Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

A Galaxy of Endless Diversity

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 15, 2013, 9:51:46 PM
Definitely waiting for this mod it looks awesome, great work ! smiley: approval

If you want send me the locals' xml and I can work on the french translation I have some free time.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 17, 2013, 12:06:40 PM
It's been a while now (2 Weeks ?) since the last information about the mod and im starting to wonder if it's still in development smiley: cry
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 17, 2013, 10:09:01 PM
Cataphract01 wrote:
It's been a while now (2 Weeks ?) since the last information about the mod and im starting to wonder if it's still in development smiley: cry

It is! Sorry i've been away guys, twas the end of summer and i was on holiday of sorts, but i am back now and starting back working on the mod. I hope to have a finished version up soon!

Everything is fine, fear not!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 18, 2013, 12:41:10 AM
LogicSequence wrote:
It is! Sorry i've been away guys, twas the end of summer and i was on holiday of sorts, but i am back now and starting back working on the mod. I hope to have a finished version up soon!

Great! It is good to hear something from you because i already feared you have abandoned this promising project smiley: smile Take your time, although i cant wait to get it smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 18, 2013, 9:13:49 PM
LogicSequence wrote:

I know what you mean, mine ends in 7 hours smiley: frown
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 25, 2013, 8:31:06 PM
Quick update, still working on finishing the descriptions, hope to get a beta version out to some friends for balance testing this week.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 1:18:58 AM
Is it too late to suck up to you with hopes of getting into the beta? smiley: wink

Almost four months of salivating over what is basically free DLC - totally worth it. You've probably earned another holiday and a job offer from Amplitude by now. :P
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 17, 2013, 2:47:46 PM
So, I figured that since LS is still busy testing the mod for release, it might be fun if we threw a few more ideas around that might be interesting in a future thread.

Endless wonder - The Janus Gate/The Juno Gate

This massive, free floating structure appears to have been designed as an alternative to mundane or warp based interstellar travel by connecting to its counterpart somewhere else in the galaxy, allowing for instantaneous travel. Bearing the hallmarks of the Concrete Endless, many scholars have wondered why more gates cannot be found in the galaxy. Given moderate evidence of some half-constructed gates here and there, nothing in as salvageable a condition as this gate, we can assume that the money just ran out as is wont with these big, flashy projects.

Two wonders connected together as a stargate. Once rebuilt at both ends, the systems are treated as being connected by wormhole. Relatively low cost to rebuild, giving the controlling player a way to get across the galaxy quickly before the ability to connect every single wormhole to each other is discovered. Small science bonus. Happiness bonus.

Planet - Oceanic cloud

This world is a statistical anomaly, less a planet and more a load of liquid spheres of unknown but harmless chemical composition. Kept together by a moderate force of gravity and a thin, barely stable atmosphere, the "planet" is surprisingly homely in regards to plant life, and fascination of living on such a strange world makes the supply of colonists readily available, although the novelty can wear off. Unfortunately, a lack of any solid surfaces means that it can be very hard to get anything done, requiring the technologies commonly associated with Gas Giants for colonisation.

No industry or science produced by this world. +10 food per population. +1 dust per population. -5 unhappiness penalty.

Negative modifier - The Doomsday Device

A leftover from the endless war, gargantuan towers can be found across the planet, with high energy projection arrays pointing down towards the surface. According to simulations, if these towers were to be activated the resultant magnetic field disruption would result in the planet's core "exploding", destroying most of the world in a tectonic display worthy of any disaster movie. For now, it is unclear how the device is activated, but all it would take is one wrong move...

No modifiers to industry, happiness etc, but has a random chance to suddenly terraform the planet into a shattered planet.

Neutral modifier - Silence

Absolutely nothing moves upon the planet's surface. This disturbing factor was noted by scientists on arrival, and it has become clear that the only living inhabitants on the planet are the people who settled there. Whilst this gives scientists a blank slate to work on some of the stranger theories of genetic manipulation, the desolate nature of the world weighs heavily on the inhabitants.

-10 happiness. +3 science. +2 food.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 27, 2013, 12:22:56 AM
Soo, No dev updates in two months?

Was really; REALLY looking forward to this, I'd gladly take a beta/alpha version of this mod rather than have it never be downloadable at all!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 1, 2013, 4:28:33 AM
You are going to get your wish! I have unfortunately had some real life issues that came up, along with certain employment opportunities, that kept me away for some time. I sincerely apologize for that. I am, at this very moment, in the process of making the beta version of the mod compatible with the latest release now (assuming it has changed since i last looked at the files), and will be releasing the beta version in the hopes of finishing it at a later date. I hope to have something up for you guys in a day or two.

Would anyone care to update me on what's new with ES versions now that i may not know about?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 1, 2013, 11:45:35 AM
Well we're all glad your back ( employment is always worth not modding smiley: stickouttongue) and a day or two sounds really promising.

Amplitude has released some game design documents (GDD) for DotE (Dungeon of the Endless), a new game they're making and have also announced Endless Legend. There is a patch for Disharmony coming out this month labeled The search for Auriga, the name of the planet both DotE and EL are on. That's just a quick rundown of what the devs have been up to recently.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 2, 2013, 4:52:46 AM
Compatibility with 1.1.17 seems to be done, just adding in costs for various things. When does the free expansion come out? Is there a set date?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment