Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Looking for mod to improve the game experience. Do those exist / How would you made them ?

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Apr 28, 2022, 5:15:08 AM

Hello fellow players.

I was looking at the mod pages and I felt like there was missing something for me to enjoy the game at it fullest.

Here are the issues I have with the game

. I feel like it is really to easy to avance to the next era and choose a new culture, have acces to new wonders, ... 

- I've already, using BepinEx, made so you need 2 star to choose your first culture then 14 per era but still I feel like it is too fast since I often get to the next era without even have                        researched 3 technology from the current era

. Map size are too small to me

- Like the map is already fully collonized at second era But I don't want a pregenerated map, Random map script are the best <3

. You can be Egyptian then French then Chineese and that doesn't really make sence.

- I know there is already quite a lot of new culture mod but this isn't really what i'm looking for.

. Independent people are great idea but ... they are kind of useless to me ... disapearing after 20 turn ... I want them to stay forever :'(

What I'm looking for would be mod that do the following.

Dunno if my english is good I'm not really good at it, sorry about that :/

. Made so You have to research all the technology from the current era in order to get to the next era even through you already have enough era stars

. Have map Scripts that create huge map and made them even bigger (would be even greater if we could modify the size with some config)

. Have a system to limit even further the speed of colonization (like increase the cost by a lot or a X/N availlable system)

. Have a system of culture limitation, like if you are greek , you could then only choose culture that are near or not too different from your previous culture (That's personally the one I want the less but could still be very intresting)

. Made independent people more intresting, What I mean by that would be whe couldn't buy theyr cities, they would not disapear still we could offer culture or gold to increase influence and unlock some bonuses (something like Civ V city state)  or/and recruit some mercenaries (but not time limited this feature is actually quite useless unless you buy theyr city right after buying mercenaries) And, most important made so they don't disapear. If you want to get rid of them you'll have to made war to them. not just wait till they disapear ...

Maybe some of those could be found on the humankind mod.io thing But I personally couldn't find them. 

Do you guys have any idea if those already exist ? Or how it could be made otherwise ?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Apr 28, 2022, 12:26:39 PM
Einalast wrote:
. Made so You have to research all the technology from the current era in order to get to the next era even through you already have enough era stars
. Have map Scripts that create huge map and made them even bigger (would be even greater if we could modify the size with some config)
. Made independent people more intresting, What I mean by that would be whe couldn't buy theyr cities, they would not disapear still we could offer culture or gold to increase influence and unlock some bonuses (something like Civ V city state) or/and recruit some mercenaries (but not time limited this feature is actually quite useless unless you buy theyr city right after buying mercenaries) And, most important made so they don't disapear. If you want to get rid of them you'll have to made war to them. not just wait till they disapear

These are not possible with the modtools as far as I know, you'd need a Bepinex mod for it, and it does not exist for now.

Einalast wrote:
. Have a system to limit even further the speed of colonization (like increase the cost by a lot or a X/N availlable system)

This is easily doable with the mod tools, but a mod specifically for that does not exist. I have reduced a few of the colonization discount bonuses in my Vanilla Improvement Project modpack , but I guess you want a more drastic increase on outpost costs, which it does not have.

Einalast wrote:
. Have a system of culture limitation, like if you are greek , you could then only choose culture that are near or not too different from your previous culture (That's personally the one I want the less but could still be very intresting)

This one is done with the True Culture Location mod. The mod page says it only works with Gedemon's Huge Earth Map but thats a lie. It works with procedurally generated map wonderfully.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment