Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Anomaly Overhaul

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 23, 2013, 8:56:49 AM
First of all, i really like This Mod! I am using the Combined Version, and i have 2 Questions:

When using the Planet Expansion, i always get +1smiley: stickouttongueopulation:, but the Description says Something of up to +6smiley: stickouttongueopulation: or +8smiley: stickouttongueopulation: on several Planet Types. Did i miss something or so ?

2.: In every game i get a CTD after some time of playing (by now it always appeared to be round 60-100) Loading the last savegame doesn't help, but the one before the last one appears to be working. Do you have any Ideas on that ?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 4:20:42 AM
I noticed no matter how many ships with invasion modules I brought in orbit it didn't change the number of turns to take the planet (something like 67)

I looked through your code and found a possible omission causing it in the TiaxPlanetDescription.xml file at line 22:

[CODE]

[/CODE]

I have yet to test it and don't know what files invasions are calculated in.

The combined mod is great. I was trying to move the anomalies myself and see you had some same problems getting them to show up in the boxes with the other improvements. It does make it hard to find them but perhaps more realistic as you stumble on fixes as you develop other tech.

If you see my prior posts I am challenged myself and am trying to get the Concrete Luxuries out of the Warfare tree and into the Diplomacy tree but can't seem to figure how to get the picture to show (of the luxuries)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 4:33:16 AM
tirane wrote:
If you see my prior posts I am challenged myself and am trying to get the Concrete Luxuries out of the Warfare tree and into the Diplomacy tree but can't seem to figure how to get the picture to show (of the luxuries)

I can say that this games has poor support for "patch on" mods. I ran into several issues with icons, Battlecards and Heroes Abilities where stock code had precedence on my modded one. The only (working) fix i found is to turn my mod into a Standalone mod. That way i get rid of all the merging oddities that happen when modded files are applied over the main game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 8:38:47 AM
This was not a fix. All colonies fall in 67 turns to invasion regardless of fleet size or defences.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 8:42:07 AM
Foraven wrote:
I can say that this games has poor support for "patch on" mods. I ran into several issues with icons, Battlecards and Heroes Abilities where stock code had precedence on my modded one. The only (working) fix i found is to turn my mod into a Standalone mod. That way i get rid of all the merging oddities that happen when modded files are applied over the main game.

Remind me again how to do stand alone mod. Do you copy all the files from the game into your mod file so that there is only one of each.

Wasn't there a command to look for other files?

This does not bode well for sharing any mods.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 1:39:30 PM
tirane wrote:
Remind me again how to do stand alone mod. Do you copy all the files from the game into your mod file so that there is only one of each.

Wasn't there a command to look for other files?

This does not bode well for sharing any mods.

You just need stuff in the public dir minus registry, movies, audio and localization. Yeah i didn't want to get there, but my mod changes are extensive and certain things didn't work because they were added on rather than read on first pass. If you change the content of each entries, there is no problems, but if you try to change ordering of this or some basic attributes stock code tend to take over. As for icons, just changing their names seem to fix it; so long as you use the stock game naming schemes you run the risk the stock icons will be loaded instead.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 2:19:00 PM
I found the error and it is in the Registry XML file at line 163 (compare with original file)

[CODE] 1[/CODE]

Needs to be added to the area looks like this:

[CODE]

[/CODE]
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 2:23:03 PM
Foraven wrote:
You just need stuff in the public dir minus registry, movies, audio and localization. Yeah i didn't want to get there, but my mod changes are extensive and certain things didn't work because they were added on rather than read on first pass. If you change the content of each entries, there is no problems, but if you try to change ordering of this or some basic attributes stock code tend to take over. As for icons, just changing their names seem to fix it; so long as you use the stock game naming schemes you run the risk the stock icons will be loaded instead.

So copy the whole files you want to change into your Mod folder. Have you been tempted to save the files to somewhere else and delete them just so they will not be there for the computer to find?. I know it would mean having to move the back to play the original game but...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 2:35:05 PM
tirane wrote:
So copy the whole files you want to change into your Mod folder. Have you been tempted to save the files to somewhere else and delete them just so they will not be there for the computer to find?. I know it would mean having to move the back to play the original game but...

Copying them over the stock game files would work, and we don't really need to backup them as steam can restore them. I just prefer not to as it would make keeping track of new updates changes harder (i check for dates and time whenever a new patch comes up). My mod is sufficiently large that making it standalone make sense; my mod isn't added on, other mods are added on it smiley: stickouttongue. For most mods out there, the "patch on" approach works just fine, it allow very small mods and you don't even need to use the whole content of the file in most cases.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 2:22:15 PM
Does the TiaxPlanetEXAnomalyOH + ImperiumAeterna contain the latest versions of each of these mods?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 5:43:21 PM
Sechrima wrote:
Does the TiaxPlanetEXAnomalyOH + ImperiumAeterna contain the latest versions of each of these mods?

The original modder hasn't shown up in quite a while, other people have made their own adaptation of this mod but nothing official. If you want it to work you either have to find someone who has made an update of it or do it yourself...

That remaind me i should take a look at this mod and include it in Fair Fight.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 4, 2013, 10:42:41 PM
Foraven wrote:
The original modder hasn't shown up in quite a while, other people have made their own adaptation of this mod but nothing official. If you want it to work you either have to find someone who has made an update of it or do it yourself...

That remaind me i should take a look at this mod and include it in Fair Fight.

This mod look great and I wonder if you have managed to merge it with your mod Fair Flight Foraven?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 18, 2013, 6:10:23 PM
I've semi-updated this for Disharmony for personal use. Some of the Military techs that unlocked reductions were removed, so I threw them onto the closest techs that unlocked the same modules.

As the Harmony have a completely different tech tree they'd need all the reductions attached to something new. Anyone have some bright ideas for where the reduction techs would fit into the Harmony? Based on their lore and playstyle, perhaps they should unlock dust (or everything but dust?) reductions much earlier than other factions.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 14, 2014, 11:21:50 PM
Was playing a bit of Endless Space lately and thinking about updating or making more anomalies at some point. I don't have Disharmony (most of the money goes to diapers nowadays), but at the very least I could tweak some of the current files, once I get back into the swing of it. Anyone still playing with these or variants of these?
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 17, 2014, 4:35:37 PM
I've got a "working" copy of the last mod changes I did to add them together (IA is still Imperium Aeterna, right?), but the planetsize increases do not work. I'm having to re-read all of my modding notes to remind myself how it all works since I haven't worked with the files in so long. It will be a little while, but I will work on updating the latest IA with the anomaly overhaul and try to correct planetsize expansion and pop it in there too.

I may also take a look at DreamSmith's update and see how it would apply to the vanilla game.

On a side note, I am hoping everything in EvilTactician's mod still works well in the latest updates to the game. It will take more time for me to learn how he did his edits to the rest of the game.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment