Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

"Cannot create new animated units and with new 3d models in game"? Is This Really true?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Feb 5, 2022, 4:46:27 AM

I just stumbled on this thread on the Steam forums that said

Malata Societa' Official  wrote:

VERY VERY VERY SAD!!!!!!

really a wasted opportunity and a blow to the heart for those who want to do modding, I was told by a modder that unfortunately you cannot create new animated units and with new 3d models in game but you can only use the original game assets and modify them in an original way !!!!!! For me this is absolutely unacceptable and destroys all the potential of that part of modders who want to create NEW units! why excuse me if I create a military unit for example a tiger tank (very cool) and then I have to use the 3d model of the standard vanilla tank it becomes all ridiculous and the desire and enthusiasm to unlock that technology passes away !!!

But for God's sake, why create these limits !!! Personally I have lost the desire!

Is this true? It would be a real shame if it is.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 5, 2022, 9:05:43 AM

As far as I know, there is one modder who has figured out a way to create and then integrate unique models into the game but he has said that a tutorial will come later. As for official mod support, last I checked that's currently being looked at/worked on (though I lack a crystal ball so take it with a grain of salt). 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 5, 2022, 9:22:54 AM
FullScreenLurking wrote:

I just stumbled on this thread on the Steam forums that said

Malata Societa' Official  wrote:

VERY VERY VERY SAD!!!!!!

really a wasted opportunity and a blow to the heart for those who want to do modding, I was told by a modder that unfortunately you cannot create new animated units and with new 3d models in game but you can only use the original game assets and modify them in an original way !!!!!! For me this is absolutely unacceptable and destroys all the potential of that part of modders who want to create NEW units! why excuse me if I create a military unit for example a tiger tank (very cool) and then I have to use the 3d model of the standard vanilla tank it becomes all ridiculous and the desire and enthusiasm to unlock that technology passes away !!!

But for God's sake, why create these limits !!! Personally I have lost the desire!

Is this true? It would be a real shame if it is.

Well, the easiest answer to this comment is reading the Modding Tools Devblog.

In short, it is true that, currently, the Modding Tools don't allow importing new materials, textures, 3D assets. Those tools are still on "beta" phase or work-in-progress. Though, reading from the devblog, those features are intented to be added later on in a new version of the Modding Tools.

The current tools allow quite a lot of things already, I'd advice anyone's interested to read and follow the guidelines and the related devblog on how to use them.

PS : by the way, all those devblogs/news are all available on Humankind's Steam Page, under "News" tab. For exemple : the "Our plans for the Modding Tools in Humankind" devblog, from February 18th, 2021.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 5, 2022, 9:23:10 AM

Ok, so the guy and the modder he talked to could have been wrong. If it helps the guy that thinks new 3Dmodels can't be made and animated got his information from here. Also the modder who made the mod he is referring to says that he can't do 3D visual modding, so it looks like it comes down to skill as well.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 5, 2022, 9:38:37 AM
FullScreenLurking wrote:

Ok, so the guy and the modder he talked to could have been wrong. If it helps the guy that thinks new 3d models can't be made and animated got his information from here.

No, I think the person who made the comment on Steam is not informed about the Modding Tools and their current limitations, as said above. The mod you're referring to is made by Salterius, a VIP, who's fully aware of the current tools limitations.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 20, 2022, 5:29:08 PM

The only thing that is currently somewhat possible is to add models for emblematic district, which are static. But  anything moving is not possible right now.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Mar 12, 2022, 6:56:19 AM
FreeThinker wrote:

The only thing that is currently somewhat possible is to add models for emblematic district, which are static. But  anything moving is not possible right now.

That is already fantastic news actually! Do you know where I can find more info about this attempt? :)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Mar 12, 2022, 8:32:47 AM

If  any one is interested to hear if Malata Societa' Official ever got his answer, I posted responses here on his Steam thread and this was his response:

Malata Societa' Official wrote:
FullScreenLurking wrote:

I also asked this question on the G2G forums and someone gave me this answer. Perhaps it will help.

Waykot wrote:

Well, the easiest answer to this comment is reading the Modding Tools Devblog.

In short, it is true that, currently, the Modding Tools don't allow importing new materials, textures, 3D assets. Those tools are still on "beta" phase or work-in-progress. Though, reading from the devblog, those features are intented to be added later on in a new version of the Modding Tools.

The current tools allow quite a lot of things already, I'd advice anyone's interested to read and follow the guidelines and the related devblog on how to use them.

PS : by the way, all those devblogs/news are all available on Humankind's Steam Page, under "News" tab. For exemple : the "Our plans for the Modding Tools in Humankind" devblog, from February 18th, 2021.

ah ok i hope so....

So it seems like his problem was solved. We did it, we helped him.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment