Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Changes not saved after first built

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jun 19, 2022, 6:18:32 PM

Hello everyone,

I started the mod kit, made a few changes to the tech tree, built the mod, and loaded it. Everything works fine. So I exit the game, make a few more changes, build the mod, start the game, start a new game, and no changes have been applied. I also deselected the mod in the menu, clicked apply, selected it again, clicked apply and started a new game.. nothing. Why is that? Is it not possible to continue modding after you built your mod?

Confused greetings..

Edit: To clarify: The changes I made on the first attempt are kept, but all subsequent changes are not applied. However, I can see them in the mod editor.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jun 26, 2022, 3:02:42 AM

check your documents/humankind/community folder. There may be more than one version of your mod there and the game is loading the older one. If thats the case, you need to delete the older folders and keep only the most updated one. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jun 30, 2022, 7:49:30 PM

Thanks for the reply! Sorry for taking so long, I was gone for a while. At some point the mods just appeared and it worked out. However, today HK updated itself and now my mod is gone from the ingame mod section. I went back to the Unity project and built the mod again, but this does not help. Any idea how I make it reappear? Do I need to open another project and do all changes again manually?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jun 30, 2022, 9:10:54 PM

You need to update the mod tools in unity. Click on the "debug" button in the mod.io window pane and there is then a mod tools update button.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 1, 2022, 11:39:13 AM

Thank you! I found the button, updated the programme, reimported the project, built the mod once more, and restarted the game and now it finally finds the mod. Thank you once more!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment