Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Spinning Wheel - Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Sep 15, 2023, 11:33:25 PM

It's been a while since I played (6+ months), just downloaded Bonny Update and Cultures of Oceania.

Not sure what's happening but at times, the game will just "lock up", yielding the MacOS spinning wheel and HumanKind shows as "Not Responding" in Activity Monitor.

This usually lasts 10-15 secs but can happen repeatedly.

Any suggestions?

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
6 months ago
Mar 31, 2024, 1:22:11 AM
MrSimple31 wrote:

<a href="https://128.199.123.119/">Detik4D</a><br/> is the most popular agent today

What is this?

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 months ago
Mar 31, 2024, 8:54:50 AM

I really wish that Amplitude would address this, I've submitted a bug report. 

To my recollection, I've never received a reply on this

Bug Report

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 2, 2024, 11:49:38 PM
Bill25 wrote:

Make sure your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for HumanKind and the DLC. Sometimes new updates or DLC may increase the demands on your system. Also, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause performance issues in games.

As far as I am aware, my Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB more than meets the minimum requirements.  Also running Sonoma 14.3

0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 3, 2024, 11:01:25 AM

I've also had this problem since the early days of the game. I've tried to engage with Amplitude over this a couple of times, but I've never had a response. It sounds as if they have hung their paying Mac customers out to dry.

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message
6 months ago
Apr 3, 2024, 11:07:46 PM

Ironic part is that the game almost ran better on my 2015 iMac - its framerate was pretty low in the later eras but it was more responsive than with this happening.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 months ago
May 21, 2024, 2:38:57 PM

Hey, I have had the same problem happen to me quite a few times now, given I also play on Mac. It happens from time to time where the game will crash out of nowhere no matter how far I am into the game. I could be my hardware that is not the most sophisticated but given that it can happen even in turn 1 gives the impression it is the game itself.

I haven't found an answer or solution to this so I deduce it is a game problem (bug).

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jun 29, 2024, 12:22:05 PM

Elis23 wrote:

Did you manage to solve the problem? I had a similar problem with the spinning wheel on my Mac Studio M1 Max. This frustrated me until I realized it had to do with font management. After trying different solutions, I found that using the best font manager for Mac makes a significant difference. It helped organize macOS fonts and improved overall performance. If you are facing similar problems, try the best font manager for Mac. This may also solve your spinning wheel problems.

Hmmm, I don't have any custom fonts - just use this machine as a home computer

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jun 30, 2024, 8:28:33 PM

I recently bought the MacBook Pro with an M3 chip and have the same issue. I was hosting an online game, and everything went well until after about a few hours, the game froze only for me, and Humankind was not responding. Strangely, restarting the game didn't help, but rebooting the computer did. My guess would be that something is happening in the memory management, and after exiting the humankind, its data stays cached in RAM, and the game opens back with the same issue. But I may be wrong, and it's definitely not a memory amount issue since the memory limit has not been reached. It's also not a hardware problem because I reduced the picture quality substantially and fixed the fps to 30, and the issue still occurred.

I can try to fetch the logs next time this problem happens if anyone lets me know how to do it properly.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment