Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[RELEASED] alternativ Galaxy Generator

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 7, 2012, 5:38:08 PM
this works for the original galaxy generator.

this mod is using javascript.

you need to look at the galaxyshapes.xml and read the first post how to make new shapes:

but the post is outdated. you don´t need the generateLuxury and generateStrategic anymore.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 2:59:25 AM
Hi all.

Regarding galaxy generation.

I have installed the mod to the directory specified.and all loads ok through mod selection in-game.however it only creates the same galaxy shape every time no matter what i select hence (spiral,disk,etc)galaxy size does change ok.any help would be great.

Thanks
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 5:14:55 AM
make sure the folder isn´t write protected.

particular the file GalaxyConfiguration.xml is needed to write to.

Don´t know if the game throws an error for that.

edit:

in fact it does give an error if the file has write protection.

changing the galaxy shape works fine for me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 8:21:46 AM
Thanks for reply.Ok now the folder has full access and yet the only galaxy ever generated is disk shaped.no spiral or ovoid etc.So to make sure i am doing this correct can you confirm that for the mod to work all i need to do is install to the following Dir or am i missing something here.(my documents\Endless Space\Modding)

Win 7 64bit.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 10:20:29 AM
there is no ovoid Shape in this mod.

Look at the left bottom of the screen.

The first text should be the version of your game.

the next line should state that it is using the mod alternative galaxy generator.

if not you have to load the mod in the mod menu.

If the mod isn´t listed the mod isn´t installed right.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 10:33:19 AM
Yep game states running ver 1.0.27 with mod alternativ galaxy 0.3.1

pic of only galaxy generated
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 3:04:16 PM
You can't tell which shape the galaxy is from that. You have to zoom in so you can see the lines between the systems. The background is always the same no matter which shape you choose.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 7:47:00 PM
malal wrote:
[...] If only there was mod that allows to create larger fleets that AI can handlle and create [...]

Well it is possible, that's out of question. I'll look into it, maybe it is as easy as the Simulation Part.

But yeah, thats one thing that is definitley missing, epic AI battles smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 25, 2012, 2:35:28 AM
PS. I just compiled a list of over 2000 system and constellation names from EVE Online if you're interested. It should not be a problem to use them as this is a free mod.

And this mod works with v1.0.29
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 3:22:42 AM

i think it has something to do with the new "ambience" stuff

This game is so small without this mod it makes me not want to play without it!
galaxygen.zip
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 9:03:21 AM
The current ES version is 1.0.38 and we can be quite sure this mod will not work with it. The mod author has not posted in a few months, so unfortunately there is unlikely to be any update.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 8:45:20 AM
I wished someone updated this so we can have massive galaxies again. The vanilla games feels too small now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 12:45:59 AM
Abvex wrote:
I wished someone updated this so we can have massive galaxies again. The vanilla games feels too small now.

I did take a look at it for a bit earlier today but stopped when my head started to hurt so I put it down for now. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 1:53:02 AM
Here's how I make my own games enormous, but you're going to have to wait for some intense loading times as the game checks each warp lane for consistency.

[code]

[/code]

I edit the number of stars for Huge to 160 and width to 150.

This makes for a pretty uber-sized map. You can tell your game is still working and hasn't crashed in galaxy generation if the little "LOADING" message is still lightly flashing.

Also be careful of your galaxy settings:

[code]

[/code]

I play on High Density, so instead of 160 stars, I'm getting more like 239-240. I play with LOW connectivity in an attempt to curb the loading times where each individual warp lane is tested.

On such settings, my computer (which is no powerhouse) generally pumps out a fantastic sized galaxy in about 20 minutes or so.

On a side note, you can Alt-Tab and go surf the net while the game generates. You'll hear the little chime and music start playing when it loads. Or, at least, I do.

BACKUP YOUR FILES, btw.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 10:12:17 PM
Thanks for the help, it worked.

I have a questions regarding this method. It takes a bit to load so what if I load up some maps during downtime and save the seeds, so when I start a multi-player lobby with friends and I paste my seed, would it speed up the load time?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 8:34:12 AM
the seed is auto generated.

The Map is generated from the seed every time.

There is no cache for the Maps i belive.

So no speed up for that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 8:47:20 AM
Yeah I just tested it myself, no luck.

Has anyone had any luck with editing map width? I don't notice any difference in map size, just stars more densely packed together.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 9:44:57 AM
There are no changes to the galaxy generator made.

Means this generator works perfectly. It generates the Galaxy like always.

After it has finished its job, ES says:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (.TKey key) [0x00000] in :0

at Galaxy.GenerateWonders () [0x00000] in :0

Now the ball is back at Amplitude.

Which key in which dict? I can´t tell by this debug output.

I wanted to look at the forum for some infos which files have changed.

But there seems to be to many bots out.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment