Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Work In Progress] Endless Humanity Mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 7:54:39 AM
Russians and Eastern Europe returned to paganism? Wut?..

Otherwise, nice idea, but please, no swastikas
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 22, 2012, 1:31:34 PM
Did you consider some more "futuristic" government types? Don't know if you know the Roleplay Game "Eclpise Phase" but there you can find some of them. I would write them down, but don't have the PDF here.

What I remember:

Cyberdemocracie

Neofashism

Hypercorp Government

Also for Alien or special Types of Humans:

Hivemind

Collective Mind

(adding more when back home...)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 22, 2012, 3:01:05 PM
I am still working on the Indian description picture and their background, for the governments I already have some ideas of how it will be, but the idea of "neo"-governments could be interesting. Maybe as one of the last evolution of each government's type.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 22, 2012, 7:16:21 PM
Yes, with new technology comes new wisdom. And sure some new governmenttypes. I will add all the ideas from Eclipse Phase soon. And if you like some help with "governmenttypes" for Aliens I will try too add some. lol

And if someone is interested, here is the Link to the RPG: http://eclipsephase.com/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 22, 2012, 10:49:58 PM
Codename_Veers wrote:
Yes, with new technology comes new wisdom. And sure some new governmenttypes. I will add all the ideas from Eclipse Phase soon. And if you like some help with "governmenttypes" for Aliens I will try too add some. lol

And if someone is interested, here is the Link to the RPG: http://eclipsephase.com/

Eclipse Phase is a very interesting universe, we should make a mod for ES based on it. would be awesome.

This and the Orion´s Arm Hard Sci Fi universe.

http://www.orionsarm.com/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 23, 2012, 10:03:29 AM
Madrox wrote:
Eclipse Phase is a very interesting universe, we should make a mod for ES based on it. would be awesome.

This and the Orion´s Arm Hard Sci Fi universe.

http://www.orionsarm.com/

Uh, sounds nice. But It is not that easy with Eclipse Phase as a mod, because it

a) sets a technologie as already reasearched that is a victorycondition in ES and

b) it has about 1 known Alienspecies and one (perhaps more) artificial faction of insane supercomputers (TITANS) and

c) it plays mostly in the Sol-System with just a few Exoplantes, reached via Pandorragates (like Stargates).

This way it proposes several issues to face, when making a mod with it. But your Link sounds interessting as well. I'm going to check it out....
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 23, 2012, 11:26:50 AM
Codename_Veers wrote:
Uh, sounds nice. But It is not that easy with Eclipse Phase as a mod, because it

a) sets a technologie as already reasearched that is a victorycondition in ES and

b) it has about 1 known Alienspecies and one (perhaps more) artificial faction of insane supercomputers (TITANS) and

c) it plays mostly in the Sol-System with just a few Exoplantes, reached via Pandorragates (like Stargates).

This way it proposes several issues to face, when making a mod with it. But your Link sounds interessting as well. I'm going to check it out....

Maybe impractical, but not impossible, a few adaptations and could be done...i think.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 23, 2012, 5:11:29 PM
Ok to admit, it's a bit trickier than I thought with the governments. It's more of a mix of many influences and interests and partly old government-styles and partly new as well as uniqe interests and religious/scientific/political opinions. It probably would be better to just read the political section of the Core-Rule-Book and let yourself influence this way if you like. The politic also relys heavily on the diffrent economy-types and history.

So new economies (like everything for everyone whenever needed) help with more free governmenttypes, while restricted economies force a more restrictive and absolute policy. Perhaps you should keep the economy in mind, when you build your government-types as well as religious aspects and history. (But I see you're already doing it right, so...)

Aliengovernments are a bit trickier:

Hisso and Sophon are easier:

Hisso probably could choose between dictatorships, fashism, rule of the strongest or a medieval japanese way of politics.

Sophons could choose a (cyber)democracy as well as a republic, or collective mind.

Craver are probably mostly hive-mind controlled, but could also form somekind of anarchy.

Amoebea could share collective interests in collective minds or follow their interests in peace and trade with democracies or hypercorp controlled republics.

Sowers do most liekly use no government-type per se, but be a collective mind (with indiviudal entities, sharing information) or hive mind (with one will, and no individuals)

Pilgrims, Horatio and UE would most likely have the usual kind of politics with more or less religious influence. Horatio and Pilgrims could adapt alien government-styles as well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 23, 2012, 5:25:09 PM
I think the Plgrims would choose something out of "benevolent" theocracy. D:
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 1, 2012, 8:50:47 PM
This mod looks very interesting! Don't forget to let us know when it is available for download. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 1, 2012, 9:49:57 PM
HumanSpacer wrote:
This mod looks very interesting! Don't forget to let us know when it is available for download. lol

Indeed, this looks to be fun with this mod smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 3:20:45 PM
Monphat wrote:
Russians and Eastern Europe returned to paganism? Wut?..

Otherwise, nice idea, but please, no swastikas

It is not because the symbol is used nowadays as reference to slavic paganism (or neo-paganism :/ ) that it refers to paganism. Nope... just to the pan-slavic movement.

And do not worry, the sadly historically flavored german swatika will never appear in my mod. Germany is part of the (European) Colonial Union and will never be an independant "4th Reich".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 4:00:26 PM
Sadi wrote:
It is not because the symbol is used nowadays as reference to slavic paganism (or neo-paganism :/ ) that it refers to paganism. Nope... just to the pan-slavic movement.

And do not worry, the sadly historically flavored german swatika will never appear in my mod. Germany is part of the (European) Colonial Union and will never be an independant "4th Reich".

Not that it would make much sense anyway.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 7, 2012, 12:15:28 PM
Some news:

The Indian faction where Moshka means deliverance (and I do not like the result of the descriptive picture):

I nerfed the Commonwealth:

And I gave a new trait to the Asian faction (but it is maybe overpowered):

0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 8:57:59 PM
Hello everyone !

I would like to present myself here as I just joined Sadi's Humanity mod team.

I will be more dedicated to 3d modelling.

I already obtained some results that I show you here :

Of course, this model do not have yet the final texture smiley: wink !

If you want to see more of my work, I would suggest you to look in the french topic of this mod : /#/endless-space/forum/42-русскии/thread/16858-projet-de-mod-endless-humanity-mod

Comments are of course welcome !
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 12:53:38 AM
Well just call the texture 'Horatio's special' for now! lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment