Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

How to Fix Collective Minds - brainstorm thread.

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Nov 7, 2021, 4:11:12 AM

Hi everyone,

I think many are in agreement that Collective Minds as an ability is a serious problem. Now that we got the mod tools - how do we fix it?

I found the affinity, but it appears to be an unchangeable action in the mod tools.

Possible solutions/work arounds -

1. Make Collective Minds effectively useless. I was thinking of changing it to the procession action as a placeholder.

2. Add a 10% passive science increase to Scientific affinities. Remove Collective Minds entirely.

3. (Ideally my preferred option), Destroy the builder-scientific culture nexus by only allowing the conversion of Money to Science. We can rename the ability Scientific Investment. This however is the hardest possible solution with the mod tools as they currently are.

Any ideas?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 7, 2021, 9:40:32 AM

I was looking for that and found it like you.

My idea was to make it 5 turn duration, then a cooldown.

But I couldn't find how to define "Convert FIMS to science". So I gave up.

Maybe you could delete this item (no more science conversion), then add a mercury.plugin.

Like this :

And in this choose any effect. But I've no idea what it will do ingame, and how it will work.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 7, 2021, 7:51:59 PM

I personally believe it should be an empire wide effect, and it should decrease stability, AND it should have a cool down and a time limit, as well as be uncancellable for the duration of its turn limit.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 7, 2021, 11:02:02 PM
Enchanteur wrote:

Maybe you could delete this item (no more science conversion), then add a mercury.plugin.

Like this :

Um, how did you do that?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 8, 2021, 2:06:25 AM
thethejeff wrote:
Enchanteur wrote:

Like this :

Um, how did you do that?

I don't remember. I was around the listbox of collectivemind. I clicked on "+" to add a new feature.

But in the list there was not the usual properties, instead, it load "events". 

And it look like "events" depends of mercury thing, unlike standard properties.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 8, 2021, 3:36:10 AM

My take on this is that all the conversion (Land Raiser, Collective Minds) abilities should stay but receive balancing via tweaking their conversion efficiencies. Perhaps we could try giving Collective Minds a 25% conversion efficiency reduction? That way, say you have 100 Money and 100 Industry, upon activating Collective Minds, you would get (100+100)x(1-0.25)=150 Science instead of 200. This way we can balance the game without changing too many variables and risk creating more imbalance in the process.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 8, 2021, 5:27:58 PM

my vote goes to efficiency trade off. there should always be a less than 100% conversion rate between all currencies

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment