Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Imperium Aeterna

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 3, 2013, 1:43:27 AM
pbxellos wrote:
PLEASE HELP!!!

i started playing endless space when it first came out for steam then i left it for a while now im back and see that there are some great looking mods for the game and i am having trouble running this. i have looked on the site

http://www.manapool.co.uk/endless-space-imperium-aeterna-mod/#downloads

and followed the dirctions on installing step by step and i redownloaded the latest ver. and it still will not work and i put in my steam load options, +mod ImperiumAeterna

please, any help is welcome i can also be contacted via steam, same username.

That's unfortunate, but the maker of this mod hasn't updated it for months now. The game had several versions since and even if you manage to load it, some parts of it may not work. You need someone who has the know how to update it (i could, but i'm busy with my own mod right now).
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 3, 2013, 1:03:03 PM
Foraven wrote:
That's unfortunate, but the maker of this mod hasn't updated it for months now. The game had several versions since and even if you manage to load it, some parts of it may not work. You need someone who has the know how to update it (i could, but i'm busy with my own mod right now).

how long would you be working on your own mod and is it for endless space, you see i only went back to endless space to try the mods out and non work. so i will most likely be going back to my other games, i could easiely wait for you to be done an update, if your willing to do it, if not no worries.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 3, 2013, 1:37:56 PM
pbxellos wrote:
how long would you be working on your own mod and is it for endless space, you see i only went back to endless space to try the mods out and non work. so i will most likely be going back to my other games, i could easiely wait for you to be done an update, if your willing to do it, if not no worries.

Well, my Mod is "Fair Fight" and i update it quite often. It's growing quite big and i have started to add some features from other mods as well. You should try it.

This mod has some interesting features, but keeping it up to date along my own mod may be too much work. Can't promise anything, i may take a look to see if i can quick fix it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 3, 2013, 2:10:29 PM
Foraven wrote:
Well, my Mod is "Fair Fight" and i update it quite often. It's growing quite big and i have started to add some features from other mods as well. You should try it.

This mod has some interesting features, but keeping it up to date along my own mod may be too much work. Can't promise anything, i may take a look to see if i can quick fix it.

i still have the same problem i do all the instructions and the mod ver. never even shows up under the endless space ver in the bottom left and in the mods part of the main menu only the vanilla ver. is show, i don't know why i have folled the instuctions to the letter. and i entered in the launch properties via a copy and paste from the name of the folder.

is there a video of installing a mod via windows 7 the must be something i am doing wrong of with my system options
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 1:07:17 AM
pbxellos wrote:
i still have the same problem i do all the instructions and the mod ver. never even shows up under the endless space ver in the bottom left and in the mods part of the main menu only the vanilla ver. is show, i don't know why i have folled the instuctions to the letter. and i entered in the launch properties via a copy and paste from the name of the folder.

is there a video of installing a mod via windows 7 the must be something i am doing wrong of with my system options

If the mod name and version doesn't show on the bottom left of the screen bellow game version, the mod has not loaded. There might be a typo in the name, a space where there should not be or the mod has been copied at the wrong place. Also, many mods work better if they are loaded by the steam launcher than swapped to in game; for example my own mod tend to crash if we load it from inside the game. I hope that help.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 12, 2013, 6:11:40 PM
If the mod is not appearing in the game's modding menu, my first guess is that you installed it to the wrong directory. I'm running windows vista, and I'm not 100% sure if its different in 7, but the directory I installed to is C:/Users/UserName/Documents/EndlessSpace/Modding

Double check that, and if that doesn't work, it sounds like there is a bigger problem at work here.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 18, 2013, 3:57:42 PM
I'm pleased to see there still is so much interest for my mod. I apologise for not updating it for a while now, but I've recently started a new job and have been crazy busy in real life. I've not played Endless Space much the past months - so I've not had a chance to look at all the changes that have happened to the game and how this would affect the mod. I'll try to look at this one of the coming weeks (I've got a lot going on the next few weeks) and then see if I can at least make the mod compatible with the latest version of Endless Space.

Again, my apologies and many thanks to all the people who contributed in various ways or used parts of the mod as a basis for their own work. As long as you provide credit - I'm happy enough that people find it useful/fun smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 20, 2013, 4:41:28 AM
EvilTactician, I hope you do well at your new job. I would really like to see an update, though.

I am currently working on a compilation of mods called Combo Pluss and your Imperium Aeterna is the heart of it!

Keep drudging through- I think ES could really benefit from another IA update!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 20, 2013, 8:12:04 AM
I'll do my best to make some time in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what kind of effect the expansion will have on the mod though - I might have to do some additional updates.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 26, 2013, 7:55:22 AM
Hey EvilTactician,

stumbled across your mod some weeks ago and grabbed it together with some others to "spice up" my gameplay. Sadly I m running into a few problems already reported by other posters in this thread. I went through all the posts beforehand to make sure there wasnt a solution posted already so here goes.

Running the 1.05. version, my games are usually large-huge galaxy size with 4-8 enemy AIs at normal difficulty (also tried at impossible and endless setting but theres basically no difference). Mostly playing a custom race but have tried existing ones too.

My observations:

- regardless of difficulty setting the expansion rate of the AI is INSANE compared to the vanilla game. I tried customizing my race to be expansion-strong and still cannot beat the AI on normal in the "grabbing" game. He also populates his systems really quick regardless of planet type and anomaly (it just looks to me as if the AI plays with endless difficulty modifications no matter what setting I use).

- pirate activity is pretty high on "normal" again compared to vanilla and once the pirate AI starts to use bigger ship types hes becoming a real threat

- enemy AI is using diplomatic options as usual but once declaring war doesnt build a fleet at all, I m usually first in military strength by turn 10 (3 scouts total) and stay that way throughout the game

- enemy AI is using planet upgrades accordingly and teraforms his planets too but simply ignores military tech or doesnt use ship designs correctly

The mod changes combat heavily and that makes it really interesting to me as the vanilla combat is kind of tedious for me. If I can do anything else to help you out on the problem lemme know (no modder myself sorry)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 26, 2013, 8:46:47 AM
Hrm how bizarre. We played this extensively (albeit on the most recent version of the game on which the mod actually ran, not the later versions of the game) and never saw such crazy expansion. I was usually ahead of the AI, though I do admit they're pretty efficient at expanding.

The fact that they sometimes don't build ships is what puzzles me. I am guessing that some fo the races prioritise certain buildings and might get 'stuck' trying to build some specific ones over ships. I'd have to do a thorough analysis to get to the bottom there - definitely something which has confused us for a long time now as it's not consistent and not everyone is experiencing it either. :-/

Unfortunately the game changed a fair bit since I last had an in-depth look, so bringing the mod up-to-date would require a bit of effort on my part. And that's before we even think of rebalancing it based on the new additions to the game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 27, 2013, 7:25:38 AM
EvilTactician wrote:
Hrm how bizarre. We played this extensively (albeit on the most recent version of the game on which the mod actually ran, not the later versions of the game) and never saw such crazy expansion. I was usually ahead of the AI, though I do admit they're pretty efficient at expanding.

The fact that they sometimes don't build ships is what puzzles me. I am guessing that some fo the races prioritise certain buildings and might get 'stuck' trying to build some specific ones over ships. I'd have to do a thorough analysis to get to the bottom there - definitely something which has confused us for a long time now as it's not consistent and not everyone is experiencing it either. :-/

Unfortunately the game changed a fair bit since I last had an in-depth look, so bringing the mod up-to-date would require a bit of effort on my part. And that's before we even think of rebalancing it based on the new additions to the game.

Its been a while but I believe I fixed the "AI no build bug" by deleting the Hull.xml from the mod and replacing it with the games original Hull.xml file....May be wrong as its been a few months since I made the change....

Works great now and love the mod...hope we get a disharmony update to it :P
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 26, 2014, 1:38:42 PM
Hey Guys,

i just started to Play Endless Space anbd i like it very much.

Now i want to try a few Mods. But i dont want change too much. So i thought about the Imperium Aeterna or maybe Ultima Ratio Mod. Can me tell someone if this Mods are still working fine with the newest Version 1.1.9?

Thanks

Tim
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 29, 2014, 9:59:26 PM
Jolly77 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Now i want to try a few Mods. But i dont want change too much. So i thought about the Imperium Aeterna or maybe Ultima Ratio Mod. Can me tell someone if this Mods are still working fine with the newest Version 1.1.9?

Thanks

Tim

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it. Radio silence from the maker.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 19, 2015, 3:42:01 AM
Jolly77 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Thanks

Tim

Not sure about JUST this mod, but the Ultima Ratio mod ( /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16350-ultima-ratio-mod ) contains all of this mod + more. It works with the current version of this game.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 5, 2015, 12:36:53 AM
I'm still alive - just haven't been around for a while due to real life commitments. (Ok, more than just a while...)

I've only started played Endless Space again last night, so bear with me while I re-orientate myself with the game and it's modding functionality as that has changed a fair bit from when I first made Imperium Aeterna.

I fully intend on updating the mod as I already spotted a few things in vanilla Disharmony I wasn't as happy with as last time I played with the mod active.

I'm not entirely sure how much work it's going to be to get this to work, never mind re-balancing, so please bear with me.

Edit: I've started to update the mod and am pretty far with finishing a Disharmony compatible version.

After that still testing and further balancing, a lot in the game has changed since version 1.5 of the mod..

I've taken out some obsolete modifications as the devs implemented a few things since then which doesn't make those necessary anymore.

Note: I am updating it for Disharmony, given that ES1 is now essentially finished as far as development goes, I encourage anyone who wants to play the mod to support Amplitude and buy the expansion. I will therefore not make a version for the 'Classic' version of the game. Version 2.0 and upwards will only work with the full game, including Disharmony.

v2.0 will be Imperium Aeterna ported to Disharmony.

v2.1 will introduce the first additional new features, tweaks and further balancing.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 7, 2015, 2:25:13 PM
Holy crap, Evil Tactician! I am, like, your biggest fan! Your mod was the first I played for ES, and ever since you vanished, I, among others, have tried to make it work for the new versions of the game.....with varying levels of success. I never could make the AI do what I wanted.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 7, 2015, 5:35:45 PM
Pondera wrote:
Holy crap, Evil Tactician! I am, like, your biggest fan! Your mod was the first I played for ES, and ever since you vanished, I, among others, have tried to make it work for the new versions of the game.....with varying levels of success. I never could make the AI do what I wanted.

Thanks!

In order to make it work for Disharmony, a lot had to be rewritten. I've made a huge start on this and am pretty close to a version suitable for public release.

That said, 2.0 mainly focuses on getting things to work and drops a few redundant features. 2.1 will expand on that with more balancing and I will reintroduce some top tier weapons from the original mod. (Disharmony only has 3 variants per damage type, and I will stick to that for 2.0 to not delay a working release. )

The AI can be pretty annoying to work with, to be honest the whole game is less modder friendly than others I've worked on, so I'm not surprised it's proven hard to port the mod.

I also found a fair few bugs in the vanilla code. I will strive to fix those in Imperium Aeterna releases too.

I have enough things in mind to release a few versions over the next few weeks/months. As always, balancing is hard as evident by how poor a job vanilla does at that.. But I want to get back to at least the same sort of enjoyment I had in classic with IA 1.5.

Any suggestions and feedback always welcome, though I'm limited to time, engine and nodding limitations and arbitrary mechanics of the game. smiley: wink

And my own limits, whilst I can code and crunch numbers - my design skills are limited. I always wanted to stick new models and combat animations in but that's a bit beyond my skills I'm afraid. For example, I wanted to make the MIRV missiles from IA 1.5 launch as a normal missile and split into multiple warheads after it had travelled 2/3 of the distance to its target.

I also wanted flak to only fire once missiles were in its range, with different modules having different range..

Or shields to act as real shields..

And so on. But the game doesn't really support that.

If anyone knows how to do custom weapon and defense fx, let me know. (or sounds?)

Or if anyone is great at art assets and wants to make some custom icons :-)

Also, localisation into other languages I'm happy to put into future versions. (once most features are done.)

TL;DR: Help, Testing and Input appreciated. I'll work on this mostly in weekends for the next few weeks with 2.0 expected soon. (Albeit that will be a very initial version without some features and subtle balancing I have on my further to-do list. )

As a spoiler/sneak preview: I'm replacing the whole silly long/medium/short range weapon nonsense with Heavy, Normal and Light variants which will be different. E.g. for missiles the light variants are the MIRV swarm missiles.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment