Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Tool to move your Star Systems around ESMapEditor

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 6:44:02 PM
@KnightHawk

If there's a complaint that this great piece of modding doesn't belong in the Shopping Mall then I'll complain that it does.

Great stuff you getting this out so quick. smiley: approval

I'll download and see what happens. If you don't hear from me, I'll be knee deep in Cravers and hitting the God button (a.k.a ESMapEditor) smiley: twisted

And I have no idea what the evacuation trait does. I've only played the Pilgrims once on an easy setting and never used it. I guess the fault is to do with the saved game having Pilgrims in it. Funny that - I've never had them spawn in a game previously and now I get 2. Maybe you know this. Is there anyway of stopping the same race randomly spawning in a game more than once without setting the opponents at the start? It's kind of fun bumping into who knows what and adapting.

All the best to you
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 9:49:05 PM
And I have no idea what the evacuation trait does

I don't entirely know for sure either since this is the first time I've seen it ( I never used that tech except for 1 time in one game when it first came out), I assume it is a way of marking a system as having been or in the process of being evacuated (ie using that tech option for certain races), it was active for one of the AI controlled systems in the sample map you provided, empire 4 as I recall. I'll have to play around with it when I get in the mood.

Is there anyway of stopping the same race randomly spawning in a game more than once without setting the opponents at the start?

Not that I know of - down side of true randomness I guess and probably how it should be.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 13, 2013, 7:08:03 PM
I will see about adding a "Multiplayer Jailbreak" feature, it's something that has crossed my mind in the past. I don't play much MP so I don't know if wiping the steamID's of all players works the same way, I assume it does though, I also don't know if from a desync perspective if that might cause issues, if you want to upload a MP savefile that has a couple humans attached that could help expedite adding that feature.

I think a multiplayer jailbreak would be exactly what i'm looking for smiley: smile

multiplayer game.zip
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 3:41:44 AM
KnightHawk wrote:
@indigav - Thanks for the file. The error you have was different from that of Beldhar's (still need his file if he's reading this), but yours has been fixed ( apparently I don't play enough games with races that have\use the evacuation technology) and a release containing it is pending, also I did not notice any off by 1cm issues with the planets\warps. I have added the editor to the mod shopping mall, I originally figured it didn't belong there since it was not a 'true' mod, but your the second person to suggest that so screw it, if someone complains I'll remove it.

Unfortunately, I'm away from home on a trip, and don't have access to my save files. Once I get back (which, unfortunately, will only happen next week) I'll attach the save file as you requested.

Again, thanks a lot for the good work. This is a really handy tool. =)

B
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 6:02:49 AM
Thanks for the sample Affinity it will help.

Beldhar - no problem just uploaded it when you get back and I'll get it fixed then (unless someone else has the same problem and I find it sooner).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 19, 2013, 2:02:06 AM
Chofaki - Turn 177.zip
GameExtracorTest.frmMain :: popBasicGameDataFromXML: Failed to process the element [Game]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Failed to process the element [Game]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Failed to process the element [Empires]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Failed to process the element [Empire]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Failed to process the element [Agencies]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Failed to process the element [Agency]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Failed to process the element [Hangars]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Failed to process the element [Hangar]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Failed to process the element [Ship]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Unexpected Attribute [ExtraPopulationOnBoard] found.

GameExtracorTest.frmMain :: HandleOpenGameFile: objesx state is invalid - loading of game file objects failed.

Is the response I get when loading a saved game, after turn 160.

I had edited a saved game to learn how to use the editor, but only messed with a couple of planets and all went fine. Now, I cannot load a saved game into the editor post turn 160.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 12:15:13 AM
@Khornishman

Are you using v1.2.158? - If not you for sure will have this problem.

If you are using 1.2.158 can you please attack a zipped version of the game save in question, would help get this resolved asap. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind I see this can happen in .158 as well (still the file would help confirm I've fixed it now for .159 - will release it later tonight trying to sneak multiplayer jailbreak into this release as well.)

Edit2: Sorry I'm an idiot I missed that you attached it. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 2:31:54 AM
Yes, it is the version listed in your first post, the MSI installer one.

The file is attached to my post above, before the quoted portion.

Thanks!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 3:51:17 AM
Latest release links posted in original post (#1)

Release Notes for release 1.2.159.1 - Soul II Soul - Back to Life

- Yet another parsing bug fixed (related to evacuation ships) Thanks Khornishman!

+ Jailbreak Tool changed - You are now presented with an option on which human or remote player you want to clear, as well as given an option to set the SteamID to a specific value. Should help with multiplayer games.

~ About page thanks.rtf updated, if I forgot someone it was not intentional.

@Khornishman - Tested this release with your file -> smiley: approval

@Affinity - I'm not sure if the jailbreak changes actually result in helping you do what you wanted but try it out and let me know. smiley: smile

New jail-breaker screen pic:

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 4:49:41 PM
@KnightHawk

Had the same issue again loading a saved file, uploaded the new version and "Hey presto" it's fixed.

Looks like the parsing issue relating to the Pilgrims evacuating a system struck again.

If I get another fault I'll let you know.

Keep up the great work. You're a lifesaver smiley: mrgreen
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 5:25:58 PM
indigav wrote:
@KnightHawk

Had the same issue again loading a saved file, uploaded the new version and "Hey presto" it's fixed.

Yeah it did, actually I just was not thorough enough the first time smiley: sadblue, you probably had the same problem as Khornishman.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 23, 2013, 5:24:50 AM
KnightHawk wrote:

@Affinity - I'm not sure if the jailbreak changes actually result in helping you do what you wanted but try it out and let me know. smiley: smile

Most excellent! this does accomplish what I wanted, but in a rather round about way. clearing the steam id of the players does not allow other players to join in those slots, but changing the steam id to whatever player is desired does allow them to join. It's not perfect, but it does do the job.

I'm not sure if it could be easily improved, since the cleared steam id just doesn't work with endless space for whatever reason. Ideally, it would allow players to join empty slots just like in a new game, but i'm not sure if thats possible.

Anyway, this is a great step forward. thanks!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 23, 2013, 7:58:48 PM
clearing the steam id of the players does not allow other players to join in those slots but changing the steam id to whatever player is desired does allow them to join. It's not perfect, but it does do the job.

I sort of figured that wouldn't work which is why I included the later just in case. smiley: smile

Glad the second route at least provides a round about way of doing it thanks for the update, I'm curious though when you do the manual steamID change one does it pick up the correct updated player name after they join\rejoin? I was thinking on including the ability to edit the player name if it didn't.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 12:26:31 AM
no it doesn't update the player name. That's stuck as whatever it was from the beginning
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 12:39:34 AM
Affinity wrote:
no it doesn't update the player name. That's stuck as whatever it was from the beginning

Good to know, I'll add that else I can see how things could get confusing.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 27, 2013, 11:49:17 AM
Any chance for a MAC version?

Nasarog - Nope, zero chance. I use too many features of .net that are not yet supported in mono.

As mentioned earlier only choices there is run it in a VM or dual boot etc.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 27, 2013, 6:57:31 PM
KnightHawk wrote:
Nasarog - Nope, zero chance. I use too many features of .net that are not yet supported in mono.

As mentioned earlier only choices there is run it in a VM or dual boot etc.
My macbook is too old for that. If I tried, it would set my house on fire out of spite.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 30, 2013, 12:50:07 AM
If I tried, it would set my house on fire out of spite.

Haha, well we wouldn't want that now would we. smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment