[released] PimpMyGalaxy

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 11:00:00 PM

Version 2.0 released

NEW: 2 galaxy shapes: Barred Spiral and Ring

NEW: One of the green colors has been changed to grey for better distinction

Before installing the new version you have to uninstall the old version first!

To uninstall the old version of the mod use the uninstaller that came packed with the download.

Alternatively you can use the Steam client. To do so open Steam and go to your "Library" -> right click "Endless Space" -> click "Properties" -> choose tab "Local Files" -> click "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache".

The two new galaxy shapes are experimental yet. I would like to get your feedback.

Have Fun
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 6:14:19 AM
Why is this mod uncompatible with other mods that edit the same files ? I thought that with an installer it will at least overwrite the files...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 9:26:52 AM
Since I Installed Your galaxies I play only them is singleplayer. great job and hope to see more (and maybe alternative for yellow/brown colors). two things, could you relase version without installer, and is there any way to make the center nebula image less bright and dense, for example, so one can see better those tiny real stars in max view(hope it is note hardcoded)?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 2:51:03 PM
NyanGiuu wrote:
Why is this mod uncompatible with other mods that edit the same files ? I thought that with an installer it will at least overwrite the files...
The reason for this is that the installer writes the changes I made for that mod directly into the original files instead of replacing them with copies. I did it that way first off because I did not want to provide files with my mod that could create a copyright issue and further because one of the files I changed is 200MB big and I did not want to upload such a big file. This technique of course only works if the files that the installer writes to are exactly the same as the ones I had the changes implemented into.

pinoangel wrote:
Since I Installed Your galaxies I play only them is singleplayer. great job and hope to see more (and maybe alternative for yellow/brown colors). two things, could you relase version without installer, and is there any way to make the center nebula image less bright and dense, for example, so one can see better those tiny real stars in max view(hope it is note hardcoded)?
I am glad that you like em. Regarding a version without installer please read what I wrote in my answer to NyanGiuu above. Regarding the 3D stars and nebula overlay images my hands are more or less bound because as of now we can only use the ones that already came with the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 2:33:27 AM
Nice work dude and thanks for your suggestion it worked out. I installed the version 2 and I am ready to play. I will let you know how things went.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 11:22:12 AM
ok I get it. thanks. I saw Your post in community mod where was pointed that You have fix for ship names. How to use it with pimpgalaxy since both mods use the same files?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 3, 2012, 12:12:54 PM
The bigger galaxies are really good, but the amount of luxury ressources in this big galaxies are really low.

I think they dont growth with the galaxysize and i dont find any options for the amount of luxury ressources in the GalaxySettings.xml.

Has somebody any solution for this problem?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 4, 2012, 9:48:08 AM
kyrah wrote:
The bigger galaxies are really good, but the amount of luxury ressources in this big galaxies are really low.

I think they dont growth with the galaxysize and i dont find any options for the amount of luxury ressources in the GalaxySettings.xml.

Has somebody any solution for this problem?

Thanks for your feedback!

I will have a look and see if I can confirm what you found and if so I will fix it.

Have Fun
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 5, 2012, 9:07:00 AM
Hello first of all I use an automatic translator, the mod supplies 3 size(format) of superior galaxy has that of the base(basis) it would be necessary to delete(eliminate) the multiplier of disapproval of expansion.

Ty for mod.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 8, 2012, 1:05:10 PM
I would just like to add my thanks for your work, I would not be able to play on anything smaller than Galactic now..
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment