:52 PM
Maybe a mod that lets you select what pirate ships look like? Pirates in the ES universe most likely take cast-offs, why not make a mod to reflect that? Mix a Sophon deka with a Craver....whatever, or something.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 1:06:47 PM
The Perfect mod would be Babylon 5.

The clash between order and chaos, two powerful older races, the Vorlons and the Shadows.

This mod would be epic.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 9:10:23 PM
hi guys, I'm Darknono and I think I'll buy Endless Space in a few days. I would like know if in the futur, we can creat a mod or just an new nation with "Predators" and "Alien" ?

I think it's can be very interesting, "predators" used many technologies for arms, and we can removed techno research for the "aliens" and use them like infestation smiley: biggrin

What did you think about my Idea ?

amicaly Darknono35
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 11:43:36 PM
Id like to see what it would be like if the cravers were a little more bi-polar, giving them a 70% FIDS bonus for 15 turns, going into normal for 15 turns, then getting a -70% bonus.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 12:22:28 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Id like to see what it would be like if the cravers were a little more bi-polar, giving them a 70% FIDS bonus for 15 turns, going into normal for 15 turns, then getting a -70% bonus.

That seems possible, if you can change the xml files.

1. Make a backup copy of sharedassets17.asset

2. Open sharedassets17.asset in your favorite text editor

3. Search for PlanetQualityImproved; you will find this:

[code]

[/code]

4. Without changing the white space, change these numbers from 0.25 to 0.70

5. Just below, in the file, change the depleted values from -0.25 to -0.70

6. In the same file, search for PlanetLocustSteps; you will see:

[code]

0;40;60

PlanetQualityImproved;PlanetQualityDefault;PlanetQualityDepleted

[/code]

7. Change the string "0;40;60" to "0;15;30"

8. Save and enjoy.

Now if somebody could figure out how to convert their planets into asteroid belts after 100 turns, that would be really cool.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 3:24:18 AM
davea wrote:
That seems possible, if you can change the xml files.

1. Make a backup copy of sharedassets17.asset

2. Open sharedassets17.asset in your favorite text editor

3. Search for PlanetQualityImproved; you will find this:

[code]

[/code]

4. Without changing the white space, change these numbers from 0.25 to 0.70

5. Just below, in the file, change the depleted values from -0.25 to -0.70

6. In the same file, search for PlanetLocustSteps; you will see:

[code]

0;40;60

PlanetQualityImproved;PlanetQualityDefault;PlanetQualityDepleted

[/code]

7. Change the string "0;40;60" to "0;15;30"

8. Save and enjoy.

Now if somebody could figure out how to convert their planets into asteroid belts after 100 turns, that would be really cool.

That is absolutely fantastic! The newbie AI cravers are kinda kick-ass now...what have i done! XD
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment