Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Confirmation of what can be Modded

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 8, 2021, 5:29:21 PM

Hello! I am excited to mod Humankind and have some questions about what we know or don’t know can be modded. I am wanting to create some fun historical- based scenarios but before I get to carried away planning, I want to confirm a few things. 1. Number of Players on Map - how many players max can be on the largest size map? Can this be modded? 2. Custom cultures - can we create custom cultures? What can we change about them—Name, EU, EQ, Bonuses, Art, Graphics, etc? 3. Staring Locations/Cultures/Eras - can I mod where each player starts? Can I mod a scenario to start in a different Era than Neolithic (per player)? And can I preselect a culture for each Player? 4. Eras - can we add new Eras?  5. Cultural Transitions - can we mod the ability to control which culture(s) a player and AI can transition into? 6. Events - can we creat custom events? And can these Events trigger major actions, e.g. I am thinking an Event triggers new units to spawn “major independent peoples barbarian invasion” or changes a diplomatic stance between players “you’re now at war with the Huns”. 7. Fame Stars - can we mod what is required to get Fame Stars? maybe even add a custom Fame category to give players in the mod scenario specific objectives/goals? Thanks!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 14, 2021, 12:33:29 PM

Sorry for the late response to this, but here's a post from the Developer on what they think the parameters of Humankind's modding capabilities will be:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1124300/view/3034833920098798132

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 4:50:31 PM

Will there be an option in the modding tools to get rid of the need for a City - especially to Research Tech.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 29, 2021, 11:09:33 PM

Why would you want to get rid of the need for a city to research tech?

But no, the tools the devs will provide will not include altering game logic, just values and assets. However altering game logic is still possible through classic modding without their tools.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 1, 2021, 8:31:32 AM
Cind13 wrote:

Why would you want to get rid of the need for a city to research tech?

But no, the tools the devs will provide will not include altering game logic, just values and assets. However altering game logic is still possible through classic modding without their tools.

I think they should allow altering game logic as well so total conversion can be a thing, like adding magic, unique policies, new forms of systems, changes towards existing mechanics like pollution so people can make a complete overhaul on it, etc.

we need this game to be the "skyrim/morrowind" of modding, civilization 4 should NOT be the only one that could do this. Mod help this game GROW and make them have a much larger and growing fan-base. There should be no reason for them to neutered the modding system, otherwise it be that trash we get like civ 5 and beyond.

This game got good systems, but I believe the developers can coexist with modders who can do a good damn job and prove it too. If this game fails to achieve proper modding, I don't think I would enjoy this game for much longer.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 2, 2021, 4:14:34 AM
darkedone02 wrote:

I think they should allow altering game logic as well so total conversion can be a thing, like adding magic, unique policies, new forms of systems, changes towards existing mechanics like pollution so people can make a complete overhaul on it, etc.

we need this game to be the "skyrim/morrowind" of modding, civilization 4 should NOT be the only one that could do this. Mod help this game GROW and make them have a much larger and growing fan-base. There should be no reason for them to neutered the modding system, otherwise it be that trash we get like civ 5 and beyond.

This game got good systems, but I believe the developers can coexist with modders who can do a good damn job and prove it too. If this game fails to achieve proper modding, I don't think I would enjoy this game for much longer.

Old World allows such full modding. The full game source code is included with the install so modders could quite literally alter the entire game. Coincidentally, made by the same person who made Civ 4.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 3, 2021, 1:00:00 AM
Dale_K wrote:
darkedone02 wrote:

Old World allows such full modding. The full game source code is included with the install so modders could quite literally alter the entire game. Coincidentally, made by the same person who made Civ 4.

Nice! I don't know about the game, heard about it from advertisements, looked at the game and noticed that it's trying to be somewhat of a pseudo total war in a way if it stuck on certain eras, but i think there is a chance people can changed that now with this given information. I keep an eye out for that game now since you said this.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 25, 2021, 1:24:21 PM
Changlini wrote:

Sorry for the late response to this, but here's a post from the Developer on what they think the parameters of Humankind's modding capabilities will be:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1124300/view/3034833920098798132

There is no mention of being able to mod the map scripts, like in Civ VI (beyond modifying the map generator weights).

I have crafted a ton of "Scrambled" (or internally randomized) map scripts for Civ VI that I'd like to port to HUMANKIND.

So any idea if we will be able to mod our own map scripts?

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 15, 2021, 8:50:59 PM

My biggest question is about create/modify cultures. There is no clear answer to that in the dev post.  

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 15, 2021, 9:13:45 PM
Telemachos wrote:

My biggest question is about create/modify cultures. There is no clear answer to that in the dev post.  

It might be a bit hidden in the list but I wouldn't say it isn't clear:

When we first release the Modding Tools, you will be able to:

• Change game values, e.g. for balancing, or to change or add new content, like technologies, civics, units, or even cultures.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 22, 2021, 3:47:42 AM

Arkalis wrote:
Telemachos wrote:

• Change game values, e.g. for balancing, or to change or add new content, like technologies, civics, units, or even cultures.

Ohm thanks, how did I missed that -_-

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 22, 2021, 6:21:55 AM
Telemachos wrote:

Arkalis wrote:
Telemachos wrote:

Ohm thanks, how did I missed that -_-

Honest oversights like these can happen :)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 24, 2021, 12:55:23 PM

From October Update Content Overview devblog:

The first version of the Humankind mod tools will also soon be available on Steam, allowing you to create your own content for the game. We’ll talk about these tools in greater detail next week.

Who else is excited to hear of the modding tools? 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 25, 2021, 9:05:43 PM

I hope that the developers of Humankind before a modder on the idea or the solution for a minimap still come, because the one who gets this done first will probably be the one who is most celebrated, so I hope that one could achieve this possibility through the moding tools in the near future, it would be at least my biggest wish to the mod community.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 28, 2021, 6:21:52 PM
blackbutterfly wrote:

From October Update Content Overview devblog:

The first version of the Humankind mod tools will also soon be available on Steam, allowing you to create your own content for the game. We’ll talk about these tools in greater detail next week.

Who else is excited to hear of the modding tools? 

Can't happen sooner. There are tons of balancing problems in the game. If we can fix them with modding tools, this could be as entertaining as Civ 5 or Civ 6. Just a great base game. But if it drags on too long, I think a lot of players are going to leave. There are serious balance issues that need fixing soon. Mod tools will give the community resources to help the Devs.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment