Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mod Loading Causes Infinite Idle Screen

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 1:40:16 AM

I'm having an issue where after creating a playlist of mods to use causes an infinite loop where the character's idle animation plays but I'm no longer able to return to the main menu.

I'm unsure whether or not the update caused an issue is of the mods themselves have been rendered obsolete because of the update. Can someone please help me?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 2, 2022, 2:20:32 AM

Update: after testing it out, is official that I can no longer play mods under ANY circumstances which really hurts. Does this mean that I have to do a cheap reset of my game by uninstalling and reinstalling it?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 3, 2022, 9:11:40 AM

Only happens to me when I'm trying to load VIP, Naval expanded, civs super pack + com patch. Managed to load the VIP by itself without any problems. I assumed it was because the compatibility patch hadn't been updated since March. What mods are you using?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 12:15:14 AM

To answer your question, I use the following, but not in any specific order:

1. Submarine Aircraft Alicorn

2. Atlanteans*

3. DeepSea

4. ASOIF Culture Pack

5. Avatar TLAB Cultures Era 0 thru Early Modern Culture Packs

6. Embassy

7. Villages

8. More Aggressive Animals*

9. Persona Handicap Bonus*

10. Era Stars Neo 3 World 14*

Every game I play uses between 10 to 15 mods as that was the limit I could go before the crashes. As such, the mods listed above are the mods I mainly use while the (*) are mods I personally keep in every game. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 3:33:34 PM

Several outdated mods are causing this problem. I suggest you loading the mods either one by one or in smaller packets of 2-3 to see which ones are working and which aren't. For the ones that are causing the bug, unfortunately there's no solution except waiting the mod creators to update it.

If you're stuck in a loop that makes the game not load at all, deleting the mod folder (or the entirety of the documents/humankind/community/ folder) shall fix it.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 7:49:30 PM

I tested out the individual mods with no success, so I'm going to try to deleting folder as you suggested and see if that works.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 6, 2022, 11:05:48 AM

Looking at your mod list i would say the only one up-to-date is the Persona Handicap Bonus. Any mods i've tried that haven't been updated since the Bolivar update seem to be broken at the moment. 

1. Submarine Aircraft Alicorn Nov 2021

2. Atlanteans* Nov 2021

3. DeepSea March 2022

4. ASOIF Culture Pack May 2022

5. Avatar TLAB Cultures Era 0 thru Early Modern Culture Packs Nov 2021

6. Embassy Dec 2021

7. Villages Jan 2022

8. More Aggressive Animals* Jan 2022

9. Persona Handicap Bonus* June 2022

10. Era Stars Neo 3 World 14* Jan 2022

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 6, 2022, 3:03:15 PM

Thank you for that. It sucks that my personal favorite mod, the Atlantis mod, no longer works. I guess that means I'll either have to make my own or wait for someone else to make one.

The Handicap mod is very useful and I'm glad that it was updated, but it will feel awkward without the Atlantis mod, as that added more flavor to my games.

I've been tempted to make my own culture, but given the recent update with the release of Latin American pack, I'm unsure if the previous guides are now outdated. Do you know if the update has affected creating custom cultures as mods?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 7, 2022, 5:26:17 PM

The guide is mostly still useable, only small parts got changed or added. And if you copy a current game versions culture stuff as base and change their names and stats it should work.

But to be specific:

- district definitions now have a new field, called "Wondrous Resource Type". Most should be set to "Count"

- there is some change to what is used for synergy descriptor application, but is not relevant for districts themselves but to other stuff, like infrastructures, techs, legacy trait etc.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment