Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Viewing localizations?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Nov 5, 2021, 5:03:34 PM

Is it possible to view the definitions for localization key pairs? I can't find them anywhere outside of their use in UI mappers. It is possible to replace %Title or %Definition references directly with whatever text you want, but it's messy and I also have no idea how icons are serialized as in the image below. Any help would be much appreciated.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 6, 2021, 5:56:57 PM

Couldn't agree more. One of the things I was most looking forward to doing was going in and "cleaning up" some of the English localization. The words are generally technically correct minus some typos, but sometime it's difficult to figure out what they're actually trying to say, making some mechanics more nebulous than necessary.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 4:05:46 PM
Poge wrote:

I've extracted localization data with 3rd party tool and import them into spreadsheet to make fan-translation for Japanese.

Humankind Localization Data

WOW those are some incredible results! I see how to add icons to text strings from this. Thank you very much for sharing! 

For your fan translation, are you able to edit these string values directly and reimport them, so you don't have to change any of the text references in UI classes, or are you manually replacing the references in the UI classes with your own strings?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 4:15:24 PM

I've released fan-translation mod before mod tool was released so I re-import text directly. And now I'm trying to release this as proper mod on mod.id. However I cannot find good way to import those data yet...

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 4:36:47 PM

To answer original poster the icon is  [CombatStrength].
I'll see if I can make a list may take a bit to hunt them down.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 4:37:03 PM

Ah ok, we're in the same boat then. As far as I can tell the Localization tools in the editor are not currently functional in this beta release, despite that it seems as though they were intended to be. Hopefully they will be working by the next release.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 4:48:41 PM

I've had a brief chat with a programmer who worked on the tools, and it is correct The localization tools are not functional yet. One of the restrictions of this being a beta release, I am afraid.

For now, the somewhat messy workaround of putting plain text in the %Title and %Definition fields is probably the easiest solution for modders until we can supply better tools.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 4:52:59 PM

Hi ! Sorry for the late answer, here's a icon_Hk.txt

I might have missed a few and but that should cover already a lot, have fun !

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 5:36:51 PM

Thanks a bunch for the replies! I'll take a messy solution over no solution. I hope this thread helps anyone looking to modify game text in the meanwhile.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment