Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

creating new adjacency bonuses

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Nov 6, 2021, 7:57:10 PM

Hi, I've been playing around with the modding tools for a bit and have been able to get some changes working in game. When playing around with legacy traits, it seems very simply to change specific values, and doable to create new bonuses that apply to cities or units broadly.

I'm wondering if it's possible to create a legacy trait that adds new adjacency bonuses to certain structures, like +3 food per adjacent building on administration center (a bonus applied to one building that selects all adjacent buildings) or +5 stability per adjacent garrison on garrison (a bonus applies to one building that selects only specific adjacent buildings)

If anyone knows how to do this, or if anyone has compiled more detailed information on how to do certain things with the editor, I would appreciate the help.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 6, 2021, 8:47:17 PM

There's a database table in I believe the settlements collection or one of the related ones that has records for various district bonuses, including adjacency bonuses from various legacy traits. I've yet to figure out how to create a new entry but I know it's possible. You should just be avmble to create the bonus (might be easier to duplicate an existing one and change the name and numerical values) and link the two. 

As far as specifically how, I'll check back later and can describe it when I'm sitting in front of them if you haven't figured it out and nobody else has told you yet. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 6, 2021, 9:17:07 PM
This is untested but I'll shoot you in the right direction.
A working example is the 1st food infrastructure (the horses one, not the jobs one) gives +1 food, +1 adjacency, theses are split into 2 different effects which can be found in database/settlement/constructibleinfrastructuredescriptor ; ...foodfamily01_01 , ...foodfamily01_synergy01

From these I was able to sort of set the harapan trait to +1 adjacentcy for all districts, so long as the validation applies. This is very much incomplete and untested but it should be useful.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 7, 2021, 12:19:51 AM
itcouldbeaboat wrote:
This is untested but I'll shoot you in the right direction.
A working example is the 1st food infrastructure (the horses one, not the jobs one) gives +1 food, +1 adjacency, theses are split into 2 different effects which can be found in database/settlement/constructibleinfrastructuredescriptor ; ...foodfamily01_01 , ...foodfamily01_synergy01

From these I was able to sort of set the harapan trait to +1 adjacentcy for all districts, so long as the validation applies. This is very much incomplete and untested but it should be useful.

Thank you, I've been able to play around with this and I have gotten adjacency to work. However, I've only figured out how to have the adjacency applied to all districts (settlement?). I don't know how to have it apply only to to a particular type of building. Is there some kind of tool for selecting district type within validations?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 7, 2021, 12:24:33 AM

I've fooled around with this in terms of giving cultures new legacy traits. It works but it can get a bit wonky. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment