Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

I understand nothing about how the mod-tool refresh mods

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Nov 26, 2021, 2:54:32 AM

Less than one week ago, I start a game and use someone else mod, play, save, quit.

Then the author of the mod update it.

Next morning, I load the mods then my save, and the game say "incompatible you use a old version". This game is lost.

Today, I do the same. I saw I use a mod that was updated recently. I still load mods and my save and... it work!!

What happens? Now the mod tool load the previous version of the mod if my game use it?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 26, 2021, 5:13:55 PM

I realy hate the fact that Humankind games can get so quicky corrupted, especially by auto-updating. It should always ask if it should update a mod if it can potentially break a save game.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 27, 2021, 2:08:24 AM
FreeThinker wrote:

I realy hate the fact that Humankind games can get so quicky corrupted, especially by auto-updating. It should always ask if it should update a mod if it can potentially break a save game.

Hello. The developers have found it good to publish the mod-tool. But they have to specify that it is a beta! They didn't promise anything else. I think they will make it easier to use for the official release. 

For now the mod-tool just provides the ability to run and be tested. I was very surprised by the success. In three weeks there are almost 180 mods. Who could have predicted that?

Because of the shortcomings of the tool, there are many mods that I would like to use, but I can't really because it's too much of a pain. The mods on the new cultures for example. It would simplify if modders made packs. And it will help when the mod-tool is done, and allow to remember mods or manage updates. The interface is also inconvenient to use.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment