Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mod Idea: New unit Lancers

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 3:40:26 PM

It always felt weird to me that the only cavalry unit with anti-cavalry ability is an emblematic one, the Meharists. So I created a concept for a generic version of this type of unit with a new unit ability the Charing Spear. This ability would apply the charge effects (+3 str) against all units and +3 str if it's a mounted unit. This would make the total bonus str against mounted units +6 str.

When the modding tool will become available I hope I can make this unit a reality in the game. But until then here's an info-graf of my idea. (All images used are from the game)

Full-res: Lancers.png

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 26, 2021, 10:45:22 AM

That's some solid work here ! In term of artwork, naming and thematic, I could imagine your Lancer appearing in Early Modern (an era without generic cavalry) instead of Medieval !

But I don't know your exact reasoning about the balance you are imagining.

But that's look cool. You say than all arworks come from the game, even the Lancer artwork, it's really well-done and fit with the artstyle of the game, I was wondering where it come from ^^ ?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 1, 2022, 5:52:05 PM

Finally had time to make this idea real. I made some changes based on the reactions to my concept. The first release version is available here.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 1, 2022, 7:10:41 PM

I'm wondering, how does the unit look in game? Could you post a screendump?

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 2, 2022, 3:00:51 AM
FreeThinker wrote:

I'm wondering, how does the unit look in game? Could you post a screendump?

I'll add them to the mod.io page soon and a bugfix update is coming as well, after a few test games.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 2, 2022, 10:03:20 AM

Considering its art of a beastplate armored cavalry unit, Wouldn't  have been more logical to unlock it with Gunpowder or Centralized Power instead of Civalry?

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 2, 2022, 11:06:57 AM
FreeThinker wrote:

Considering its art of a beastplate armored cavalry unit, Wouldn't  have been more logical to unlock it with Gunpowder or Centralized Power instead of Civalry?

That was only a concept back then, It was changed to Centralized Power. Here's an updated overview image: Image

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment