Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mods DeepSea - Extended Naval Warfare COMPATIBILITY

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Nov 29, 2021, 7:47:47 AM

Hello FreeThinker, I open this thread so we can set how we use Techs for new content.

Here the list of tech I use. So, any change for new content won't be compatible if we use the same.

Ancien era
- FISHING
- SAILING
Classical era
- TRADE EXPEDITION
- FOREIGN OUTPOST
- CRAFTSMANSHIP
- FORTIFICATIONS

- CONQUEST
- HYDROLOGY
Medieval era
- SEAFARING MASTERY

- MILITARY ARCHITECTURE

- ALCHEMY

- FEUDALISM
Early modern era
- TREE MASTER SHIP
- CHARTERED COMPANIES
- MERCANTILISM
- NAVAL ARTILLERY
Industrial era
- SCIENTIFIC METHOD
- COMBUTION ENGINE

- URBAN PLANNING

- AERONAUTICS

- Encyclopedia (uses by BuyThis, remove "can't buy with pop")

Modern era
- AMPHIBIOUS WARFARE
- NAVAL AIR STRATEGY
- CIVIL ENGINEERING

- POWER LINES 

- FREE TRADE AGREEMENT 

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 12, 2021, 1:26:04 AM

thank for the intel, I will keep in mind your changes, so it will remain compatible with your mod as best I can.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 12, 2021, 6:30:56 AM
FreeThinker wrote:

thank for the intel, I will keep in mind your changes, so it will remain compatible with your mod as best I can.

I updated this thread, you can see DeepSea use more stuff now.

There is a way for you to use any tech you wan't, and me too.

"Compatibility Patch".

The patch contains only TechnologiesDefinition, and unlock both of the mods contents, and have to be loaded after the 2 mods. It need to know the mod names of assets. 

Quite easy, we can post the entire mods. It's usefull about a way to know how other modders do things. In Endless Legend, the code was in xml files. It was helping a lot modders, as any modder could know how others modders did this or that. With this mod tool, we can't (I don't know if there is was to decompile this).

Or we can use just screenshots, or write the name of the content unlocked. On mod.io (https://humankind.mod.io/deepsea1), I put pictures because I was tired to edit the change I made, it's easy to see what feature go to what tech.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 12, 2021, 11:35:44 AM

"Compatibility Patch".

The patch contains only TechnologiesDefinition, and unlock both of the mods contents, and have to be loaded after the 2 mods. It need to know the mod names of assets. 

Yes, I think we could do this at places there are unresolved compatibility issues, like with NAVAL AIR STRATEGY  where I changed the prerequisite to Dreadnought, which is a new technology (unlocking dreadnought and torpedo boat destroyer). In order to create the patch, we need to chare the minimum changeset using Unity export function and share it on an accessible location (like Github), which one of use combines into a single compatibility patch.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 12, 2021, 6:05:51 PM
FreeThinker wrote:

"Compatibility Patch".

The patch contains only TechnologiesDefinition, and unlock both of the mods contents, and have to be loaded after the 2 mods. It need to know the mod names of assets. 

Yes, I think we could do this at places there are unresolved compatibility issues, like with NAVAL AIR STRATEGY  where I changed the prerequisite to Dreadnought, which is a new technology (unlocking dreadnought and torpedo boat destroyer). In order to create the patch, we need to chare the minimum changeset using Unity export function and share it on an accessible location (like Github), which one of use combines into a single compatibility patch.

I never used Github, until I understand how, it's easier to give you a link to the whole mod upload.
DeepSea unity project (30 days duration link) : https://transfert.free.fr/rTrbE8

That way you might find some useful tips.

About the two mods together, it's really bomb!!!

My main motivation for creating a mod is personal, it's to improve my gameplay. Often modify something very frustrating.

Having islands and water everywhere and not being able to do anything with them is extremely frustrating!

However, once the mods are available, the success is amazing.

I think people in general love the ocean, the sea, and that kind of theme. It's dreamy, it's a bit contemplative, there's the sound of waves in the game. When I choose pics for the mod, I choose pics that make me dreaming, because I live far from sea.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment