Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

How do I use Unity to Edit a Community Mod

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jan 12, 2022, 8:18:40 PM

I want to edit the USA mod so I can add a unit to it. Does any know how I load an existing Community Mod in Unity? 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 13, 2022, 12:35:10 AM

I’d really like to know the answer to this as well… I couldn’t figure out how to do this either. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 14, 2022, 3:06:22 PM
LakerBk wrote:

I want to edit the USA mod so I can add a unit to it. Does any know how I load an existing Community Mod in Unity? 

To load and edit someone else's mod files, you gotta create a mod as normal in the modtools them use unity's "Import custom package" feature to open those files in your Unity Editor. This, however, assumes there IS a package from that mod to import (which is NOT the mod itself, its a special file created by Unity when you hit the "export package" feature). If the mod in question you want to change does not have that package avaiable online (for example, out of my 20-ish mods, I only published the package for the Vanilla Improvement Project), then you gotta find the modder and ask him to do it.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 15, 2022, 6:08:23 AM

Okay, thanks. I just recreated the North American mod. I added to it but won't publish. Keeping it for my own use since its pretty OP. I'm already have a hard time try to keep the AI from stealing it.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment