Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[RELEASED] alternativ Galaxy Generator

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 11:31:09 PM
Seik2000 wrote:
Thanks for your answers, but we do not use an old save game, we started new games - all with the same result: very slow (>50 rounds) invasions even for outposts. Invasions without the MOD are fine.

There is probably something in that mod that is outdated that conflict with new code from the last patch then.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 23, 2013, 11:28:04 AM
Foraven wrote:
There is probably something in that mod that is outdated that conflict with new code from the last patch then.

I saw this issue using an old savegame after Steam updated my program to 1.0.65, but when I started a new game invasions worked normally.

In both games I was running other homegrown mods, and before starting the 1.0.65 game I updated those on fresh files from vanilla 1.0.65. If you were running other mods based on pre-1.0.65 files that could be the problem.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 23, 2013, 4:00:40 PM
No, we only use the Galaxy Generator. Hm, weird - don't understand it and no idea how fix this problem.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 3:44:47 PM
Okay, I think I've found the problem - one parameter is missing:

First tests are running fine - next test is multiplayer.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 2:48:39 AM
I'm trying to make it so strategic and luxury resources only appear as 2 or more per batch (so it's easier to make 4+ for AI and myself), but I haven't had much luck.

I found something for strategic resources:

Which I assume works, but strategic wasn't the important one, luxury is.

And there's no such thing for luxury.

There's this:

But values I tried didn't seem to do much.

Anyone have any insight?

Edit: I looked at the sourcecode, and the way it works is different, it places each resource individually, and (2) or (3) happens if it tries to place it on a planet that already has this resource, which increases the size instead.

So, I guess this is a Feature request: Please let us select minimum amount of each luxury resource.

(Alternatively, looking at the source for 0.4.0, if you added "selectedPlanet.resource.increaseSize();" after line 161 (so basically after placing a resource it would increase it's size by 1), and compiled that for me, that'd be all I need smiley: smile I'd be terribly grateful to you, Dagobert)

Edit2: Actually, after looking at the code again, I'm not convinced that would do the trick, it's too complicated for me. If you can think of a simple way to just make all luxury resources have at least (2), even if that doubles the total amount of that luxury resource in the galaxy, that'd be awesome.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 2:27:16 AM
I've had the long invasion problem too, in my last two games. I'm going to strip the Alt Galaxy Gen from my current mod and try again. :/
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 8:11:07 PM
stas_18 wrote:
very nice mod, but are the circles around your planets suposed to be distorted on big maps ?

the first thing I noticed besides drastic FPS decrease making everything choppy is that the detection radius circles around star systems are off center.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 8:13:33 PM
Ok, I stripped the Alt Galaxy Generator out of my mod and invasion is back to normal.

I'm thinking the last update or two broke the Galaxy Generator. smiley: frown

Has anyone tried a game with JUST the AltGalGen and no other mods? Is invasion problematic?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 16, 2013, 8:55:42 PM
clericus wrote:
Ok, I stripped the Alt Galaxy Generator out of my mod and invasion is back to normal.

I'm thinking the last update or two broke the Galaxy Generator. smiley: frown

Has anyone tried a game with JUST the AltGalGen and no other mods? Is invasion problematic?

See my posting above. There is a little error which can be easily fixed by yourself.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 2:43:40 AM
@Seik2000 Awesome! Thank you! I'll try it out on my next game! smiley: cool

I AM encountering one other small problem but I may just try to ferret it out myself. Deleting the ready-made ship templates generates an error but doesn't affect game-play. No biggie.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 4:32:30 AM
I love the mod for giving the right size Galaxy to play with but it adds to the "hard coded elements" for other mods in that I can't modify planet distribution types or anomalies when I run it as far as I know.

Is there a fix for us xml newbs?

thanks
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 3, 2013, 10:13:59 AM
I installed this mod, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've been trying to start a game with a five-armed spiral galaxy set to the biggest size (eternal?). After starting the game, the initial load screen comes up and just stays there. I've waited twenty minutes and the game just won't start. I'm still able to alt+tab out of the game, so it's not frozen per se. It just never stops loading. Anyone know why this is?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 5, 2013, 10:54:46 PM
Seik2000 wrote:
Okay, I think I've found the problem - one parameter is missing:

First tests are running fine - next test is multiplayer.

Ah sorry if this was posted earlier in this sub-forum, what which file are we supposed to edit?

I'm still running into this problem with new game post-patch, I usually get 66-67 turns to complete any invasion ( and size/strength of my ships doesn't impact this number much, if at all)..
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 7, 2013, 3:19:10 PM
Sechrima wrote:
I installed this mod, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've been trying to start a game with a five-armed spiral galaxy set to the biggest size (eternal?). After starting the game, the initial load screen comes up and just stays there. I've waited twenty minutes and the game just won't start. I'm still able to alt+tab out of the game, so it's not frozen per se. It just never stops loading. Anyone know why this is?

This is a problem with the game engine not being multi-threaded and has nothing to do with the mod. Use a smaller galaxy size.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 7, 2013, 3:21:58 PM
prassel wrote:
This is a problem with the game engine not being multi-threaded and has nothing to do with the mod. Use a smaller galaxy size.

Right, good to know. Thanks.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 7, 2013, 4:27:52 PM
filmay wrote:
Ah sorry if this was posted earlier in this sub-forum, what which file are we supposed to edit?

File: registry.xml

Look for:

0Send private message
11 years ago
May 8, 2013, 6:00:10 PM
Seik2000 wrote:
File: registry.xml

Look for:

Yes thanks, that worked perfectly.. even on my current game.. Invasion turn counter(s) went from 66 to 4...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 5:47:48 PM
Is it possible to make this mod compatible with Disharmony? :/
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment