Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Star Trek Universe - a Star Trek Mod

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 3, 2013, 6:14:32 AM
dangit, now you called it and I have to load up the game to check, just kidding hahaha, woulda done it anyway /grin

EndlessGenetics

Imperium Aeterna

Alternative Galaxy Generator

Anomaly Overhaul

Rise of the Endless (which is more of a compilation of mods)

All files were downloaded pre-disharmony and were not updated since
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 4, 2013, 9:34:33 AM
@dizzy_xc

I fixed that problem with "old" mods not loading a while ago and forgot......you know that with Disharmony there is a new modding folder under /EndlessSpace/Disharmony/ now? cuz I didnt get my new mods to run until I remembered. Maybe thats the reason the old ones dont run for you?
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 23, 2013, 11:14:17 AM
Haven't seen a update in a long time.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 28, 2013, 6:07:26 PM
i have installed it inzo the modding folder of the classic Version of Endless space and it works. I have the german steam version of the game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 30, 2013, 9:51:01 AM
What did you use to unzip the second file, I wasn’t able to open it with WINRAR or 7 zip?

I did get it installed with only the first file but found there was no growth on any of the planets for myself or the AI.

Cheers,

Laz3456
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 30, 2013, 9:21:34 PM
You have to move both files to the same directory then unzip it with 7z. I just right click the first one and unzip, and it automatically called the second one.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 12, 2013, 5:49:24 AM
Downloading this, hooray for more mods! Most of the reason I get strategy games is for the possibility of changing things up months after the game's been released. It's also why I like this whole still-in-development model going around. So yeah, I'll give this a shot and let you know how it goes!

what the hell is the plural of series in english?

It's just "series"; it's already sort of a plural in that it describes something which is always made up of many. English doesn't do well with plural plurals. 'Serieses' seems like it'd be most appropriate (given 'masses', 'citruses', 'circuses') but it just sounds.... weird. So yeah. The plural of series is series.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 7, 2013, 10:28:47 AM
I am surprised that people have posted here since I visited this last time. This is really pre-alpha, so actually nothing really worth playing. I left it because it might be of use to other mods making their own Star Trek mod.

I can just repeat myself: neither me nor my brother will update this if nothing crucial changes on ES. I am not really thinking on the modding capabilities here. I could live with making a mod that is restricted from the beginning on, even though it would cause some frustration. It's rather the game itself that I started to dislike that much that modding it or any other way of invest time into it, doesn't make any sense to me. I actually stopped playing after the last stable patch. From what I read about the beta patches, ES is going to be even worse in most points, so I have no hopes for it anymore. Meanwhile, the devs seem to be concerned rather with praising themselves instead on getting ES fixed. The most crucial point here is the way morale is done as it influences anything else in economics making decisions being pretty much russian roulette. Really, you can't know whether colonizing a system is good as you'll hardly now how it will influence your morale in 20 turns or so. Also, why there is a moral penalty for empire expansion? Actually, people should get even happier the larger the empire is as it should lead to proudness. Well, anyways. I know you guys will think different about this which leads me to another important point which I don't like about ES: the community. This is not really a friendly place, it's rather a community led by some type of elite that don't leave any space to people thinking different about ES. Really, start a thread about what is wrong with the game in your opinion and it won't take long that people will dis you. No wonder that this forum is full with praise as most people thinking differently either never started to or stopped to post here. It's the same elite that more or less controls the evolution of the game making it even less interesting to play for the rest of us. Well done, Amplitude, you've created a community based game, but having listened to only one group of us, you also created your own fan-boy community based on that elite of users that you like the most. No wonder that ES has taken the way of becoming a nerd game designed for players with too much time so they can handle that economy. Well, anyone gets the devs he deserves and any dev gets the community it deserves.

Lastly, I don't think that ES is mapping on Star Trek or vice versa too well. Most crucially: there is no espionage / sabotage system which is something I would have expected from Disharmony. This ways, it's hard to design Romulans, Cardassians and the Dominion as all of them have their strengths in this area. Also, designing the Borg (assimilation / capture ships) or 8472 is really well possible either. Next thing not matching here is the hero system. Really, it makes no sense that any hero can apply at any empire. Does it make sense that say Neelix is asking the Borg or 8472 for a job? Especially for the Borg this makes no sense at all as assimilating (hiring someone) would influence the whole collective, not only a single system or fleet. Cloaking is also not represented in any way. Just to name the really crucial things.

Having said all this, my opinion is that ES is in-deed better than any current 4x game out there, but that doesn't mean anything as all the others are really bad making ES a better, but not a good game. Nevertheless, I'd like to thank you guys that have posted here for your interest and support. What I have written above does not necessarily apply to everyone here, anyone should make his own decision whether my words describe him or not. My words weren't addressed at anyone special, they are rather meant to describe how things work here. Check civfanatics to see what a warm place is for modders, a place without people claiming the absolute truth for themselves.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 14, 2014, 4:02:11 PM
I downloaded but it will not let me open the second file that was needed to download saying it's damaged. so I can not run it. or am I doing something wrong much help needed. thank you
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 20, 2014, 5:16:21 AM
I'm working on a similar Mod and saw that ship models were part of this one. I think I've got the part of the modding that includes renaming stuff, changing heroes around, res etc down, but the Mod is crap without Trek ships. Could someone explain to me how to incorporate the models included in the Brothers Trek mod into my own? I can get the models to appear like this (Akira-class scout in bottom left corner):

...but I can't get them to show up in any other views. I'm not good at this stuff, can someone tell me which XML files I need to edit and what I need to put into them to get the ships to show up correctly in all views? Thank you in advance.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 25, 2014, 3:56:37 PM
I get that this mod is dead, but I still would have liked to play ES with Star Trek ships. Unfortunately the download links do not work anymore. Is there any chance someone still got the files or knows where to get them from?
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 2, 2015, 5:51:17 PM
Just wanted to point out that the links are NOT dead. Maybe they were when you guys tried to download them or maybe the links are not available from your location or with your browser (I use Firefox btw). Just don't expect too much from the mod.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 2, 2013, 5:39:25 AM
Impressive task of yours. Not the biggest Star Trek fan myself but I can admire the effort and time this must ve taken so far. Real shame you are not continuing on it. I agree with a previous post. Advertising this more actively.....use the steam Forums, youtube videos, post screenshots would help massively with the interest I m sure.

Many of the old ES mods are compatible with Disharmony btw even if they dont specifically state that. I have 5 mods installed on my machine, all pre-disharmony and all of em work for disharmony.

It sounds as if you are giving up on the devs and Endless space....shame really. As far as I m concerned I ll stick around and trust they will make it a better game as time goes by. Until then we have a "great" game which is more then many games out there can offer you at this point.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 11, 2013, 11:32:47 AM
To our knowledge, there is no Star Trek mod for Endless Space so far, so me and my brother have decided to change this. We set up a mod that adds 8 Star Trek races to ES including their ships and replaces the heroes with persons from the Star Trek universe.

Features

- 8 Star Trek races added: Federation, Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians, Ferengi, Dominion, Borg and Species 8472

- each race with complete set of ships and 2d art

- persons from the Star Trek universe replace the heroes from vanilla ES

- star names all taken from the Star Trek universe (from the Large Ultimate Dominion Mod for STar Trek Birth of the Federation)

- Latinum as ressource looking like dust-water but behaving like redsang (redsang now behaves like dust water while it keeps its look, dust water removed)

Known Problems:

... well, a lot:

- most important: make a backup of your customized races from vanilla ES or any mod as loading this mod will delete all customized races (to the devs: this is pretty much a bug, even if it might be intended behaviour and even if it might be okay to DEACTIVATE custom races for mods or new patches; the customized races are our data and no one else should touch it, especially not without any hint - this is malicious behaviour, so please fix this ASAP!)

- ships sizes don't match their counterpart from the series (what the hell is the plural of series in english?) - we could not fin any way of influencing this, at least not for the battles

- ships textures or entire models seem to be mirrored while being okay in Blender, see Federations colony ship

- texts and localizations are a mess (a lot of proper texts are missing etc, russian lacks the new star names as we are unable to give their correct writing in Cyrillic alphabet)

- engines shown inappropriate in battle, strange looking behaviour like drunken Borg effect

- a lot of Star Trek resources are still missing

- no Star Trek GUI (doesn't seem like font could be influenced at all)

- home systems are not renamed according to the actual race (for example, Cardassians don't get Cardassia etc)

- holograms for ships and on diplomacy screen could not be modded

- a lot of the actual traits behaviour seems to be hard-coded and thus can not be affected

- no Star Trek sounds

We can not correct most of these things as there doesn't seem to be any possibility of influencing these via modding, so we are highly dependent on the devs help. In other words, we reached pretty much a dead end as of now. We could and would include better localizations and ship art, but as of know we don't even feel motivated doing so because of the strong restriction in control through modding and the complicated way Amplitude did things (like, for example, a lot of implicit relationships between 'objects' like 'things' and their texts).

What we have / had in mind for this mod:

- Influencing leaders; my personal opinion is that leaders as done in ES is a mess: they are overpowered (they should influence the gameplay a bit, not controling it) and are boring (they are promoted exactly the same way again and again - there is no randomization). I personally would remove heroes entirely, the only reason why this didn't happen, is my brother.

- Boost population growth. As of now, only those systems that have a leader grow (and produce) normally (we are playing on normal speed) and to colonize in the late game, you'd either have to build and send a lot of colony ships (which appears silly and annoying to me) or build less with a lot of colonizing modules that may not match the actual planets size (annoying again). And even then, you'd still need to build a lot of things before you could actually do things on the system. Thus, we'd like to boost the food produced by the planets in general and provide additional buildings, especially something to convert production into food (like it is available for dust and research and similar to how housing worked in moo2). Thus, you could colonize and then buy a couple of production buildings, finally setting the production queue to 'housing' and wait a little.

- The fleet / refit system should be altered. As of know, I always set my tax rate to the lowest rate possible so that moral grows to boost food, research and industry to get a normal growth of my empire (my research is always slow, even in vanilla, I have the suspicion that this is a bug, so I'll reinstall ES soon to see if this helps). Thus, I never ever have money to refit my ships and even if I start to set my tax rate high to get some dust quickly, nothing else is going on anymore, including research. Even then, I need a lot of turns (say 20 or so), to have my fleets refitted. Then again I am behind my enemies in research making my fleets obsolete again. This leads to my opinion that refitting ships makes very limited sense as of now. This definately needs some changes, although we don't have clear ideas how to improve on this. Also, glass ships should be removed: they are silly and they are not Star Trek-like.

- We figured out that in late game, 1 generation in weapon techs makes a huge difference that could not be countered it seems. It is very frustrating to see that you played for hours and then loose within a few turns because you can not cause any scratch to your enemies ships. While it may be possible that we misdesign our ships, no one has the motivation to mess with it again at this point. We dream of a switch similar to how tax rate is done that influences the fleet sizes (so you get more weapons at least), but influences something else negatively (like higher maintanance cost, higher prodcution cost, higher refit cost, lower ship speed etc). The current fleet size system should remain the same, but should only influence the basic fleet size value.

etc etc

What we do as of now:

Considering the current situation, we don't feel motivated to continue this project (I am personally already tired from the years of modding civ4 and demotivated from the mess called civ5 and its modding). However, we would include new localizations made by other users or new ship or hero art. Also, should there be a bug, we'll take a look at it. Of course, anyone is free to fork from this mod making an own project out of it.

The links:

Mediafire limits filesize to 200MB, so I had to create two parts:

- http://www.mediafire.com/file/97qh5wlrm454wes/StarTrekUniverse.7z.001

- http://www.mediafire.com/file/ltfocu5zt7a1q48/StarTrekUniverse.7z.002

Credits:

Well, first of all, any rights on Star Trek belong to Paramount - just wanted to make this clear, so that I don't get problems with lawyers. Besides of that, we'd like to thank:

- The Star Trek Bridge COmmander modding community where we got our ships from.

- The Civ4 Star Trek modding scene, where we also might used some ships from.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment