logo amplifiers simplified

[released] PimpMyGalaxy

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 11:11:35 PM
sdneidich wrote:
The install files are .exe

Is there a way to use them on Mac OS X?

you should extract/install that *.exe in windows (or virtual machine) and copy the files manually.

but i think this version doesn't work with the current ES.

i hope in next version there a version without installer.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 11:13:22 PM
This mod is no longer working on either PC or Mac. Sorry, but the original poster has left some time ago and there is no way to get it working again.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 1:39:52 AM
In Case anyone is attempting to play with this mod and gives up because the load times are taking super long, and you think its malfunctioning; I have a pretty hard core laptop with a Core I7, 32 GBs ram, and a 3 GB Geforce GTX 670m, and it took nearly 10 minutes for the Galactic size galaxy to load. So dont give up, it will work. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 24, 2012, 5:05:34 PM
sounds good, thanks for the share and have downloaded and will give it a go, i have already altered a few things myself, new faction and traits, altered heroes and ships, but as yet haven't touched anything else, so will revert back to saved files and give it a go smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 25, 2012, 3:05:36 AM
I get a NullReferenceException error whenever I try to start up a game when I use this mod. Picking Galactic scale, and using a custom race, though it still does it with the Hissho regardless. Haven't tried anything else yet.

Edit*

It gives me that error and freezes on any of your settings, with any race. Is it not compatible with the current version of the game?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 25, 2012, 9:33:42 AM
Zaelers wrote:
... Is it not compatible with the current version of the game?

Thanks for letting me know. smiley: approval

I found the error and will upload a new version within the hour.

Have Fun
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 25, 2012, 10:09:27 AM

Version 1.1 released

Fixed NullReferenceException error.

Before installing the new version you have to uninstall the old version first!

To uninstall the old version of the mod use the uninstaller that came packed with the download (PimpMyGalaxy_Uninstaller_v1.0.exe).

Alternatively you can use the Steam client. To do so open Steam and go to your "Library" -> right click "Endless Space" -> click "Properties" -> choose tab "Local Files" -> click "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache".

Known Issues

Under Windows 7 you get a messagebox stating that the mod did not install correctly. You can just ignore that and select that everything went fine.

Sorry, that the first released version didn't work for anybody except me. smiley: embarassement

Cudos to Zaelers who brought it up.

Have Fun
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 26, 2012, 1:29:45 AM
Nothing happens? It says it installed correctly but it is completely useless, no changes are made?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 26, 2012, 2:09:25 AM
I keep having the same error message when I try to install your mod. I've made a screenshot of it and I'm also using windows 7. The same message occurred when I attempted to install version 1.0
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 26, 2012, 8:01:15 AM
v1.1 worked for me. Make sure you don't have any of the mentioned files modified, by any other mod for example, or it won't (un)install.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 26, 2012, 9:05:42 AM
cavvy wrote:
I keep having the same error message when I try to install your mod. I've made a screenshot of it and I'm also using windows 7. The same message occurred when I attempted to install version 1.0

This mod is only working with the original vanilla version of Endless Space v1.09!

Make sure all files this mod wants to update are in the vanilla Endless Space v1.09 condition. To do so do the following:

Open Steam and go to your "Library" -> right click "Endless Space" -> click "Properties" -> choose tab "Local Files" -> click "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache". After that try to install PimpMyGalaxy again.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 24, 2012, 3:07:49 PM

Latest Version: v2.0

PimpMyGalaxy adds 3 additional galaxy sizes (Enormous, Gigantic and Galactic) and two new galaxy shapes (Barred Spiral and Ring) as well as changes the second green faction color to grey for better distinction.

This mod has been developed for Endless Space v1.09.

Use with other versions may cause mayhem! If a new game version is released I will try to update the mod as soon as possible.

This mod supports the languages English, French and German.

Before installing the new version you have to uninstall the old version first!

To uninstall the old version of the mod use the uninstaller that came packed with the download.

Alternatively you can use the Steam client. To do so open Steam and go to your "Library" -> right click "Endless Space" -> click "Properties" -> choose tab "Local Files" -> click "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache".

Download & Installation

To install the mod just download the archive, extract the contents and start the included installer.

Mod Functions

• 2 additional galaxy shapes (Barred Spiral and Ring)

These are experimental yet. I would like to get your feedback.

• 3 additional galaxy sizes

• Enormous

104 star systems scattered in a 128-parsec galaxy (generation time! ~ 1-3 min.)
    • Gigantic

128 star systems scattered in a 141-parsec galaxy (generation time! ~ 2-5 min.)
    • Galactic

160 star systems scattered in a 158-parsec galaxy (generation time! ~ 5-10 min.)

Be prepared that first time galaxy generation takes longer with these new bigger galaxies.

After that however, I found no slowdowns in the gameplay or when loading a savegame.

The generation times where measured on a computer with a AMD Phenom II X4 945 3 GHz processor. On smaller systems the generation times may be accordingly longer.

• One of the green faction colors has been changed to grey for better distinction.

Changelog

v1.0 - Initial Release

v1.1 - Fixed NullReferenceException error

v2.0 - 2 additional galaxy shapes and changed green color

Uninstall

To uninstall the mod use the uninstaller that came packed with the download.

Compatibility with other mods

This mod is not compatible with any mods that change the same files as this mod does.

This mod changes the files:

• Endless Space\Assets\Xml\GalaxyGenerator\GalaxyShapes.xml
  • Endless Space\Assets\Xml\GalaxyGenerator\GalaxySettings.xml
  • Endless Space\EndlessSpace_Data\sharedassets17.asset
  • Endless Space\EndlessSpace_Data\sharedassets2.asset
  • Endless Space\Public\Localization\english\Localization_Locales.xml
  • Endless Space\Public\Localization\french\Localization_Locales.xml
  • Endless Space\Public\Localization\german\Localization_Locales.xml

Known Issues

Under Windows 7 you get a messagebox stating that the mod did not install correctly. You can just ignore that and select that everything went fine.

Important

If you want to use this mod in Multiplayer all players must have the same version of this mod installed otherwise you will get weird effects or even crashes!

The content installed by this installer are not made by Amplitude and I am not affiliated with Amplitude. You install this mod at your own risk.

This mod will be extended with additional functions in the future.

Constructive feedback is always welcome.

Have Fun

Xiskio

Download & Installation

To install the mod just download the archive, extract the contents and start the included installer.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment