Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Tool to move your Star Systems around ESMapEditor

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 8:35:31 PM
@gokhan - Thanks for the files I immediately see where the issues is.

Your issue is random - an I mean literally it's caused by randomness smiley: wink - The issue is apparently seed values can be negative. Your probably saying "of course", but in all my testing I've never gotten a negative seed value so I used a unsigned int instead of a signed int for the variable and that's where the problem is. ( I had this issue once before and though I changed everything over to signed ints but apparently I left the two "seed" values in the top of the file alone; it weird though they it store as a uint32 in other places.

@PharkinBastage - for those that don't know is from Johnny Dangerously - One of many underrated 80's comedies. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 10:18:08 PM
@knighthawk

as i said in pm it could a bug in the game maybe. cus in the menu generation seed always showed 0. (it could be just a bug in that part) and i created lots of files with lots of restarting game and computer. the thing is algorithm which defines randomness kept insisting giving negative numbers is also interesting smiley: smile. another thing is in some games i manually entered the seed. they showed as 0 also. (i ll check them if they show as negative in the save file).

anyway your map editor gets better everyday. nice work smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 10:26:56 PM
@Gokhan - New version 1.0.1.137B is posted. Fixes this seed being >2.1billion or negative. I just parse it as string now and leave it alone, it's not something the app currently touches anyway. smiley: wink

If you used the MSI installer previously you need to uninstall first, then install the new one, or else the new MSI installer thinks you already have a more current version installed. This should be a one-time thing as I transition to using 1.2.[build#].[patch#] next round - trying to avoid confusion in the future with ES build numbers being so similar. smiley: wink.

edit: just saw #62.. eh maybe, if I get time some day I may took into it further for now it's 'fixed' and I'm gonna call it a day shortly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 10:34:45 PM
davea wrote:
Icehole! tenchars

Haha I'm gonna have to add that movie to my 80's map in some way.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 10:09:12 PM
Top post #1 updated with latest download packages.

Release Notes for release 1.2.140.1

- Bug where the Map-Mover editor was saving the Y axis as 1.0 instead of 0.0 as it was using the value used for on-screen display corrected this to save the 0.0D value for Y when saving a change. The old result was all the systems were a little off-kilter. This had been around so long I never noticed it - Thank Gokhan!

+ *Ditch-Pirates* tool added under the Tool menu! It will set your game settings (if they are not already) to not use

random events(false), not use galaxy seed for events(false), and makes sure pirate difficult = PiratesDifficultyNoPirates

In addition achievements with "pirate" in the name are 'smart' wiped from your file. Any existing pirates are removed

as well from the map, including cleaning up any systems they may be inhabiting.

+ Enhancement to System Editor - anomaly\resource\luxury dropdown boxes, if you mouse-over the arrow down area it will change the tool-tip to show you the localized 'Title' of the code ie PlanetAnomaly39 = Meteor Strikes in tool-tip

+ Empire Editor - Added localization text look up for research names and descriptors as well as the ability to add\delete and change Empire level descriptors and properties.

+ Empire Editor - Added Localized 'Title' name to all the empire Research descriptors and technologies

+ Empire Editor - Moved Dust to "treasury" tab. Add TaxRate along with slider that auto slides to closest '5' stepping.

+ Empire Editor - removed under major construction popup as these screens are flushed out more now.

+ Empire Editor - Tweaks to research list. Categorized into "The Tech" and "The related element descriptors" - also bug fix.

+ SystemEditor added "Exploitation" type to existing per-planet-orbit view, if colonized it will show exploitation type and allow it to be changed. I had to cram it in there in the bottom. (trying to keep the requirements at 800x600)

+ SystemEditor - Enabled Add\Delete StarSystemImprovement Descriptors at the star system level, no longer just a viewer if you know what you are doing there are no checks for you know like if you actually have the technology you are granting etc.

+ SystemEditor -Added 'SimPropDescriptor' tab to view system specific properties and descriptors.

+ SystemEditor - Added 'OtherInfo' tab to allow viewing of the selected star system's Industry Queue and other items.

Note most of the additions are only enabled when you are viewing a colonized system - otherwise they are grayed out cause the don't apply.

- Gui display bug when saving file as raw xml, if one selected cancel on the save button the editor acted like it saved the file. Corrected behavior updates the status as "save to xml canceled".

+ The delete system function in add\delete system was updated as follows - If you delete a system where a current_achievement

or an exploration achievement has that systemid as either the "starsystem" or buried in activation contect the achievement

will be deleted. Also updated renumbering code base to try to account for updating achievement related systemindexes

stored inside elements of current or exploration type achievements. Galaxy achievements remain untouched as best

I can tell they are never anything other then -1. This update fixed the "known issue" from last build.

+ The delete system function has been enhanced to account for AI_Pirate fleet agentcontext 'ie destinations' when deleting

a system that has a pirate fleet in orbit it's orbit will be set to a random systemid between 0 and system count, it's

associated agentcontext will be set to the same number. There are still 'todo's' in general with AI_Fleets in the sense

that I currently do not do the same thing, I just move thier orbits in that case and their context is not yet updated,

It's sort of complicated to explain but because when ES loads the map it all seems to get 're-evaluated' I still don't think

it actually causes any problems (or I've never run into one yet in months), other then possibly throwing off the ai's

movement of that ship for a turn.

+ Found and fixed a bug in MoveAllFleetOrbits() function that could cause it to return early after only handling Empire-0. This

may have kept the orbits of fleets of the other empires from being 'properly moved' previously when deleting a star System.

+ Slight improvement to herolist(s) loading speed (removed some unneeded debugging code), Conversly slight decrease in performance of SystemEditor tab loads as well there is far more code running there now.

~ More infrastructure added for further hero editor improvements, namely re-bit to race function. I'm getting to this but it's

Not as simple as it seems at first as simple rebitting will prevent some races from recruiting more than a hero or two and I

don't think that's what people want. Anyway that's what the new include xml file is related to.

~ Enhanced the about screen with a link to the forum thread and display RTF file with a thank you note, and well you should no problem learning one of my favorite tastes in music.

+ SystemEditor new tabs (not all of them are fully functional yet - but what you are allowed to use what does work.)

Couple of crappy screen shots.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 7:00:21 AM
Hello all,

I hope i won't troll on your, post, yet i have a small problem loading a game file. It seems the editor has some problems accessing/writing

the temp file (see error log below).

path for ESMapeditor: C:\Program Files (x86)\ESMapEditor

Would you have an idea how to solve it ?

[CODE]System.UnauthorizedAccessException: access to path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ESMapEditor\ESEditor\~esedittoolbin.tmp' is refused.

à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

à System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

à System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

à GameExtracorTest.Module1.LoadXMLFromBin(String strBinFile)

à GameExtracorTest.frmMain.HandleOpenGameFile()

à GameExtracorTest.frmMain.BtnBrowse_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************

mscorlib

Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ESMapEditor

Version de l'assembly : 1.2.140.1

Version Win32 : 1.2.140.1

CodeBase : file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/ESMapEditor/ESMapEditor.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Version de l'assembly : 10.0.0.0

Version Win32 : 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.296 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

ES_GameInfoLib

Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.38

Version Win32 : 1.0.0.38

CodeBase : file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/ESMapEditor/ES_GameInfoLib.DLL

LiquidTechnologies.Runtime.Net40

Version de l'assembly : 9.0.11.3078

Version Win32 : 9.0.11.3078

CodeBase : file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/ESMapEditor/LiquidTechnologies.Runtime.Net40.DLL

System.Xml

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

ES_GameSaveDescriptorLib

Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.35

Version Win32 : 1.0.0.35

CodeBase : file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/ESMapEditor/ES_GameSaveDescriptorLib.DLL

ES_GameLib

Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.38

Version Win32 : 1.0.0.38

CodeBase : file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/ESMapEditor/ES_GameLib.DLL

ES_SessionLib

Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.33

Version Win32 : 1.0.0.33

CodeBase : file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/ESMapEditor/ES_SessionLib.DLL

System.Data

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

Accessibility

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

mscorlib.resources

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

----------------------------------------[/CODE]

Steam is installed properly (i assume), endless speace v.1.0.38

path for steam game files G:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Endless Space

windows 7,

If you need any other information, let me know.

too bad i can't use your editor, it looks very nice smiley: wink,
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 1:32:45 PM
@azrael8419

That's interesting, "System.UnauthorizedAccessException" - If you have locked down permissions for the that folder you could receive that error, I would double check the folder permissions. As the install notes mention make sure you have read\write permissions enabled for ESMapEditor and it's temp subfolder "ESEditor", or run the editor as administrator (thought the later is over kill).

I have considered moving that temp folder under the user profile or appdata per win 7 guidelines to avoid this issue but frankly I can't stand programs that bury crap all over the place like that but for the sake of the users perhaps I need to revisit that decision.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 5:21:45 PM
KnightHawk wrote:
As the install notes mention make sure you have read\write permissions enabled for ESMapEditor and it's temp subfolder "ESEditor", or run the editor as administrator (thought the later is over kill).
For people who use the default Windows approach of access control, they cannot change files underneath Program Files. That is why many programs keep their local variables in the registry or in files inside My Documents. Isn't that a common problem for you?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 8:12:51 PM
Latest release posted in original post (#1)

Release Notes for release 1.2.141.1

~Changed the folder where temp files are created\copied too. Temp files are now stored in %APPDATA%\ESMapEditor, not in the Installed program folder. This was done cause the average user not running elevated previously had to adjust permissions on the given folder in windows Vista and higher. Personally I hate this but I'm conforming to normal standards here for the sake of those that don't know how to change permissions.

-Gui bug where the 'isplanetcolonized' check box was not defaulting to unchecked when one changed systems and did not yet select a planet index. Corrected - there was no actual impact to this as upon selecting a planet it was always set correctly - it was just a display issue.

+Empire Editor - Added ability to add\delete Technologies and related Technology Elements from the Research tab.

PLEASE NOTE you must know what you are doing when using this, ie if you are going to Add "TechA01" then you need to know and add\delete the associated Elements that go along with that technology. Same for any related empire level properties or descriptors that might also normally get set with a specific tech. The tool may eventually get there but for now you gotta know exactly what you're doing.

+Empire Editor - Added ability to add\delete\view Research queue from Research tab. 'Show Queued Research'. Also allows you to set the overproduction for research, mainly there as cheat ie set a bunch of techs to be queued and the overproduction to something like 1800000 and they'll all be done researching after the next turn.

+MapMover - Added blue halo\blue circle around systems that are colonized.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 8:22:46 PM
For people who use the default Windows approach of access control, they cannot change files underneath Program Files. That is why many programs keep their local variables in the registry or in files inside My Documents. Isn't that a common problem for you?

--

No it's never a problem for me as I'm not one and never have been of those people. smiley: wink

That said I addressed this even though I didn't want too.

@azrael8419 - Install 1.2.141.1 and the error your getting should go away.

BTW I'm still waiting for Amp to allow us to change where the default save position is for ES (requested during alpha stage), I get really f'ing annoyed when companies absolutely force crap into 'My Documents', is it so hard for them to add a reg key that is checked for an alternate path? /just saying

btw I forgot in the release notes and I'm pretty sure nobody will use it but me but commandline option -ESMTempFolder="path" will tell the editor to use that specified path for temp files.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 12:54:45 AM
Known Issue in 1.2.141.1 or prior - If you had planetanomaly51 (hellgrounds) auto-generated by the galaxy generator ESMapEditor fails to parse the file correct. This does not impact you actually adding or removing that anomaly from any planet, it's a failure to parse the galaxy generator statistics area that mentions said anomaly. Cause is an oversight on my part apparently I didn't happen to have any test files where that anomaly actually got generated automatically.

There are 2 workarounds:

• Workaround 1: Edit the file manually first and just remove the xx from /GameInfo/Galaxy/GenerationOutput/Statistics/Anomalies
  • Workaround 2: Start ESMapEditor with the command-line/start-up parameter -LoadmodeRelaxed load the file, then save the file, the saved file will then be editable without the need to start with -LoadmodeRelaxed as the entry will be automatically removed. The entry itself is not used so don't worry about it being missing.

For those that don't know how to add a command-line parameter (mentioned in workaround #2) to your shortcuts it's as simple as right clicking the shortcut icon and changing the target property from something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ESMapEditor\ESMapEditor.exe" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ESMapEditor\ESMapEditor.exe" -LoadmodeRelaxed

This issue will be corrected in the next public build of ESMapEditor (probably tomorrow evening).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 9:43:52 PM
Latest release posted in original post (#1)

Release Notes for release 1.2.142.1 Minor update

- File parsing issue where by auto-generated PlanetAnomaly51 (hellbounds) galaxy generated statistics entries caused a LTValidation

exception on file load. Schema updated to account for this - doh! should have been caught months ago! Negates post #74.

+ The load dialog box now allows you to load game files in xml format and also filter by xml or bin, default shows both now.

Only seems fair if your going to save to xml right? smiley: wink

~ Minor tweak\update to industry queue view ui

~ Other game file parsing updates for ES 1.0.38+

~ -ESMTempFolder="" startup parameter if you want to force any temp files from the generator to a specific folder.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 11:53:10 PM
Are you making this amusing mistake on purpose? Each different release note post #74, #75 spells the "hellgourd" item wrong differently - hellgrounds, hellbounds. You may also try hellhound, hellcrowned, hellfound, hellmound, ....
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 3:18:04 AM
davea wrote:
Are you making this amusing mistake on purpose? Each different release note post #74, #75 spells the "hellgourd" item wrong differently - hellgrounds, hellbounds. You may also try hellhound, hellcrowned, hellfound, hellmound, ....

LOL smiley: biggrin

Kind of! - Dave, part of it is I'm usually dead tired when I'm posting (that's just the way it seems to workout) if you want to see even worse look at the spelling mistakes in the install notes.txt it's down right embarrassing, the other part of it is obviously I don't give a crap what it's actual name is.... it's just PlanetAnomaly51 to me when reading a file. smiley: wink Hellmound it is ... that has a nice ring to it.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 17, 2012, 4:32:19 AM
How about hellmuth after the poker player smiley: wink

BTW I just noticed there is still a bug in the moon-explored thing where in a certain case where it should be it's added as explored when it should be unexplored *sigh*, will be corrected in next build.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment