Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding Unit Appearance / Scale

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jul 21, 2021, 7:33:40 PM

I don't know how relevant this is for other players, but there is just one thing that really prevents me from enjoying the appearance of the game. It is about the scale of the units. I find them way too large and would like to change that. As I'm quite new to modding and Amplitude Games, I wonder if that would be possible?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 24, 2021, 8:09:34 AM

Same here, I hope this will be possible, my first reaction when I've seen the first screenshots of Humankind was "what a beautiful map !", the second was "... but will I be able to do a R.E.D. mod to reduce the scale of those giant units looking out of place ?"

When I asked The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales about that on CivFanatics, the answer was not optimistic, but it was quite a long time ago now, maybe the scope of the official tools has changed, and if not, as the game use unity, maybe this will be possible to do using different tools.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 24, 2021, 7:59:13 PM

I hope unit modding will be possible; I’d personally like to have mods that add more realism to combat, such as blood textures during combat animations, as well as for injured units.

Sadly, I don’t think unit modding will be possible at the launch of the game.

In the February Devblog titled “OUR PLANS FOR MODDING TOOLS IN HUMANKIND” they said,

“We hope to add the following capabilities later, but they won’t be available at release:

Import 3D assets like unit models or buildings

Import materials or textures

Create full scenarios”

A lot of games have an option to change unit size, as lots of people like that option both for aesthetics and performance reasons, so it’s possible that it will be available from the beginning, but I didn’t personally see such a feature in any of the open-devs or beta.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment