Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[RELEASED] alternativ Galaxy Generator

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 9:12:45 PM
Hey

Put "alternativeGalaxyGenerator" mod folder on Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding (You may create the folder if not exist)

Look at the index file for your mod (Should be in the endless space/Disharmony/modding/modname/ directory, under the name of index.xml)

Open it, using notepad++ or another text editor and add the line "Disharmony" inside it, just beneath the MinimumRequiredGameVersion line

Go to the menu Mods, it should appear, load it.

It works for me. You can see it loaded on bottom left with his version number.

Enjoy
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 4:59:53 AM
Yes, it's gonna work, but you're using a way old version of galaxysettings.xml which doesn't have some anomalies and who knows what else since Disharmony has come out. Just FYI.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 6:47:48 AM
Absolutely you're right.

It's just a small workaround until an update arrives.

thk
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 8:12:24 AM
Yep, just wanted to make sure you knew that; and as you said, it does work fine if you're willing to set that aside. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 13, 2013, 9:44:09 PM
LogicSequence wrote:
Yep, just wanted to make sure you knew that; and as you said, it does work fine if you're willing to set that aside. smiley: smile

Yes, but what choice do we have for now, no one else has improved on the default map creation settings, right?

Even on huge settngs the galaxy map feels WAY too small and cramped for me... no room to explore, and even worse no real chance for tactical choices per *which* route you choose to attack your current target's empire from....

Dammit , a galaxy is suppose to look and feel BIG! (since no 4X space stategy game is advanced enough to plot a galaxy in 3 dimensions yet you have to over-compensate in the other 2)

ES to me can't deliver that at all, not on Huge map size at least...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 14, 2013, 12:02:51 PM
Exactly. Any galaxy generated in vanilla is too small. I love this game, but size of the universe should be much, much bigger. It should be even almost Endless!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 18, 2013, 3:35:46 AM
Small map sizes are my bane in 4x games, every single 4x I have ever played has had even the largest of vanilla maps feel too damn small, and the only reason I can come up with is the developers trying to cater to people with weak PCs who want to play on "big" maps, so they make the "big" maps small so the people with crummy PCs can think they are playing on a big map. Really hope this gets updated for Disharmony at some point, I miss my 500+ system maps.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 20, 2013, 2:27:47 AM
Is the author MIA? Can't someone else make a temporary update?

Or is it a very complex code and no one knows how?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 20, 2013, 11:33:29 AM
If after larger galaxy/star system count can modify the GalaxySettings.xml in the plugin folder ... I have up'd the Huge count to 160 and played fine so far, slow machines may have issues though. Commented in more detail in Jessies Mod and can provide more if anyone wants but is fairly clear what is driving the count in the xml.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 20, 2013, 2:13:07 PM
Now I know the Author is MIA, but I was wondering if anyone could help me here. I have combined this mod with another mod (JessiesMod) however when I generate a map something wierd happens.

The map generates just fine, however only about one in ten systems are actually named, the rest have have a label %StarName### (some random number)

Would any of you fine gentlemen be aware of a method to fix this, or point me out what I may have done wrong?

Also I noticed a severe lack of luxery/strategic resources, even when set to high, is there a way to increase the amount of resources?

Cheers

Dreadlord out
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 20, 2013, 4:03:10 PM
How many star systems are there on your map? The game doesn't allow two system to have the same name so if it runs out of name it'll start giving out %StarName### as names. If you want those to be filled with actual names you need to go into the localization file and manually add an entry for each new name. Search "%StarName" to see the star names that are already in the localization file and use it as template to create new ones.

Also, you may need to add new entries into "GalaxySettings.xml" in the "StarNames" section. Not sure if this step is necessary but its how the game does it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 20, 2013, 5:00:47 PM
Yes I'm using Jessie's mod still, with Alt. Galaxy inside, and I no longer have the %StarName### issue, just gotta copy the right XML files over, Endless Space\Disharmony\modding\alternativeGalaxyGenerator\Localization\english\Localization_Locales.xml is where the entries are from, I just don't remember where they got copied too inside Jessie's mod..?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 5, 2013, 7:24:47 AM
Just installed this mod to play some epic-scale matches and even tho I lowered my graphic setting to "good" (usually its "fantastic") I need more then 5 mins to create a 2048 system.......Anything I m missing regarding the settings?

Lag is also extreme and thats not under enemy AI calculation

edit: I tried out more matches and toned down graphic settings by a LOT....still getting massive lag while moving the screen, not really playable at the moment for me /sadface
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 10:44:56 AM
MTB-Fritz wrote:
Just installed this mod to play some epic-scale matches and even tho I lowered my graphic setting to "good" (usually its "fantastic") I need more then 5 mins to create a 2048 system.......Anything I m missing regarding the settings?

Lag is also extreme and thats not under enemy AI calculation

edit: I tried out more matches and toned down graphic settings by a LOT....still getting massive lag while moving the screen, not really playable at the moment for me /sadface

AFAIK that massive lag Problems come from the Fact that the Engine gets more and more overburdened with the Number of Star Systems, and, even more so, the number of Cosmic Strings generated. The Cosmic Strings between the Stars are the main performance-Killer, i had the Problem myself, using a System with 8 Gig RAM and 3,2 Ghz Quadcore and its still not enough.

The Only Solutions are:

- use smaller galaxies

- set the number of Cosmic Strings to low

I remember Playing on 512 Systems or so, and for me, that was more than enough.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 4:23:10 PM
no kidding, I already spent about 14 hours on a 512 system galaxy, am like 800 turns in and there are STILL neutral systems around. I ll probably get squished in the end because I was stacking my territory instead of keep expanding like the AI still does.....their scores already are impressive.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 19, 2013, 7:30:15 PM
What process would we need to go through in order to update the galaxy generator to use the new anomalies and any new planets from other mods? Is it as simple as swapping out a file or two or is it more complex than that?
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 11, 2013, 3:13:43 PM
first thing is i dont have Disharmony.

So i cant test things.

But i think i have a solution how you can get everything that is in Disharmony to your galaxy.

So here is where my mod gets its data from:

1. The endless space folder.

2. The folder alternativeGalaxyGenerator\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator\Mod\

3. alternativeGalaxyGenerator\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator\

i readed that there is a Folder called Disharmony in the endless space folder.

You could try to copy the data from Disharmony\GalaxyGenerator into alternativeGalaxyGenerator\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator\Mod\

That way my mod will use the right galaxysettings.xml so all the Planets, Anomalys and more.

But you have to do it everytime there is a patch.

This is also a thing you might need to do:

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16276-released-alternativ-galaxy-generator

The folder alternativeGalaxyGenerator\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator\Mod\ was originally designed so that you could combine this mod with another mod.

For this see the Modding section in the first post.

Did i mentioned that i don´t own Disharmony and cant test it?

Im sure there are enough people that want to test if i was right or wrong.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment