Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

War Support rebalance mod idea

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Nov 28, 2021, 6:11:48 PM

I find the current war support system to be rather frustrating. The same amount of war support is gained for winning battles, as is for capturing cities. I think the amount of war support for capturing cities should be much higher. On top of that, I think the war support gained from battles should be based on how many units were killed. I hate the fact that you can lose a war just because a lone scout or two on the opposite side of the map got killed while your main attacking force is still perfectly intact. Smaller armies should have a lower impact on war support than larger ones.

Capturing three cities should not give the same war support as killing 3 scouts. This is probably the most frustrating part of the game for me.

I'm trying to learn modding myself to try and implement this, but I wanted to get a conversation started about it in-case anyone else is able to do this quicker than I can.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 29, 2021, 8:54:55 PM

I've mulled over how to do this for quite a while, and it very nearly seems like there's a way to do it, but I don't think it's possible with the modding tools. The big issue is that there's no way to target an empire's war support towards another empire specifically and exclusively. I think this would be very easy and doable with a DLL mod however, if you're willing to venture so far.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment