Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Imperium Aeterna

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Dec 7, 2015, 6:00:29 PM
ohhh it'll be just like old times ^_^ You design and code, I'll playtest and critique (and throw Amoebas out the airlock at passing Craver ships because....well, I think it's funny). While I might not know much about sound, I am somewhat good at designing icons. I drew up my youtube icon myself, and would be happy to help you however I could.

Also, that idea on heavy/medium/light weapons? THAT makes sense. The current weapons scheme is like Amplitude had a great design set up and then the phone rang.

"No! I don't want any new Gods, Vacuum Cleaners or insurance plans! Scram! *hangs up* Great...where was I? Oh right, long range kinetics"
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 7, 2015, 7:23:05 PM
Pondera wrote:
ohhh it'll be just like old times ^_^ You design and code, I'll playtest and critique (and throw Amoebas out the airlock at passing Craver ships because....well, I think it's funny). While I might not know much about sound, I am somewhat good at designing icons. I drew up my youtube icon myself, and would be happy to help you however I could.

Also, that idea on heavy/medium/light weapons? THAT makes sense. The current weapons scheme is like Amplitude had a great design set up and then the phone rang.

"No! I don't want any new Gods, Vacuum Cleaners or insurance plans! Scram! *hangs up* Great...where was I? Oh right, long range kinetics"

I've dropped you a PM to discuss smiley: smile

Totally agree on the weapon types as well, was the first thing that annoyed me and the first 'new' addition to the mod. That will DEFINITELY be in the 2.0 version as I'm 85% done with that feature.

The one thing that's slowing me down the most is testing things thoroughly (especially at very advanced stages of the game), so the first few new releases might be in public beta style, with the caveat that I don't consider them finished or polished work.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 11, 2015, 3:42:01 PM
Imperium Aeterna Version 2.0.0 for Endless Space Disharmony Version 1.1.58 has now been released.

You can find the download here:

Official Download Page

Whilst this is mainly an update of the existing mod to ensure that it works with Disharmony, there are also a few new features:

• Combat Overhaul - Removed Long/Medium/Short Range Weapon Types
  • Replaced with Heavy/Normal/Light and Rebalanced Combat
  • Added a few Tooltip Bug Fixes, as Vanilla contained a few bugs.

This took much more work than it may look initially, as evident by the fact a few people tried to update the mod or merge it into others and rarely fully succeeded.

There are a few more releases planned, though I can't promise any time frames right now.

Upcoming:

• More Weapon Levels, Re-introducing some Weapons from previous versions.
  • Expand the Warfare Tech Tree.
  • Further Combat and Game Balance.
  • A lot more custom icons (help appreciated!)
  • Localisation into other Languages, if anyone volunteers to do so for their language.
  • And maybe, if time and game limits permit, a yet to be revealed set of features including a backstory.

0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 12, 2015, 8:14:22 AM
Hi Evil

A while back, I made a set of planet-expansion terraformation icons for myself.

Feel free to use them if you deem them worthy (same for anyone else: use them.) Credit is not needed as this was a fairly simple edit, but would be appreciated.

Also, if you need any icons, I am fairly adept at paint.NET smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 12, 2015, 1:26:38 PM
bigbantha wrote:
Hi Evil

A while back, I made a set of planet-expansion terraformation icons for myself.

Feel free to use them if you deem them worthy (same for anyone else: use them.) Credit is not needed as this was a fairly simple edit, but would be appreciated.

Also, if you need any icons, I am fairly adept at paint.NET smiley: smile

Hi!

Thanks for this, as new icons for those were high on the list of to-do's. I'll happily implement your icons as they actually do a really nice job smiley: smile

If you're in the mood to do more, there are a number of other things as well:

• Possibly an update of the 'Orbitals' which the Mod adds in a new tree, especially the Dyson one which stands out a bit from the rest.
  • Weapons - though Pondera is also looking at this - but ideas welcome. I want to ensure that Heavy, Normal and Light variants have their own icon sets - for the moment to prevent clutter the 'Normal' variant icon is used in the tech tree, but when designing ships or any other screen where you see the weapons in your ship, the different icons will show - making it easier to recognize the weapons. This is the biggest job as there will be 45 different icons. 5 levels, 3 variants, 3 weapon types. (Kinetic/Missile/Laser - Heavy/Normal/Light - 5 Levels of each (in a future release))

I'll implement your icons and add the appropriate credit to the mod page smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 12, 2015, 9:13:28 PM
Sure! I just finished my rendition of the planet ring tech icon, and color corrected the trade hub's one too. Should I just post them here, or PM them to you?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 12, 2015, 11:36:31 PM
bigbantha wrote:
Sure! I just finished my rendition of the planet ring tech icon, and color corrected the trade hub's one too. Should I just post them here, or PM them to you?

I'll PM you my details, that may be easier :-)
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 13, 2015, 11:22:08 AM
Version 2.1.0 has been released.

Introducing:

• Tweaked Diplomatic AI to lessen the Frenzied and Illogical Aggression in Disharmony.
  • Overhauled Diplomatic Relationship progression and added 2 more relationship statuses.
  • New icons for Planet Expansion Terraformations, created by bigbantha.
  • New icons for Planet Creation, created by Cosmocrat.
  • Added Planet Colours to Tier V Planets (Gas Giants and Asteroids) for consistency.
  • Added Planet Colours to Xenotourism Agencies Tooltip for consistency.
  • Added Planet Colours to Deep Space Facility Tooltip for consistency.
  • Added Planet Colours to Colonization and Terraformation Tooltips.

0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 15, 2015, 10:40:18 PM

Version 2.2.0 has been released.

Introducing:

• Added Gaia Planets and Gaia Terraformation.
  • Added Unique Planet "Aeterna", with its own Wonder, Temple and Events.
  • Added 62 New Anomalies from Tiaximus' fantastic Anomaly Overhaul.
  • New icons for Orbital Technologies and their improvements, created by bigbantha.
  • Orbital Trade Hub bonus "+1 Population" changed to "+1 Trade Route".

A few teasers:

0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 16, 2015, 11:01:10 PM
HOTFIX 2.2.1 has been released.

Please update if you were using 2.2.0!

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed NullReferenceError with Colonized Aeterna.
  • Fixed Tolerant Trait Malus on Gaia Planets.
  • Fixed AI Parameters for New Technologies.

This is save game compatible with 2.2.0.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 18, 2015, 5:53:03 PM
HOTFIX 2.2.2 has been released.

Please update if you were using 2.2.0 or 2.2.1!

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed NullReferenceError when attempting inSystem colonization of Gaia planets.

This is save game compatible with 2.2.0 and 2.2.1.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 19, 2015, 2:52:41 PM
Want to help with the development, give input into its direction or help us with the concepts for the next releases?

Or just want to give your opinion?

Join the Imperium Aeterna development forum right here:

http://www.imperium-aeterna.co.uk/
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 29, 2015, 9:48:02 PM
Just trying it out for the first time and very excited smiley: biggrin

However, I'm seeing a couple of the new anomalies already, but cannot figure out how to reduce them? E.G. For several new anomalies I see on some of my planets, "Localized Quakes," "Toxic Geodes," and "Chronologic Dilation," I cannot figure out how I would 'reduce' them, as with the vanilla anomalies. I scrolled around the Science tree screen and didn't see them listed in any of the "Anomaly Reduction" upgrades (with the scissors icons), and searching for the keywords "Quakes," "Toxic," or "Dilation" yields no results either.

Are many of the new anomalies unable to be reduced, or am I missing some other way of reducing these anomalies?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 30, 2015, 11:43:14 AM
Xen0n wrote:

Are many of the new anomalies unable to be reduced, or am I missing some other way of reducing these anomalies?

There are four levels of reductions , all close to each other in the tech tree. Unfortunately there are so many anomalies that listing each would make the tooltips bigger than monitors can display.

They do however all unlock from those 4 technologies, some may just not be listed explicitly.

I'll consider adding placeholder tooltips to explain this more clearly on those techs as I agree its not entirely clear at first glance.

We do have a support, documentation and development forum now, you can find it here: www.imperium-aeterna.co.uk

Hope that helps!
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 30, 2015, 6:35:43 PM
Oh excellent, thanks for the info! As long as I know it's one of those 4, it shouldn't be too bad then, thanks. I assume that forum is the main place to post questions / possible glitches about the mod then?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 30, 2015, 9:57:07 PM
Xen0n wrote:
Oh excellent, thanks for the info! As long as I know it's one of those 4, it shouldn't be too bad then, thanks. I assume that forum is the main place to post questions / possible glitches about the mod then?

Definitely, though I will notice it here too. But when developing, those forums are checked so any new ideas and suggestions are better placed there.

It's also an opportunity to give opinions and input in development direction as the development topic for a release will contain some pre-release details and there is opportunity for tweaks. 2.3.0 is being worked on, but is like to take until Feb-Mar 2016. (Though it's hard to make any promises, this is the current aim.)
0Send private message
9 years ago
Feb 25, 2016, 5:31:21 PM
EvilTactician wrote:

• Combat Overhaul - Removed Long/Medium/Short Range Weapon Types
  • Replaced with Heavy/Normal/Light and Rebalanced Combat

Do you have a brief description on how Heavy/Normal/Light are different from Long/Medium/Short?

I have played two games with this mod, and in both, mid game, reached a point where the AI had ships that would take no damage. Nose-breaker would sometimes take one out. In my current game an AI keeps retreating, and missiles don't seem to hit. Switching to Lasers caused a little damage on retreating ships. (defense was evenly distributed on the AI in this case).
0Send private message
9 years ago
Mar 13, 2016, 2:52:58 AM
Would it be possible for someone to put together a Sandbox edition of Imperium Aternuna? I tried to do it myself, but ended up excluding the technology that would allow planets to increase in size. smiley: alder

EDIT: I figured it out. Using "Sandbox Rebooted", I dropped the simulation files into the proper folder of Imperium Aeterna, then edited the Index and Localization XP1 files. Here goes:

Index

Simulation/FactionTrait.xml

AI/DiplomaticAttitude.xml

AI/DiplomaticAttitudeModifier.xml

AI/Personality.xml

Simulation/EmpireTraitDescriptor.xml

Simulation/FactionTrait.xml

Simulation/Hull.xml

Simulation/IAAnomalyImprovement.xml

Simulation/IADefenseModule.xml

Simulation/IAEmpireImprovement.xml

Simulation/IAGui.xml

Simulation/IAMoonDescriptor.xml

Simulation/IAOrbital.xml

Simulation/IAPlanetColonization.xml

Simulation/IAStarSystemImprovement.xml

Simulation/IATerraformation.xml

Simulation/IAWeaponModule.xml

Simulation/EmpireTraitDescriptor.xml

Simulation/IAAnomalyDescriptor.xml

Simulation/IABattleDescriptor.xml

Simulation/IAMoonDescriptor.xml

Simulation/IAOrbitalDescriptor.xml

Simulation/IAPlanetDescriptor.xml

Simulation/IAPlanetInfrastructureDescriptor.xml

Simulation/IAShipDescriptor.xml

Simulation/IAStarSystemImprovementDescriptor.xml

Localization XP1 Locales (very bottom)

No one will starve even if there is no food.

How is that possible?!

We don't know.

Everyone is happy.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

More Food for Everyone, how cool is that?

No Space? No Problem.

With this Module you can fit up to 1.337 People into ONE Room.

After each Battle your Ship is instantly repaired.

Time to give some Mechanics a raise.

Sandbox Ships II - Scouting the whole Galxy in one Turn.

Always at your Service.

Because how do you dominate someone with 3 Ships, eh?

Your Ships can't support the Modules you need?

You obviously do not have Sandbox Ships IV

Just out of School and the Captain is already at the highest Rank.

That was quick.

If it helps People it should be free.

Your Military requires Money?

Since when do Heroes work for Money?

How can you be the superior Race if your Research takes forever?

Our Economy is so great, everything is free!

(This won't work in Real Life)

All Ships are Free!

Wohoo!

No more Money for you -.-

Just kidding, take this extra Cash!

Heroes arriving in Waves.

More Heroes, less Problems.

Turning Heroes into Super-Heroes since 2012.

I figured that I would pass along how I did it. In the post below this, a zipfile contains the modified files. Enjoy! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Mar 18, 2016, 10:19:22 PM
gecko67 wrote:
Do you have a brief description on how Heavy/Normal/Light are different from Long/Medium/Short?

I have played two games with this mod, and in both, mid game, reached a point where the AI had ships that would take no damage. Nose-breaker would sometimes take one out. In my current game an AI keeps retreating, and missiles don't seem to hit. Switching to Lasers caused a little damage on retreating ships. (defense was evenly distributed on the AI in this case).

The hull balancing isn't quite complete yet - and there could certainly be a point where the AI has stacked a ton of defensive modules.

The main culprit are repair modules, these can reach a point where you can pretty much out-repair your opponent. I haven't witnessed the AI do this to me, but I've certainly done it to the AI.

As for Long/Medium/Short, I think I posted something earlier in this thread. If not, shout again and I'll try post something next time I pop by.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment