Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Together We Rule- intended Multiplayer with Non-purchasers

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 2:11:33 AM

Hello, something I have tried to find answers around the various releases, and other media of the game, but haven't been able to find a solid answer for.  My friend and I started a multiplayer game, I own the expansion while he did not.  My understanding, as with all previous add-ons and the like, would be that he would have full access to the game systems/content added in the expansion.

We got a little ways into the game (almost to Medeival), before we learned a number of systems were "locked out" for him.  The most notable ones being:  Embassy agreements and leverage, and Independent people patronages.  The latter, specifically, they were unable to interact with the praise/bribe mechanic shown here: 

Obviously, there is a clear gamestate error text there, but after a reload it persisted, and we're now at a loss-  Is this intended?  I, and the AI, were able to send agreement requests to my friend, and was able to respond to them, but could never access the Embassy Tab in diplomacy.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 5:41:38 AM

Hi, im a gamer too, I think that could be a bug, because I own the game dlcs too and something like that happened to me, and it appeared the same message. let's see what answer they have to you.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 11:42:48 AM
LunasyG wrote:

Hello, something I have tried to find answers around the various releases, and other media of the game, but haven't been able to find a solid answer for.  My friend and I started a multiplayer game, I own the expansion while he did not.  My understanding, as with all previous add-ons and the like, would be that he would have full access to the game systems/content added in the expansion.

We got a little ways into the game (almost to Medeival), before we learned a number of systems were "locked out" for him.  The most notable ones being:  Embassy agreements and leverage, and Independent people patronages.  The latter, specifically, they were unable to interact with the praise/bribe mechanic shown here: 

Obviously, there is a clear gamestate error text there, but after a reload it persisted, and we're now at a loss-  Is this intended?  I, and the AI, were able to send agreement requests to my friend, and was able to respond to them, but could never access the Embassy Tab in diplomacy.

That's strange. Did you friend host the game or it was you?
The host is the one that have to have the expansion/dlc

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 12:31:44 PM

Yeah, I and another 3 friends had the same issue I could use the patronage system but the embassy system was completely locked out for me unless the AI or the Host Interacted with me.
We tested it out and one of us bought the DLC and it worked for that party after that.
Is this intended or a bug? 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 2:35:40 PM
vintagedude3 wrote:

Yeah, I and another 3 friends had the same issue I could use the patronage system but the embassy system was completely locked out for me unless the AI or the Host Interacted with me.
We tested it out and one of us bought the DLC and it worked for that party after that.

Nop, it is not a bug. On a Multiplayer game the host need to have the DLC in particular so the other member can use all the functionalities.
That is why on the case in which one of you bought it, it worked out.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 3:59:32 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:
vintagedude3 wrote:

Nop, it is not a bug. On a Multiplayer game the host need to have the DLC in particular so the other member can use all the functionalities.

The Host DID own the DLC the OTHER player decided to buy the DLC and the Embassys System works for HIM to initiate.
HE can Initiate embassy interactions with me but I cannot Initiate it with him even with the DLC activated.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 4:14:41 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:
vintagedude3 wrote:

Essentially Host had DLC and he can use Embassy Tab We didn't have it and we couldn't.
Second Player Buys DLC and we Rehost He has Embassy Tab Now.
I who hadnt bought the DLC yet did not have access to be able to Initiate Embassy Interactions is this intended or no? I can provide Screenshots if necessary.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 4:24:13 PM
vintagedude3 wrote:
Daarkarrow wrote:
vintagedude3 wrote:

Essentially Host had DLC and he can use Embassy Tab We didn't have it and we couldn't.
I who hadnt bought the DLC yet did not have access to be able to Initiate Embassy Interactions is this intended or no? I can provide Screenshots if necessary.

Okay yep, I think we are having some troubles with the MP in that sense. Because here there is another Known Issues on MP

1. - Multiplayer games may get stuck on the loading screen if some clients do not own all activated DLC

We are investigating it. Thx for letting us know

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 4:39:50 PM

Just adding my two cents on that one, as I got the same issue.

My screen:

Another player:

I was hosting the game.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 4:54:12 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:
vintagedude3 wrote:
Daarkarrow wrote:
vintagedude3 wrote:

Okay yep, I think we are having some troubles with the MP in that sense. Because here there is another Known Issues on MP

1. - Multiplayer games may get stuck on the loading screen if some clients do not own all activated DLC

We are investigating it. Thx for letting us know

No problem now its time to actually buy the DLC :)

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 9:26:33 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:
LunasyG wrote:

That's strange. Did you friend host the game or it was you?
The host is the one that have to have the expansion/dlc

I was the host and I did have the Together We Rule expansion.

Ultimately we learned that screenshot is a much more minor bug- that independent faction is in decline, thus why the player couldn't interact (and the error text was just bugged).  However, the embassy access was still an issue

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 10:00:38 PM

Same thing here for me.

I am hosting the game with the DLC an my friend does not have it. He is unable to use the "Embassy"-Tab and isn't even seeing the tab at all.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 11, 2022, 3:14:37 AM

Update on the former situation.

1. We wanted to play a bit again.
  2. He bought the DLC.
  3. The content of the DLC was ok.
  4. However, it was impossible for him to build the EQ from the Caralans, as he did not possess this DLC.

It's quite a pain to play with 12 not to pick cultures and we don't know how it'll work with arms deals.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment