Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mod Idea: Carbon Capture Tech in Contemporary Era

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 4:32:00 AM

Problem: I noticed as I've beaten 3 different campaigns that pollution seems to get in the way of playing the contemporary era to its fullest extent. Each time I ended up polluting the air so much that it forces the game to end. Now, you can mitigate this but only temporarily by planting trees, and also adding the wind, hydro dam, and nuclear power infrastructure.

Solution: If someone (when the mod tools are released for everyone) could add some sort of carbon capture tech. Either an infrastructure type that removes (not just decreases output of pollutants) pollution or an actual district type structure that takes up a tile.

I think adding this will still keep the realities of spamming industrial / maker quarters still a threat but allows you to combat it if you race down the tech tree and make an effort to reduce the pollution so the game doesn't end before you can use nukes on your neighbors and have a good modern war :)

Thoughts?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 4:30:03 PM

A district that is placed on a water tile might be good for that, since except ports well... You can't really do anything with those

Maybe something like "Osmosis capture" or something like that might be good

But I agree that as of now, it's just a snowball effect and ruin everything, it's in my to-do list to rebalance pollution if it isn't done by the devs ^^

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment