Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Possible to combine mods using Modding tools?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Dec 15, 2021, 3:22:54 AM

Hello!

Does anyone know if it's possible to combine Humankind mods using the HK modding tools/Unity? For example, I would like to combine some of my favorite custom culture mods I've subscribed to on mod.io together all into one mod/package. I've found where the mods I've subscribed to live (Documents\Humankind\Community\mod.io) and can see the .assetbundle file but I'm stuck on next steps. It doesn't appear you can import an .assetbundle file directly into another Unity project. So I bungled around researching things and ended up downloading Asset Studio so now I can at least see all the relevant .asset files for the custom culture. But I can't figure out a way to export these files and then import them into the Unity project where I can then combine the mods. I've only been able to export to .json or a 'dump' export to a txt file that looks close but doesn't work either. Maybe Asset Studio is the wrong direction to go but I am not sure how to do this. Hopefully that makes sense, I am a complete newbie at all of this!

e.g. a custom culture mod's files

AssetStudio, I can see the .asset files that I want to import somehow into my combine culture project! But can only export into .json or dump to .txt file :/

'dump' export, looks close but doesn't work to import.

How do I then get those files into the Database folder in Unity project?

Thanks!

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Mar 4, 2022, 7:35:16 PM

Ever get anywhere with this, basileur48? I'm considering the same thing -- I have a boatload of mods I've been using, and it's really cumbersome to select each one, in the right order, every time I want to start a game. Would be fantastic if I could just bundle those up into a single big fat mod... At least until Amplitude gives us config options to remember the last mod state at startup.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Mar 5, 2022, 6:58:00 AM

To do this you'd need a unity export file from the original modder. Some mods have links to where you can download their export files but without that you'd need to ask the mod creator to send you one. I don't think it's currently possible to import the mod into the tool in any other way.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment