Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

RELEASE: A Galaxy of Endless Diversity

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
May 17, 2015, 3:36:26 PM
I have a pretty annoying bug on this mod.

I can't see all the research icons of this mod and can't see those pictures that show the planet's surface, and even the pics that show up during an event related to this mod.

Here's an example:

Moar:

pls halp. smiley: sad

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what's wrong. I didn't create a folder called by the mod's name and just dumped it's files to the Modding folder instead.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 17, 2015, 3:54:39 PM
Hello, your mod looks really cool and as much as I'd like to start using it, I encounter the same problem after each new installation.

All new textures are showing up as red question marks. (User Holt had a similar issue on page 6-7)

The folder structure is as it should be (Documents/Endless Space/Disharmony/Modding/AGalaxyOfEndlessDiversity), and no special letters in there. Also tried using multiple different unrar softwares to see if that helps fix it. Even tried to stuff the mod directly into the game files but nothing could get the textures to show up.

I assume it has something to do with the issue Knightz_ has as well, and I hope you can help me out because dayum does this mod look tasty.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 18, 2015, 8:37:08 AM
Hi,

I may contribute in a translation into french, but I don't know how to do it properly...

Is there any locale file to edit ?

Thanks in advance smiley: stickouttongue

[EDIT]

I was in a rush when I first wrote this post : found an xml Locale file : .\Localization\french\Localization_Locales.xml

I will start working on it as quick as I can !
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 23, 2015, 11:32:04 AM

Hi if there is no problem, I would start with a Spanish translation of your mod. Thanks in advance

PD: Amazing mod!

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Oct 12, 2015, 3:29:31 AM
I have a weird issue. all the new graphics for this mod show up as a question mark.

Only thing i can think could be causing the issue is I use Folder redirection to a network location. i already have an issue in endless space when saving or loading games takes about 10 seconds to show the saved games list.

its not the first game i have come across that has an issue with folder redirection in windows.

awesome mod btw
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 1, 2016, 4:41:40 AM
Not sure if the mod is compatible with Multiplayer. My friends and I just tried to start a multiplayer game, and it crashed the game twice for anyone that tried to start the multiplayer lobby. Is there a work around for this, or is it meant to be a single player mod?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Feb 15, 2016, 2:56:19 PM
Is this mod compatible with other mods, like Imperium Aeterna?

Damn. Every time I'm trying load AGED, Endless Space (1.1.58, with Disharmony) gets stuck at loading screen. Other mods works flawlessly. What should I do? I really want to try AGED.

UPDATE: actually, it does load, but it's painfully slow. Loading takes over 5 minutes, there is extreme lag after almost every action in game...
0Send private message
9 years ago
Mar 19, 2016, 3:35:05 AM
hi, i've just started modding the game. i tried your mod but i have a problem

i know i few people had the same problem but is there a solution? i tried reinstalling the game and the mod following the instructions. i verified game files. also, it the problem is not just unique to this mod. i've tried imperium aeterna first and it had the same problem.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 2, 2016, 11:31:53 AM
Hello, for those who get the "question mark problem", i found the solution after days of research.

I copy/past my post from the "endless mod" thread in september 2014

"Hi!

I'm back to announce that my problem is solved (remember the red question mark on the white font for every new graphic elements)

So, as i promised, i'm here to explain how to fix it.

It's quite simple, the only reason was my -user name- folder name which was called "propriétaire" (user/propriétaire/documents...). The fact is, when the game try to access to the mod content located on "my documents", it encounters "non-english" letters on the path like my "é" in "propriétaire". So if your user name folder is composed with any accent or cyrillic letter, you'll have the same problem than mine.

The solution is to change your user folder name, i found a very well explained tutorial here :

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...lder-name.html

Note that you can have the same problem with other games that use custom content by "my documents" path.

See you in space"
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 19, 2016, 4:47:40 AM
LogicSequence wrote:

Known Issues:

• Many descriptions missing (interested in writing them for me? Contact me!)

I had a crack at these this afternoon, just going off the ones in my current game. If they're satisfactory, let me know and I'll gladly do up the rest.

Transdimensional Electromagnetic Containment

Given the extreme benefits that may be gained by colonization of a Plasma world, it is hardly surprising that a great deal of time and money has been expended researching the terraformation process that could duplicate the environments of these fantastically rare planets. The vast majority of these efforts however have resulted in nothing more than ravaged planets and ruined careers. The key issue seemed to be that the titanic amounts of energy required to “jump-start” the process would inevitably rip a planet apart long before the plasma conversion process began. Only since the discovery of transdimensional physics has it been possible to “bleed off” the excess electromagnetic energy into parallel dimensions. The inhabitants of these dimensions, if they exist, doubtless will be negatively affected by huge quantities of energy being dumped into their reality, but that’s their problem.

Transdimensionally Shielded Habitats

Obviously the largest issue with settling a Plasma world is where to house the population. Settlements on Plasma worlds traditionally resemble vast military fortresses, with multiple lines of defensive walls, each of which is designed to filter out a particular wavelength of radiation. This obviously places a premium on space and reduces the total number of colonists that can be housed permanently on the world. What changed this was an adaptation of the same technology used to terraform planets into Plasma worlds. Just as the excess electromagnetic energy produced by the terraformation process can be dumped into parallel dimensions, so too can the traditional layers of radiation defences be replaced by a single dimensional portal no thicker than a sheet of paper. Where exactly the radiation then ends up is anyone’s guess, but it’s certainly going to be warmer there.

Plasma Transformation

Transforming a planet into a Plasma world has long been considered the “Holy Grail” of the terraformation sciences, not least because every attempt resulted in disaster. What finally turned decades of failure into at least a partial success was a realization that nature had to do a fair bit of the work already. The one process that works involves naturally occurring plasma storms being “super-charged” with exotic materials. This then triggers an ionic stripping of the planet’s surface which will, eventually, turn to pure plasma. This reaction however is poisoned by the presence of organic compounds, which, if present, effectively form a burnt crust around the exterior of the planet and prevent the ionic conversion. The removal of these compounds can be achieved in a variety of ways, but the most common method involves stripping the planet of air, water, and anything else that makes it remotely habitable.

Manufacturing Capitol

Once issues with material transportation are effectively dealt with, the relocation of specialized industries to centralized locations where resources from entire planetary empires can be pooled just makes sense.

Advanced Industrial Specialization

One of the biggest challenges presented by space colonization is the diffusion of traditional manufacturing. Transport costs between planets previously made the cost of shipping raw materials off-world prohibitively expensive, so production would be localized, generally on the same world where materials were produced. The development of planetary magnetic field manipulation changed this situation completely, allowing for raw materials to be sent into orbit in zero-gravity wells effectively for free. The construction of massive centralized industrial zones in suitable systems then becomes a logical, and economic, step.

Economic Capital

Early stellar empires tend to adopt economic models where local planetary markets function essentially independently. Although inefficient, this is really the only option available given that relativistic travel takes traditional economics and, to quote one economist “turns it on its head in four dimensions”. What is needed is a centralized market where relativistic calculations can be applied to all trading so as to ensure a positive net-flow balance. Although it sounds like nonsense, leading economists are all unanimous that it works.

Political Capital

The ability of a government to exert its political will on a distant colony is difficult enough when the colony is located on a separate continent. When it is located on a separate world, the response of the average government is to appoint a planetary governor who they believe they can trust and then hope that they can. One way to keep far-flung colonies at least nominally loyal is to expand the existing government department districts until they are the size of small cities. Although these bloated bureaucracies are a considerable drain on the local economy, they do ensure that everyone pays their taxes.

Rings of Urula

It is difficult to imagine the Endless building something purely for aesthetic reasons. However scientists are yet to come up with any other reason for the stunning array of lights that dance continuously across the skies above this world. Indeed, the very world itself seems to have been engineered to be nothing less than an ideal place to live in comfort and serenity. Perhaps it is simply that the Endless were once much more like us, and they appreciated a world of beauty no less than we do.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 29, 2016, 7:45:20 AM

Hi. I've downloaded the mod and enjoyed one game with it already. However, I edited my localization file to fill in the missing descriptions and noticed a small error that confused me for a while: In line 256 and 257, the Localization pair overrides the Title and Description of TempleGEM02 instead of correctly assigning them to TempleGEM03.

I'll also attach my localization file so you can have a look at the descriptions I filled in (English Only): Localization_Locales.xml

Oh, I have also the suspicion that the Eye of Eternity battle card effect might trigger even when the card hasn't been played. Since most of my battles haven't resulted in many losses, I haven't got much data on that however.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 6, 2016, 12:10:16 PM

Hello,

I was wondering how to mix this excellent mod with the Imperium Aeterna hulls and weapon system... I tried a few things but I'm a complete noob at modding and it didn't work.

I'd gladly have some help!

thanks

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 4, 2017, 1:56:32 AM

I also had a go at trying to merge the two working mods for disharmony.... 

I attempted to merge all the text and folders and change any *.xml that differed from one mod to the other. 

I failed this process. 

any idea why these two mods are so difficult to merge?

Tomorrow I will try and just get the gaia planet into the AGED- planet repository

then work from there

any help would be great... these mods should really be merged.... its two amazing concepts that really compliment each other well IMHO

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 9, 2019, 9:08:15 PM

Hi,

you can download it from the following Link. The link will be valid until October 1st 2019

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkgR1Lqd4aKc3ydzqnTRpVTLAxQV?e=vi5N7x

The Password is       endless

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 24, 2019, 2:08:53 AM

For those whom may come to see this later on, as I did, with the download link issues abounding or "outdated", a quick google search landed me HERE and there is a download link via dropbox at the bottom. Figured I'd chime that in since finding the links to some of these mods is almost as frustrating as finding out there even were mods for Endless Space to begin with.

Just in case of any form of link-pocalypse, here is the unlinked text format: steamcommunity. com/app/208140/discussions/0/141136086930827779/

Happy Hunting.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment