Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[released] PimpMyGalaxy

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 5:11:29 AM
It is highly likely the 1.0.9 mod will not work with 1.0.14. In general, you should not try to mix versions. The mod contains old files, which will replace new files. You are better off waiting till the author updates the mod.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 8:44:25 AM
Yeah can't try it out as the option is not available to choose the modded galaxy sizes with the new patch..
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 9:45:42 PM
Barred Spiral, Enormous, and Density set to high make a good combination. Please keep the experimental Barred Spiral feature.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 11:19:53 PM
Hi!

They change the folders structure. Is there a way to extract the mod files from the installer? I cant play without Gigantic!!! Thanks for the good work!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 11:20:55 PM
It will be really difficult for you to update this mod from 1.0.9 to 1.0.14. Please send a PM to the author and express your enthusiasm. Then he will hopefully perform the update.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 2:55:00 PM
Please also flood the OP's inbox with PM requests (one per customer please). It is too hard for anybody besides the author, to reverse-engineer a 1.0.9 mod. It will be much easier with 1.0.14+.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 8:38:42 PM
Actually it is quite easy to Do this Mod yourself, since Galaxy Generation xml files are quite self explained. But give the Author some time if you don't wan't to do that. He will Update i think ;D
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 10:31:41 PM
I guess the trick is to know when you are done. The OP may have made a number of changes, and it would be difficult to prove that you have found them all. If somebody is enthusiastic, they could try a "temporary port" from 1.0.9 to 1.0.14, and give the files to the OP to maintain.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 2:21:01 PM
Well, I think I MIGHT have a temporary replacement. I haven't been able to test it since it takes a ♥♥♥♥ing hour to load and then who knows how long to play. Let me know what you guys think. Even though I won't be updating this. I also changed the names of the bigger galaxy sizes. Galactic? Come on man, we have massive and supermassive blackholes, those are better size names than "galactic" for a galaxy (I'm just nitpicking/joking :P). I didn't do any other language localizations, so if anyone feels like taking a crack at that, go ahead I say.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z8kjcv4ve3a143a

To install this mod:

Extract the archive to My Documents\Endless Space\Modding (if the Modding folder doesn't exist, go ahead and create it).

To have this mod load automatically:

1: Open Steam

2: Click on Library

3: Right-click Endless Space

4: Click properties

5: Click Set Launch Options

6: Add the text (without quotation marks) "+mod BigGalaxies"

Use 7-zip for all your unzipping needs. Files edited using Serna Free 4.4.0.

By the way, here's what I listened to while embarking on this quest of mine to take the fun of Endless Space and doubling it:

0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 8:54:17 PM
Here is a really simple way to add the larger sizes that you can do yourself.

A. find ES in steamapps whereever you have steam installed

e.g C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space

B. Find the Galaxy Generator folder under Public\Plugins

ergo

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public\Plugins\Galaxy Generator

C. Open 'GalaxySettings.xml' with notepad (not wordpad or Word)

Search for 'GalaxySizeLarge' the sizes are about 15% of the way down

D. After 'Huge' and before the '' which closes the block insert the details for larger sizes. Below, I added Gigantic and Enormous in keeping with the original intent

1) I thought the original made for sparse(r) resources on the largest sizes, so you can tinker with the resource values if you want. I don't know what the OP used, but these seem proportional.

2) I also thought there was much more room betwixt systems in some sizes. This is likely the ratio of stars to Width. To make them closer together, use a slightly smaller width.

4) add Massive and SuperMassive with appropriate values if you want.

E. Save the file and dont touch anything else unless you know what you are doing.

F. In the Localization folder under Public open the language folder you use (ie "English") and open the Localization_Locales.xml file in notepad.

G. Search for GalaxySizeHuge again (it is about 10% of the way down). Add the text title for the sizes you added:

Gigantic

104 star systems scattered in a 128-parsec galaxy

Enormous

128 star systems scattered in a 140-parsec galaxy

2 lines for each size, one is the title and one is the tooltip description. The parsecs is the width.

Save it and play!

This changes the ES files rather than installs a mod, so it will get undone when you get a patch. Just do it again.

"Merging"

To 'merge' 2 mods such as bigger galaxies and More Anomalies, there is one more step. More Anomalies installs a new GalaxySettings file so that the new anomalies are added to the galaxy when it is generated. This will be true for any mod that uses a custom settings file. So, we have to copy the new galaxy size info to that settings file as well:

In your My Documents folder\Endless Space\Modding\More-anomalies (for instance)

go to Plugins\Galaxy Generator. Open the GalaxySettings file and make the same changes as you did in the other. Copy and Paste if you like.

We also should resolve the title and description which was added:

Next, in the Localization folder under more-anomalies open the English folder and add the text for the name and description to the more-anomalies.xml file. (this part wasnt tested, but should work).

NOTE

This does not add the barred spiral and other new galaxy styles as the original one did and perhaps the new one from Truhan. It just makes bigger galaxies. And the larger ones take longer to create when you start a new game.

HTH
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 9:11:56 PM
^ This is literally all I did, except I included the original author's third galaxy size.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 4:20:36 AM
Looks great, I'll try this with today new patch for 1.0.14 and letcha know if I see any bugs.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 10:46:38 PM
Zutonix wrote:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public\Plugins\Galaxy Generator

C. Open 'GalaxySettings.xml' with notepad (not wordpad or Word)

Search for 'GalaxySizeLarge' the sizes are about 15% of the way down

HTH

:facepalm:

stupid user error ..........
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 22, 2012, 11:09:44 AM
Thanks for all your nice feedback! smiley: smile

My RL is currently very busy. However I will update this mod as soon as I find the time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 22, 2012, 2:21:41 PM
Xiskio wrote:
Thanks for all your nice feedback! smiley: smile

My RL is currently very busy. However I will update this mod as soon as I find the time.

Thanks for the update! If you can release the graphics files you added, separately outside the installer, that would be great. Since the installer is now completely unusable, we can't get to your interesting galaxy shapes anymore.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 3:54:58 PM
I absolutely love this mod. Since updating the game to the latest data it is of course no longer operational. I hope you get some time in your schedule to patch it up. After playing in 160 star systems, it's very difficult to play smaller.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment